Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

What do you think of these Sissy Bar and Saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Matous Leather
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of these Sissy Bar and Saddlebags?

Hey y'all - take a look at these bags and let me know what you think. We just started our company and we really need your feedback - even if you don't like them.

We can't get better unless people let us know why they would buy imported bags over an American made bag, so let us know what you think.

All of our bags are handmade in Bryan, TX, reinforced with aluminum frames, equipped with stainless steel buckles and fasteners (so nothing will ever rust), and secured with quick release buckle snaps.

We are trying to empty our inventory to make room for new bags, so we are giving 20% off everything until July 4 if you shop online at our store. I can hook you up with free shipping too if you PM me before you order. If you don't like them, you can return them - if you need help installing them, give us a call and we can walk you through fitting them to your bike.

If you happen to be in Bryan, TX, stop by and see us - we would be happy to let you see our little shop, try on some bags, or just take a break.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Looks good. Me personally, i'd Like to see them a bit deeper to hold more stuff.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Matous Leather
Banned
Default Feedback

Originally Posted by baka1969
Looks good. Me personally, i'd Like to see them a bit deeper to hold more stuff.
Hey, thats great feedback. We do have some larger bags - 2 cubic feet in each bag here:

http://www.matousleather.com/Matous-.../dp/B00CB1W1AS

Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How does that decoration along the edges impact the interior of the bag? I mean, 100 miles down the road, are these going to be rainproof?

Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,166 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Interesting....I'll bookmark the site and take a look if I don't find one at a big swap meet in 2 weeks at Stafford Springs.

I usually dig Bad&G Customs bags...the floppy leather ones, had some on my Dyna, but they don't carry any for FLH's (see my sig)...so I may see what you have for FLH's.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

IMO, they look kinda feminine. Great on a woman's bike, but not "rugged" looking enough for a man's.

Sorry, but you asked for honest opinions.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

really don't like that laced/sewn edge i would offer other options...too 70's maybe if you were into fringe tassels and conchos.....

Last edited by INJEKTER; 06-12-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Matous Leather
Banned

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
How does that decoration along the edges impact the interior of the bag? I mean, 100 miles down the road, are these going to be rainproof?
What you see on the edge of the bag is hand laced leather laced seams. When you see this on a cheap flimsy bag, its some sort of decoration sewn on. The seam is just as tight as a machine sewn bag, but heavier and just as water resistant. The hand sewn look is taken from horse saddle making - where Joe Matous, the founder, spent 30 years making hand crafted saddles.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Matous Leather
Banned

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
Interesting....I'll bookmark the site and take a look if I don't find one at a big swap meet in 2 weeks at Stafford Springs.

I usually dig Bad&G Customs bags...the floppy leather ones, had some on my Dyna, but they don't carry any for FLH's (see my sig)...so I may see what you have for FLH's.
For your FLH, consider the bag at the link below - we have them as throw-overs or bolt-on, depending on your preference:

http://www.matousleather.com/Matous-.../dp/B00CB1W1AS

PM me and I can hook you up with free shipping.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 AM
3illy
Tourer

Hate them but I wont ride with bags to begin with. I will say, however, I hate yours more so than others. I don't like the wound seems. It's 2013, most HD bikes on the road today are pretty modern looking. I just don't see those bags matching the aesthetics of recent HD bikes. If I were forced to run with bags it would be the molded plastic ones.

Just my solicited opinion - good luck to you.

Quick Reply: What do you think of these Sissy Bar and Saddlebags?