NEW 2004 VRSCB , 25 MILES, ALRM PROB. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
jazzyjeff139
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW 2004 VRSCB , 25 MILES, ALRM PROB. HELP

HEY ALL,
So I was about to get a 2002 alum edition and mentioned it to a friend who tells me that his 66 year old Dad has a 2004 with 25 miles in the garage...he won it at a golf outing and he is going to sell it, needless to say, an hour later I had the cas in hand and the title was mine. I am the first registered owner and he won the bike in april of 05 so it's been sitting for two years in the garage.

Only problem, The bike won't start and I can't get the alarm to respond to anything I do. I don't believe that any code was ever set and I changed the key fob batteries. Anyone know how I can solve this and get my bike running?

HELP HELP HELP

Peace,
Jazzy

Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Max
Banned
Default RE: NEW 2004 VRSCB , 25 MILES, ALRM PROB. HELP

ORIGINAL: jazzyjeff139

HEY ALL,
So I was about to get a 2002 alum edition and mentioned it to a friend who tells me that his 66 year old Dad has a 2004 with 25 miles in the garage...he won it at a golf outing and he is going to sell it, needless to say, an hour later I had the cas in hand and the title was mine. I am the first registered owner and he won the bike in april of 05 so it's been sitting for two years in the garage.

Only problem, The bike won't start and I can't get the alarm to respond to anything I do. I don't believe that any code was ever set and I changed the key fob batteries. Anyone know how I can solve this and get my bike running?

HELP HELP HELP

Peace,
Jazzy
Do the lights or anything else function? The odds are if he has no battery tender or anthing else on it that the battery is most likely dead in the bike. If the battery has been charged and good then the alarm sets by holding the fob button down for a couple of seconds. It should flash the lights twice to verify it's armed and if it has a siren you will get a chirp. To disarm press the fob button twice quickly and the lights will flash one time indicating the alarm is disarmed. Again though on average the battery of the bike would be dead in a couple of months if not ridden or on a charger.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 AM
jazzyjeff139
Stage III

Yeah the lights work and the horn is lud, we put it on a charger casue the battery was dead, and as I said replaced both key fob batteries, but when I hold the fob down, I get no recognition, and when I try any of the instructions in the owners manual, I still get nothing.....not even a click or flash anywhere..anymore ideas???? I'm jonesing to ride
Jazzy Jeff

Old 05-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Max
Banned

ORIGINAL: jazzyjeff139

Yeah the lights work and the horn is lud, we put it on a charger casue the battery was dead, and as I said replaced both key fob batteries, but when I hold the fob down, I get no recognition, and when I try any of the instructions in the owners manual, I still get nothing.....not even a click or flash anywhere..anymore ideas???? I'm jonesing to ride
Jazzy Jeff
Here is a link to the security card for the fob, it is an attachment so you have to register but if you know the original code on the bike it will take you through disarming the alarm without a fob. However if the battery was dead you may still have other issues. To make sure the alarm is armed just wiggle the bike. If armed it will go off and the lights will flash. It may be that the fobs are not learned to the bike which is another procedure to do.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47386

Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Bigdave 789
Intermediate

Repeat after me "The Battery Is Dead". After 2 years parked up with no battery conditioner that battery will be totally discharged and have been rendered scrap by the sulphation process. Don't even think twice and go and buy yourself a new YTX14-BS battery with left hand +Ve and while you are at it get yourself a conditioning charger (battery tender as you call them in the US). Change the battery and enjoy, you have had a major result there my friend.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:05 AM
jazzyjeff139
Stage III

Well the battery is not dead and the scanilyzer showed no codes...dismantled a few things and the problem was really simple, loose security system lead...bike started right up..thanks for the advice anyway guys!
Safe riding
Jazzy