Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

No, they were still $14 plus at Advance. I ride with the manager. He gave me the deal so he'll know wether or not to put FOUR of them in his 1500 Kaw, if they worked out for me. I can't blame him there! Oh wait, I get it - the otto line has come down, but the bike plugs are still high?
Then it might be a looooong time before those come down too. Not a lot of bikers like to change things much unless there's something truly miraculous going on, and even then, they're stodgy - look at Darkside tires. About 99% of us will never put a bike tire on the back again, but we're a minority in the bike nation despite that there's thousands of us.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IncognitoProducts
The bike should not be lugging, did you follow these steps.

Why is the fit of the terminal at the top of the insulator important?
With any spark plug a good, tight fit of the terminal connect is important to prevent loss of energy transfer at the connection. For Pulstar® pulse plugs it is also critical to provide the energy will be stored in the capacitor before the spark is formed at the plug tip. If the terminal connection is not tight, energy which is normally stored for the efficient burning of the fuel mixture is lost.
Why use dielectric grease on the top ceramic insulator?
One of the normal effects of operating a high voltage electrical system (like the ignition system on your vehicle) is the formation of a "corona voltage" on the external surface of the conductor (wires or insulators). As the voltage increases (as it does when a spark plug gets older and the gap wears larger), this "corona voltage" will increase. By using dielectric grease on the top ceramic insulator and lower edge of the wire or coil boot, this corona voltage is reduced and the plug will last longer before needing replacement.

After installing the plugs in an injected motorcycle (please ride the bike about 20 miles in the city & 20 miles on the highway for the computer to recognize the characteristics of the new plugs) carb is plug & play. At this point you should start to feel more power, torque & a more responsive throttle. Allow 2-3 tanks of fuel for the computer to optimize fuel economy (when you are riding normal/doing the speed limit).

WARNINGS:
  • Do NOT use “Nology Hot Wires” with Pulstar® Pulse Plugs, They are not compatable together!
  • Do NOT Drop your Pulstar® Pulse Plugs! Installing a dropped pulse plug can result in poor driving performance and possible engine damage.
Pulstar® Pulse Plugs are NOT Spark-plugs, they are a direct replacement part for Spark-plugs. On a carbureted engine they are plug-and-play. If you have an injected engine, the computer must learn the Pulstar® technology is burning the fuel quicker. This may take 20-40 miles or a couple tanks of gas, depending on the year, make, and model of your vehicle.
You can speed this process up by disconnecting the ground wire at the battery for 10-15 minutes. When you reconnect the ground wire and start the engine, the computer will go into diagnostic mode . This is because the computers job is to play Simon-says with the engine, so to speak. This means it will not allow the engine to perform differently until it collects some data first. It will do this by getting feed back from several sensors on the engine, the oxygen sensor, the knock sensor, etc. Once this has happened, you will begin to feel more power.
If you are interested in better fuel economy, allow several tanks of gas for the computer to optimize the fuel economy. You will not need to Remap your engines computer.
Please follow the following instructions:
  • Pulstar® Pulse Plugs are NOT pre-gapped for your vehicle.
  • Set the Gap of your Pulstar® Pulse Plugs to the gap recommended in your owners manual.
  • For ALL turbo engines, set the gap of your Pulstar® Pulse Plugs to .025″.
Instructions:

1. To set your gap, use the factory recommended gap for your engine. Do NOT exceed .055″ (1.45mm).
  2. Prior to attaching the wires or coil, apply dielectric grease around the ceramic insulator at the terminal end of the plug to promote a quality electrical connection.
  3. Install plugs finger tight. You can accomplish this by using a 3/8″ hose, a spark plug threading tool to get the plugs started in the head or just use your hand.
  4. Torque plugs using a 5/8″ (16mm) deep socket without a spark plug rubber insert.
  5. Tighten Pulstar® pulse plugs to the vehicle’s factory recommended torque specification.
On most computer-controlled vehicles, allow at least one tank of gas for the computer to learn the characteristics of the new plugs. You can speed up the learning process by disconnecting the negative battery terminal during installation. Remember to reconnect the terminal before attempting to start your motorcycle or automobile.
Allow 2-3 tanks of gas for the computer to optimize fuel economy (when you are riding normal, and going the speed limit).

