Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Fairing for your Fatbob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Dead Center Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing for your Fatbob?

I've seen some threads regarding fairing interest for Fatbobs and am wondering what people would rather have, should we decide to make something this year. So, the question is; Batwing or Quarter fairing? Why?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it'd be neat to throw on a Batwing that uses fork clamps like the HD QD setup for cruises on the highway. The right Quarter Fairing might give it nice touch too. Hard to say. There has been a lot of discussion about both.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Q fairing is cool but I don't think they cut the wind enough. I have a detach HD WS, but could see myself having a batwing on there! It would haVE TO BE LIGHTWEIGHT THOUGH.

ooooops Caplocked was accidental.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Memphis Shades recently came out with a Batwing, if you want something no one else makes then a quarter fairing is it - do a search, there is at least one thread devoted to just that.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 PM
cdndiesel
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Batwing jas been done and a 1/4 fairing is in the works but i'd say either one to go forward on is a good choice or even go ahead with both if you have the resources. The more options the better.

My 2 cents. Go 1/4 fairing.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think something like this would be cool.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

I'd be interested in either if it was setup like your other fairings (quick detachable with speakers included and the easy on/off for the speakers/fairing).

Can you do one that looks like the Road Glide fairing? Not sure if it'd clear the tank but that'd look great I think.

Matt

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only one that hasn't been done or isn't being currently researched and probable to show up on the market soon is an audio fairing like Reckless or Tsuyaku that the light cutout actually flows with the Fat Bob twin lights and would look similar to a Road Glide fairing but the characteristics of a Road King fairing. I imagine its because there hasn't been enough response to deem a call for it high enough to market. Basically if you took the same design of the mold for that audio fairing and made the nose slightly shallower and wider it would work using the same template as a Road King mounting system with HD quick detach clamps. Plus if you made some kind of bonnet to enclose the back of the lights underneath to make it a seamless look you'd be golden.

But if you want to charge $1200 for a fairing with wholesale cheap **** audio components non color matched that can be had without that crap from Reckless new for $450 you probably are wasting your time.

Forum member HYPR has done a primo job of proving the Road Glide fairing can work on a Fat Bob and it looks awesome too so the dual light audio fairing can work.

Last edited by xantasm; 11-14-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Here's a link to pics of HYPR's fairing as mentioned above: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/9634166-post30.html

If you can make that into a nice detachable sturdy package I think they'd sell. It's the best looking fairing I've seen on a Fat Bob.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd be in favor of a QD system that didn't leave anything on the bike when it was off.

Quick Reply: Fairing for your Fatbob?