Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Attention Dyna Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEADADDY
I like it. What king of mounting system and price range are you looking at?
It will be a quick detach system and the price range is approximately $279.00

Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Derv
Tourer

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
LOL - That's what I was referring to!

IMO, you need a more streamlined design that is more flaterring to the Dyna style/front end. Somewhere between a shield and a Arlen Ness 1/4 fairing.

You make something like that, where I can extend it for colder/longer rides, I'd get one.

You can give me 50% off for the idea.
Couldn't have put it better myeslf Snoopy. As it stands - and only IHMO of course - it's far too big for a Dyna and seeing as how most people who ride them like 'em to look good, I can't see too many owners parting with their hard earned to buy that unless it's pared down a tad. Then again I'm not a lover of big screens on any bike - it the wind bothers you use a f/f helmet (or some Bisodol!) and the job's sorted!

Derv

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Hmm, I looked at the website, and did not find anything specific to the Dyna. What is the direct link?

I am very interested, because I will be getting a windshield within the next few weeks.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaggerShield
It will be a quick detach system and the price range is approximately $279.00
Be sure to keep us updated on the Dyna design and funtionality, I would certainly be interested for that price. I have been wanting a black small shield style, but with the option to enlarge when needed.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser

great idea bad execution, im not a huge fans in the looks department but like the function, there are some out there that look better like the memphis shades maybe if you came up with a design similar to those it could be the best of both worlds! Good luck with this and I think with the right changes it will definately take off.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor

It has not been release yet. The pics are just a prototype as we are going to incorporate alot of the feedback and comments into the final design. We will keep you updated, but we do responde quickly, so we should have a production release in about 4-6 weeks.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baggershield, you thinking about making a couple models? I think that making one similar to the one you have in your original post would be a good idea , for those wanting maximum protection. But then also offering a more streamline adjustable one for those of us looking for something a little streamline/narrower, yet still having the function to increase the windscreen height when needed would be nice.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

i think if you can come up with a slimmer version to compliment the dyna line along with the detachable feature and the adjustability it will sell.
or you can go with a cafe style/ arlen ness fairing style and if its done right it could be a hit

Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Sabokat
6th Gear

I like the 1/4 fairing with a height adjustable screen quite a bit myself. I'm not into making my bike into a wanna be SOA Ness faired machine but I would like something that kicked enough wind off my chest to make freeway flying at 80+ less punishing. Till then I'll just steal the Spitfire Slipstreamer off my wifes 450 CMX.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd suggest making them as invisible as possible. The idea is great, but I don't care for the wide chrome cross brace or the dark tinted lower shield. I'd prefer a windshield that is hard to detect. No tinting and thinner bracing.

Quick Reply: Attention Dyna Owners