Let me know if you have any problems at all. I am here to answer your questions & concerns. Take care my, friend.
I used dielectric grease, made sure I had a snug fit on the plug wires, disconnected the negative battery cable for 1/2 hour.

Now the bike does start quicker, and the lugging, as I stated might be my imagination. I'll have to ride again to get a better feel of what is going on. My shoulder is good enough to allow me to ride, I have apes and couldn't get my arm up and being it is my right arm, I couldn't figure out a safe way to twist the throttle, lol.

Like I said it might just be my imagination. I've probably less than 30 miles on them, all city driving. I'll post up a review once I have more seat time.

Take care.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocifus
I used dielectric grease, made sure I had a snug fit on the plug wires, disconnected the negative battery cable for 1/2 hour.

Now the bike does start quicker, and the lugging, as I stated might be my imagination. I'll have to ride again to get a better feel of what is going on. My shoulder is good enough to allow me to ride, I have apes and couldn't get my arm up and being it is my right arm, I couldn't figure out a safe way to twist the throttle, lol.

Like I said it might just be my imagination. I've probably less than 30 miles on them, all city driving. I'll post up a review once I have more seat time.

Take care.
Sounds good. Safety first Bro. Take care.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by Quadancer
No, they were still $14 plus at Advance. I ride with the manager. He gave me the deal so he'll know wether or not to put FOUR of them in his 1500 Kaw, if they worked out for me. I can't blame him there! Oh wait, I get it - the otto line has come down, but the bike plugs are still high?
Then it might be a looooong time before those come down too. Not a lot of bikers like to change things much unless there's something truly miraculous going on, and even then, they're stodgy - look at Darkside tires. About 99% of us will never put a bike tire on the back again, but we're a minority in the bike nation despite that there's thousands of us.
First of all, there is no risk at all, of harming your engine, in any way... at all. Plus Advance is the largest distributor of Pulstar Pulse plugs in The USA (they order between 10,000-15,000 units at a time). Also the last 2 years in a row Pulstar corporate... has personally given away 2 HD Stortsters at Advanced Auto Parts! Ask your friend. You are paying for these results... GUARANTEED. No other plug will put any of this in writing. Pulstar is also in line with other premium plugs. This is what you are paying for....

Proven Performance & Tested Benefits of Pulstar® Pulse Plugs… Not Claims… GUARANTEED.

• Quicker Cold Starts
  • Smoother Idle
  • More Responsive Throttle
  • 0-60 mph Acceleration Time Reduced... Up To 10% Quicker
  • More Precise And Efficient Combustion
  • Quicker Ignition Efficiency
  • Reduced CO2 Emissions Across The Board
  • Cleaner Exhaust
  • More Horsepower And Torque Up To 12%
  • Up To 10% better fuel Economy (will pay for themselves in better MPG)
  • In almost every ignition system the source of ignition which ignites the fuel charge, the 50 watt Spark-plug, is the weakest link.
  • Performance You Will Feel or Your Money Back In 30 Days… GUARANTEED! If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied in 30-days... I will give your money back to you!
  • 2 Year Warranty! (Power Sports), Lifetime Warranty! (Automotive)
  • 75,000-100,000 mile expected life span (based on auto series life span).
  • How much will it cost you in traditional spark-plugs, to do this many miles... and what is your time worth to you... when you have to replace them? Don’t just change your spark-plugs this year, replace them… with Pulstar® Pulse Plugs… and unlock your engines, true potential!
Pulstar is the most cost effective HP you can buy... GUARANTEED!

