Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:50 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Well, yes, I believe the exhaust note has changed for 3 of us in this thread, starting easier and maybe with less choke/acc pumps. Even with no extra power, (due to engine efficiency) I doubt anyone would lay a claim in. Consider what you'll spend for some of the trendy plugs or even iridiums like I had, (that didn't do SQUAT) a little more for one that actually does SOMETHING, well...you just probably wouldn't want to scrap them for your old plugs.
But hey....I'll take all the power they can deliver, the way I ride!
But I'm bored and just jumping the gun: FE tests this week if I have time to ride.
Now, you posted this:
The proper amount of fuel is very important.. for the Pulstar technology to be able to achieve it's true potential, in your engine.
I'm going on a limb here, but that sounds like "rich enough to work with the extra spark". That would mean a balance between richer giving more power. Hm.
In a sense... but as you know it is a fine line to walk. In your engine too lean is not a good thing (can be dangerous). A little too rich is always better to a certain point.

What I am trying to get across is the proper amount of fuel is needed to deliver optimal performance gains.

If the engine is fine tuned with a spark plug... you will be on the money with the Pulstar. I am not trying to imply the you should rich-in it up for the Pulstar Plug.

Here is the reason why... when you are cruising (going the speed limit) with the Pulstar Plug. You are using less throttle position to go the same speed limit (better MPG).

When you grab a fist full of throttle (you get Power) if you are running lean you power gain will reflect this.

The Pulstar Plug is always extracting more power from every fuel charge... so you are always using less throttle position (less fuel) to go the same MPH as with the spark plug. This is also how Pulstar is able to lower emissions across the board. using less fuel to do the same amount of work... equals lower emissions.

It took awhile for me to ask the right question to get the right answer about this from corporate. Since I do not work for them... I am an Authorized Distributor.

So to sum thing up it is always better to run a little rich (not too much though) rather than too lean... this is potentially more harmful to the engine.

I hope this will clear the air some.
Thanks for the comment Bro.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 AM
NVS
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running stage 3 tman heads 55mm tb tr625 cam 10.8 compression its a 2003 softail dome piston thunderheader 98in 112.73 hp 110tq

Attached Thumbnails Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.-2012-05-13_07.58.17_2.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:20 AM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by NVS
I'm running stage 3 tman heads 55mm tb tr625 cam 10.8 compression its a 2003 softail dome piston thunderheader 98in 112.73 hp 110tq
I will need you current plug brand & part number to see if it will cross over to the same heat range in the Plustar Plug. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed these in my 2013 FLSTN. Not here to trash Pulstar but I experienced zero appreciable difference in any area - starting, power or throttle response one way or another. Everything seems exactly the same as the stock plugs. Not really tracking MPG and don't care. I like that they'll supposedly last for a long time so I'll probably keep them unless I experience any problems during the 30 day guarantee window.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM
luderacer2
Intermediate

i installed a set in my 04 RK. I noticed a big diff just from start up. Bike does not shake as much, quicker start and noticed little quicker response to throttle. only road it around the block a few times need to run a few tanks threw it to really see a difference. (once it stops raining so much)

Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by luderacer2
i installed a set in my 04 RK. I noticed a big diff just from start up. Bike does not shake as much, quicker start and noticed little quicker response to throttle. only road it around the block a few times need to run a few tanks threw it to really see a difference. (once it stops raining so much)
Thanks for your feed back, good to hear your results. Thanks.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned

Originally Posted by Knucky
Installed these in my 2013 FLSTN. Not here to trash Pulstar but I experienced zero appreciable difference in any area - starting, power or throttle response one way or another. Everything seems exactly the same as the stock plugs. Not really tracking MPG and don't care. I like that they'll supposedly last for a long time so I'll probably keep them unless I experience any problems during the 30 day guarantee window.
How is your 2013 doing now? Have you had time to run a few tanks of gas & did you disconnect the ground wire from the battery for 10-15 min during the install of the Pulstar plug? It should take about 40 miles of riding after you do this to start to feel more power & 3-4 tanks of fuel to start seeing better MPG when cruising & doing the speed limit. Please take a look at this page on my web site and call me if you have any questions. Thanks. http://www.pulstar-incognitoproducts...-instructions/

Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm naturally contentious and a bit on the unbelieving side of issues until either facts or massive andecdotal evidence appears...so I'm sort of on the fence with this guy...so far I have had nothing but an exhaust note change; mileage (which I care about deeply) has changed only in tune with my main and needle jet changes. I'm thinking that the plugs are better than stock. But how much better? I have seen no evidence yet, despite attempts to help them.
No, I have not done more than ONE thing per tankfull to change results. Still working on it.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Iron_Horseman_Calgary
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This whole topic just seems a little bit like an old fashion tent faithhealing revival, "Click the heels of these magic sparkplugs together to make your Harley be healed of slothenly performance and I say unto you it will jump buildings in a single bound!" I was skeptical but figured it was worth a try (just what the manufacturer was hoping for I figured). I took out my Harley plugs that had only a few hundred kilometres on them, put in the Pulstar he1it Iridium plugs, following their specific directions (after putting on my reading glasses and viewing through a magnifying glass under strong light. For some goofball reason the instructions are printed in black ink on a dark charcoal gray background). This p***ed me off a little until I fired up the bike and took it for a spin. During the whole ride, while I was testing the performance I was thinking, "There is no way this is my imagination". I came to the conclusion that I definately could feel a seat of my pants difference in increased sudden power delivery and the absence of any pinging. My bike fired up very quickly also. I did not need a tankful of gas to feel the difference, I could feel the difference right away. So far I'm a believer. Halleluiah, brothas and sistas!

Last edited by Iron_Horseman_Calgary; 02-25-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Couple thousand miles later and I'll say that mileage didn't improve, but full-on power in midrange (I have torque cams) is improved or the cold air is working it's magic, but the one consistent change is that I don't - DON'T - want to pump the wick to start it until it's spinning. It doesn't need it. If I do, it seems to slightly 'flood' and often not start.
Too bad you can't read these plugs. OTOH, you ain't liable to idle foul one either.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Pulse Plugs Videos see the difference for yourself... You Decide.