Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Mark_H
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I think Mark and I are thinking more in regard of the power claims - not many of us will afford a dyno test, and if we already have mods like stage II, the butt dyno would really have to be impressive to be noticed. His lady will more than likely just notice it run smoother, but if there is a dyno effect, she may mention that. If unprovoked, I would find that significant.
Yep, exactly what I'm thinking. I really don't care if it gave me more power. I was looking for better mileage and I'm getting it. That and the fact the plugs last longer make it a worthwhile purchase for me. Anything else is pure curiosity. To me, a rider saying their bike seems like its runner better, if they don't know anything was done we be an impressive review.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I think Mark and I are thinking more in regard of the power claims - not many of us will afford a dyno test, and if we already have mods like stage II, the butt dyno would really have to be impressive to be noticed. His lady will more than likely just notice it run smoother, but if there is a dyno effect, she may mention that. If unprovoked, I would find that significant.
I understand what you are talking about now. Mark should notice some power gains... since his engine is responding very well to fuel millage gains. I do not think he has really grabbed a fist full throttle yet (since his last test was for MPG gains). He also stated he does not really hot rod around very much. He is more of a cruiser.

Are you experiencing any power gains yet?
If not... I would suggest you re-install your plugs & run some miles with them. Then remove them & inspect to be sure you are not still running too lean (as they will be easier to read). A properly tuned engine is critical to performance gains. And I am NOT trying to say your carb. problem is not fixed... we just need to rule that out 1st.
And I need to know the improvements that you are experiencing... quicker cold starts, smoother idle, change in the exhaust tone (more crisp), better throttle response, quicker acceleration at take off, etc.

As for the dyno... I will probably NEVER put my bike on another dyno again! I had my bike dyno tested about 5 yrs ago and the guy pulled the throttle so far... when I left & got about half way home the throttle grip was loose and almost came off in my hand & would not hold throttle position & steady mph going down the road. my 96" S&S Engine is supposed to be OK running all day long at 6,000 rpm. However I rarely get it above 5,500 rpm (and I will admit I am a HP Junkie). I just did not like having someone put my engine through what the dyno operator did after I signed a statement saying if anything happened to my engine while on their dyno they were not responsible for it.

So if I do not personally know the dyno operator (very well, I will not do it again).

With that being said, lets get back to you concerns. And I know you understand what I am talking about. The proper amount of fuel is very important.. for the Pulstar technology to be able to achieve it's true potential, in your engine.

This next statement is not really for you... it is for others reading this thread, and it is general info. (and not aimed at anyone). If you remove your spark plugs and you are running too rich, too lean, or burning oil... it is imperative that those issues are addressed, taken care of and resolved 1st, before installing your new Pulstar Pulse Plugs.

They are intended to be installed in a properly tuned (the engine does not need to be tuned to perfection... just tuned well) & well maintained engine.
They are not a magic pill or a cure for pr-existing problems or issues.

Please, keep me informed on how you are coming along, and how your bike is responding to the Pulstar plugs. I am here to help you any way that I can... if I do not know the answer, I will go as far up the corporate chain as the issue requires. Even if it means speaking to the owner, pres, CEO and the inventor himself... of the Pulstar pulse Plugs. I will be spending some time with him, at SEMA next week in Las Vegas. He is a very nice man & easy to talk to.

Take care and be safe Bro. Keep me in the loop.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 10-21-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,321 Likes on 3,177 Posts

I just installed a set, along with a new Hypercharger AC. The first thing I noticed was a better burn. Less exhaust odor. Didn't notice much more power until after the AC install.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:46 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by RANGER73
I just installed a set, along with a new Hypercharger AC. The first thing I noticed was a better burn. Less exhaust odor. Didn't notice much more power until after the AC install.

Nice bike. Is your bike injected or carbed?