Pulstar® Pulse Plugs… Not a New Idea

Below are some points about Pulstar® Pulse Plugs and how it’s not really a new concept.
  • Based on the proven science and technology of Pulsed Power with the help of Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • First patent for a Current Peaking Spark-Plug with a capacitor was filed in 1918, sadly it took over 100 years to transform the idea into a reality
  • Over 20 years of research, development, and extensive testing performed on both product lines. A large portion of the testing was performed at Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas.
  • Pulstar® Pulse Plugs will NOT Harm Your Engine if installed according to our Installation Instructions
  • Pulstar® Pulse Plugs are a direct replacement parts for Spark-plugs
  • The Spark-plug works and has met our needs. However, the problem is the core design has not really changed in the last 120 years, yet our automotive technology and the need for fuel efficency has.
  • There have been many introductions based on manipulation of the electrodes
  • The majority of spark plugs are limited to only 50 watts of fuel igniting power, and powerignites fuel!
  • In almost every ignition system the source of ignition which ignites the fuel charge, the 50 watt Spark-plug, is the weakest link.
  • The solution is based on a proven science (Pulsed Power)
  • There is no risk to you, to try Pulstar® Pulse Plugs with a 30 day money back Guarantee and a Warranty
For more info please visit my website at http://www.Pulstar-IncognitoProducts.com Thank you, for your time and interest.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 10-12-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

I don't beleive I ever said they would harm anything. Today they get tested in the N. Ga. mountains.

Edit: Test done, 195 miles, pulling a little mushy in midranges, good at speed on interstate coming home.
Got 34 mpg after twisties, 78-80 on interstate got me 33, got 42 in between - makes no sense. Plugs are
snow white, so I'm going to go a notch richer on the needle next. Honestly, I cannot tell if the bike came
more alive or not; she ran great before.
Efficiency didn't improve for me, but there may be other issues in my rejetting with the Sportster needle.
I will say that we may have just switched over to the winter fuel blend, and regardless, the exhaust note
sounds slightly sharper.

Last edited by Quadancer; 10-13-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

I don't beleive I ever said they would harm anything. Today they get tested in the N. Ga. mountains.

Edit: Test done, 195 miles, pulling a little mushy in midranges, good at speed on interstate coming home.
Got 34 mpg after twisties, 78-80 on interstate got me 33, got 42 in between - makes no sense. Plugs are
snow white, so I'm going to go a notch richer on the needle next. Honestly, I cannot tell if the bike came
more alive or not; she ran great before.
Efficiency didn't improve for me, but there may be other issues in my rejetting with the Sportster needle.
I will say that we may have just switched over to the winter fuel blend, and regardless, the exhaust note
sounds slightly sharper.
My first comment was in response to the Darkside tires comparison (sorry about that). Thanks for the feeds back. You will not see much of an improvement in MPG, unless you are conserving energy, doing the speed limit. The exhaust tone was the first difference I noticed too (very crisp). I can tell you are a very intelligent man by your comments. This is something you may not have considered, or maybe you have. I know you have a carb. engine. What I do not know is this, what is the elevation difference from where you live (normally ride & your bike is tuned at) compared to the elevation of the N. Ga. mountains? On an injected engine the computer will make adjustments for the higher elevation (thinner air density). A carb. engine will not. Also this may help on the HP side. If your engine is a strong high performance engine, and I believe yours is. You can retard the timing 1-3 degrees with the Pulstar Pulse Plugs VS a traditional Spark-plug (this will let you take full advantage of the Pulstar technology and you will achieve as much of a HP gain as possible. I also tell this to people who are racing. On a pretty much stock engine this is not necessary). This is due to the larger surface area. The spark-Plug waits for the fuel to come to it to be ignited. While the Pulstar Plug goes after the fuel, with it's larger surface area.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs (Iridium) VS NGK Iridium Spark-Plug bench test... You Decide.

