Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_Horseman_Calgary
This whole topic just seems a little bit like an old fashion tent faithhealing revival, "Click the heels of these magic sparkplugs together to make your Harley be healed of slothenly performance and I say unto you it will jump buildings in a single bound!" I was skeptical but figured it was worth a try (just what the manufacturer was hoping for I figured). I took out my Harley plugs that had only a few hundred kilometres on them, put in the Pulstar he1it Iridium plugs, following their specific directions (after putting on my reading glasses and viewing through a magnifying glass under strong light. For some goofball reason the instructions are printed in black ink on a dark charcoal gray background). This p***ed me off a little until I fired up the bike and took it for a spin. During the whole ride, while I was testing the performance I was thinking, "There is no way this is my imagination". I came to the conclusion that I definately could feel a seat of my pants difference in increased sudden power delivery and the absence of any pinging. My bike fired up very quickly also. I did not need a tankful of gas to feel the difference, I could feel the difference right away. So far I'm a believer. Halleluiah, brothas and sistas!
Thanks for your feed back, Sir. I am glad that you like them.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Ultra103
Club Member
Received 1,047 Likes on 537 Posts

I was interested in trying these but there is very little evidence that they help. Then I read THIS.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by Ultra103
I was interested in trying these but there is very little evidence that they help. Then I read THIS.
That is very old, those were Gen 1 & Gen 2 plugs. It is also not a very reliable resource (if you search the website... there are no positive reviews about any products). Read this, test results on the last 2 pages (dyno test) http://www.pulstar-incognitoproducts...roduct-review/ Pulstar is now producing Gen 4 plugs.

I have 2-3 more magazine reviews, that need to be posted on my website. If you send me an e-mail... I will forward them to you IncognitoProducts@yahoo.com

Thank you, Sir.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I gotta ask...do those mags sell the plugs?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I gotta ask...do those mags sell the plugs?
No Sir, they do not & they were not paid to do the review.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

That caused me to open the link. I see performance increases on those 3 cars, (no bikes), but on the non-turbo cars, a 1.5% power increase? I doubt you would feel the difference. And on lesser HP bikes, that should be even more unnoticable.
I do stand by my former assumption though: with these plugs, carbon fouling from long idling periods or lugging should no longer be a worry - they seem to be self-cleaning, and THAT alone is worth something.
Got any bike dyno independent tests?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
WA7MM
Advanced
Default They're good!

Let me start by telling you I was a little skeptical about the "improvement" this plugs will claim to produce. I got a pair of Pulstar's Iridium plugs a few weeks ago. Installed them and run the bike for around 1000 km. I have to say that I'm now convinced. Bike is a 2011 softail with th 96 engine. The sound of the engine got a little deeper, the response of the throttle is fast and powerful and fuel economy increased in some way (not sure about the increase figures yet, I'll have to check closely for that).

Basically the questions answered here will be:

Did you feel a power increase?
A: Yes, quite a bit

Did the bike started easier?
A: Yes, now starts in a breeze

Did you get an increase in mileage/km?
A: Yes, but I still have to check for the exact figures.

Also, I may add that the bike now gets fewer decceleration pops.

Will have to wait if they keep running as good as they do now, (nothing tells me they will not), next step will be trying them in my truck.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WA7MM
Let me start by telling you I was a little skeptical about the "improvement" this plugs will claim to produce. I got a pair of Pulstar's Iridium plugs a few weeks ago. Installed them and run the bike for around 1000 km. I have to say that I'm now convinced. Bike is a 2011 softail with th 96 engine. The sound of the engine got a little deeper, the response of the throttle is fast and powerful and fuel economy increased in some way (not sure about the increase figures yet, I'll have to check closely for that).

Basically the questions answered here will be:

Did you feel a power increase?
A: Yes, quite a bit

Did the bike started easier?
A: Yes, now starts in a breeze

Did you get an increase in mileage/km?
A: Yes, but I still have to check for the exact figures.

Also, I may add that the bike now gets fewer decceleration pops.

Will have to wait if they keep running as good as they do now, (nothing tells me they will not), next step will be trying them in my truck.
I call BS. No way a spark plug makes an engine sound deeper. Also not buying the reduced decel pop either. Once you make statements like those, your whole post becomes suspect in my mind. I'm running these plugs but they don't make the bike run ANY different - just hoping they last longer so I can at least recoup the high price.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

I just like that they stay clean. I went one jet richer on my main, but she may have needed that anyway, having a slight bog rolling on hard. Mine still stalls occasionally at stoplights, but not from plugs - she just misses a beat now and then, so probably ignition module or CPS failures, that I can't afford to fix right now.
My exhaust is so modified, I probably couldn't tell for real, but I do recall thinking it sounded a little different somehow. Made for torque, with torque cams too.
But deeper? No. Mine has a distinctive "pop" to it.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.