Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Motorcycle cell phone holder..

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts
Default Motorcycle cell phone holder..

We have designed a couple leather tank panel,s to hold your cell phone,garage door opener,MP3 player, or any other gadget,s that you may want to have on your fuel tank.
The panels have 2 very strong Neodymium magnets which are sandwiched between to pieces of leather so as not to scratch your tank. Click on the link to check us out..motorcycle tank panel

Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

Here is a video that we made about our new gadget holder..

http://youtu.be/mlMD5Ud-Dr4

Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Captain,

Might be interested in the Cell Phone Holder. Can't tell by your pic though, how do you mount the phone to the Tank Panel?

It looks like there are some plastic "Arms" that grab the phone?

Are they adjustable for different size phones?

I have a Droid X if you're familiar with their size.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

The panel has a slot that your belt clip fit,s in to..Since most phones have some type of a belt clip with the holster..

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok, thanks, not gonna work for me, Don't have any kind of Belt Clip on the phone.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member

Captain,

Just an idea.

For Cell Phones, I like the Tank Panel w/magnets idea on the narrower panel.

A lot of the newer Smartphones don't have belt clips.

How about the Narrow Tank Panel w/magnets with leather straps with Velcro so that you could just place the phone on the panel and then bring the leather straps over the top of the phone and secure with the Velcro.

That way, it would be adjustable for different size phones. I guess you could use some sort of Elastic band instead of the Leather/Velcro if it would be easier to make.

Might need some sort of Clip or "Bump-Out" at the bottom so the phone couldn't slide down and out of the holder.

Just thinking out loud.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

First off we can pretty much do what ever you like..Now I dont get around much but if A lot of the newer Smartphones don't have belt clips,how do people carry them?I thought garage door openers,Ipods,and everything came with a case and a belt clip..I do make a cigarette case,that will hold some cell phones that has a holster clip on the back that works well with this..Just never put it up on our site..

Old 01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
First off we can pretty much do what ever you like..Now I dont get around much but if A lot of the newer Smartphones don't have belt clips,how do people carry them?I thought garage door openers,Ipods,and everything came with a case and a belt clip..I do make a cigarette case,that will hold some cell phones that has a holster clip on the back that works well with this..Just never put it up on our site..
Captain,

Some folks still carry their Smartphone in some sort of a holster with a belt-clip, but most do not. Most Smartphone's are so big, that it would be like carrying a Brick on your belt. Not like the old Flip-Phone days.

A woman can just carry it in her purse, and most of the guys I know that have Smartphones just stick them in a pocket. On a colder day, when you're wearing a jacket, it's no big deal to stick it in a pocket, but on a warmer day when you're just wearing a T-shirt and Jeans, there's no place to put the phone. I like to keep the phone out and accessible also because I use it for a music player plugged into the radio.

Currently, I am using a Handlebar mounted Ram Mount, but I don't like the cluttered look on the bars.

Not trying to tell you your business, the idea might not be feasible for you to do. Your new Tank Panels actually gave me the idea. Just remember that nowadays, more and more people are switching from the smaller phones to the larger Smartphones.

Like I said, just an idea.

Thanks

Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

Always open to new ideas..Let me look in to the size of the new phones..

Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I have a Droid X, no belt clip. I usually keep in my front left pocket. Something like Talldog stated, fastening with Velcro would be nice. However, I'd still like to be able to see the screen unobstructed, as I'd like to run the navigation feature if riding in an unfamiliar vicinity. I like the idea of the magnets and capability to adhere to the tank. Will follow this thread.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle cell phone holder..