Also it is sometimes best to tune your engine with a traditional Spark-Plug and then install the Pulstar Pulse Plugs (since we may have just switched over to the winter fuel blend). This is because the Pulstar technology is burning the same amount of fuel as your Spark-Plug, but up to 60% quicker. For fine tuning it is easier to read a Spark-Plug VS the Pulstar Plug, this is due to the larger surface area (unless the engine is running way too rich or way too lean or burning oil... and I am sure you are not & you take very good care of your engine). Since your engine is carbed. & you did not notice much of a HP gain, I agree you are probably running a little lean. I know you are aware it is always better to be a little rich instead of a little lean (without enough fuel to air ratio there will not be much of a HP gain). I hope this helps you some. Please keep us all informed. Thanks, my friend.

For others, who would like more info & to purchase Pulstar Pulse Plugs... Please visit http://www.Pulstar-IncognitoProducts.com

Thank you all, for your time, interest & all of your comments.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 10-13-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

I think you're right; I was thinking something along those lines myself, but wanted to burn a few tankfuls before making another change - can't tell by decel pop so much since with stage 1 you get a few anyway, and I'm stage 2, if the cams qualify that.
Still, I expected to see SOME carbon or browning, and these still almost look like they just came out of the box. Since heat is what cleans a plug, I'm thinking again, too lean.
My '05 doesn't have points so I'm stuck with the ECU timing as far as I know, unless there's a way to fool the CPS. I sometimes wonder if there's not something wrong with mine anyway, since MPG's have always been on the low side and I've been thru the carb a lot.
Oh, and thanx for the flowers, but if I was really smart, I'd never have bent the first nail! Construction can really suk when it's slow.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

I think you're right; I was thinking something along those lines myself, but wanted to burn a few tankfuls before making another change - can't tell by decel pop so much since with stage 1 you get a few anyway, and I'm stage 2, if the cams qualify that.
Still, I expected to see SOME carbon or browning, and these still almost look like they just came out of the box. Since heat is what cleans a plug, I'm thinking again, too lean.
My '05 doesn't have points so I'm stuck with the ECU timing as far as I know, unless there's a way to fool the CPS. I sometimes wonder if there's not something wrong with mine anyway, since MPG's have always been on the low side and I've been thru the carb a lot.
Oh, and thanx for the flowers, but if I was really smart, I'd never have bent the first nail! Construction can really suk when it's slow.
Still, I expected to see SOME carbon or browning, and these still almost look like they just came out of the box.

That is due to the 1 million watt discharge at 2 billionths of a second & the 55% Ignition Energy being converted to Plasma Energy (from the capacitor Compressing the incoming energy from the coil) resulting in a spark with more surface area. The 50watt traditional Spark-Plug has the same energy available to it, but is wasting the majority of it. True a spark is a spark to an extent (any spark will ignite the fuel charge). But the quality of the spark and the amount of surface area, of the spark is what determines the amount of power extracted from the fuel charge. More power in to ignite the fuel charge, equals more power out to the rear tire.

As far as the flowers, Bro... it is just good to talk to the people on this site, cause the majority of you work on your own bikes. And most understand what makes an engine move you down the road... and how the power gets to the rear tire.

Stay safe & keep both tires on the road. Talk to you soon Bro.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took a nice ride yesterday, bike def starts easier/quicker. Did not notice any lugging from a stop. Can't report on MPG as I didn't refill before getting home.

Bike runs just fine, however I have nothing but the seat of my pants to compare. I'll put a thousand miles on them and pull them to check the tips and coloration.

I def can't complain about the way my bike runs. I do like the easier starting.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by Bocifus
Took a nice ride yesterday, bike def starts easier/quicker. Did not notice any lugging from a stop. Can't report on MPG as I didn't refill before getting home.

Bike runs just fine, however I have nothing but the seat of my pants to compare. I'll put a thousand miles on them and pull them to check the tips and coloration.

I def can't complain about the way my bike runs. I do like the easier starting.
Very cool Bro. Thanks for the review. My new website will be up on Monday, same address... please post a review in the "Testimonials" after a few tank of gas. I told you you would like them... no BS. http://www.Pulstar-IncognitoProducts.com

Be safe Bro. talk to you soon. Thanks again, for the feed back.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.