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 10-21-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:05 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,321 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by IncognitoProducts
Nice bike. Is your bike injected or carbed?
Stock Carb, a 94' softail

Old 10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Stock Carb, a 94' softail
Your gains with the Pulstar Plugs should be present at the push of the starter button. Although it is not always a good idea to install two new product at the same time. Because if there is an issue, it is sometimes hard to tell which one is to blame or where to look 1st. But you did make a good choice on the air cleaner kit. I have heard good things about them. Did you need to re-jet, after the air cleaner? Your spark plugs will be easier to read than the Pulstar Plugs. There is a chance you may need to go a little richer after installing the air cleaner. You can run your spark plugs for 100-150 miles & pull them out & take a look at them... make adjustments as needed. And when you are satisfied they are burning good,(not too lean or too rich) install the Plustar plugs. And you will be tuned well & ready to go.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks for the feed back, Bro.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 10-21-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I just don't like slowing for corners, and like to power out of them...the bike is Darksided and has a 2"over modded front end for height, head bolts welded under the boards for sliders (and sparkies!) and was in great running shape when the plugs went in. Just didn't feel the butt dyno.
I feel ya on the dyno fears: I don't like revving the crap outta mine either and put torque cams in for that reason. Don't have to.
ATM, I've fixed the diaphragm and made sure I have a rich enough idle: needle was right on and mains just a tiny bit lean, so I won't change anything unless I see that they're not paying me back in fuel. She certainly doesn't run any SLOWER.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
NVS
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy these if I saw some results from builders so are you saying that my 113 hp could be 124 hp with a plug change ?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by NVS
I would buy these if I saw some results from builders so are you saying that my 113 hp could be 124 hp with a plug change ?
Tell me a little about your bike, and any mods. that you have made. There are many factors in how large of a HP gain you get will be... however if you are not 100% satisfied I will give your money back to you!

The major X-Factor is... How efficient you engine is able to perform on the Traditional spark-plug. There is usually plenty of room for improvement there.

The yr. of the bike is next & how well it is running now & how well it is maintained.

With that being said, I have not had anyone tell me that they were not able to tell a difference after installing the Pulstar Plugs.

Also it is impossible for anyone to say YOU WILL GAIN X-AMOUNT of POWER BY INSTALLING THIS PRODUCT (not even Vance & Hines, K&N, S&S Engine, etc or anyone else can or will say that... it is impossible to do & very misleading).

What can be said is... what test results show & what the average gains are. Will you see a 12% gain... if your engine is running very strong & efficient... Probably not. Will you see no gain at all... not likely either. You should see a noticeable difference... because everyone else is!

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 10-21-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by IncognitoProducts

With that being said, I have not had anyone tell me that they were not able to tell a difference after installing the Pulstar Plugs.

Also it is impossible for anyone to say YOU WILL GAIN X-AMOUNT of POWER BY INSTALLING THIS PRODUCT
I believe you here entirely thus far.

Will you see a 12% gain...
if your engine is running very strong & efficient... Probably not.
Again, I concur.
Will you see no gain at all...
not likely either. You should see a noticeable difference... because everyone else is!
Well, yes, I believe the exhaust note has changed for 3 of us in this thread, starting easier and maybe with less choke/acc pumps. Even with no extra power, (due to engine efficiency) I doubt anyone would lay a claim in. Consider what you'll spend for some of the trendy plugs or even iridiums like I had, (that didn't do SQUAT) a little more for one that actually does SOMETHING, well...you just probably wouldn't want to scrap them for your old plugs.
But hey....I'll take all the power they can deliver, the way I ride!
But I'm bored and just jumping the gun: FE tests this week if I have time to ride.
Now, you posted this:
The proper amount of fuel is very important.. for the Pulstar technology to be able to achieve it's true potential, in your engine.
I'm going on a limb here, but that sounds like "rich enough to work with the extra spark". That would mean a balance between richer giving more power. Hm.

Last edited by Quadancer; 10-21-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.