Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Attention all Softail owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention all Softail owners

BaggerShield has just proto-typed a new windshield design for all non-fairing style bikes.

Currently BaggerShields are only available on fairing style touring bikes. The idea of these shields have been to allow the rider to switch from a short height for cruising or warm weather riding to the tall height for touring or cool weather riding in a matter of seconds. The rider does not have to leave the house for a day of riding and deside on what shield to put on his bike, he can simply adjust for the elements as the day goes on.

Now we have just developed a proto-type for the non fairing more open air bikes and prior to releasing it to production, we are looking for as much feed back good or bad as we can get. Please look at the pictures and check our our website www.baggershield.com and again we would like your comments!

Attached Thumbnails Attention all Softail owners-img_1579.jpg   Attention all Softail owners-img_1577.jpg   Attention all Softail owners-img_1578.jpg   Attention all Softail owners-img_1581.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure I'm diggin it.

Kinda looks odd, but it's new so maybe it will grow on me.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,056 Posts

It's functional, but style wise, it isn't working for me $.02
teamster

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fcsallan
Not sure I'm diggin it.

Kinda looks odd, but it's new so maybe it will grow on me.
Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on the tinted lower, likes, dislikes? Our intent is that in the low position the top shield isn't as noticable, but more feedback would be great. We prior to release we definately want to incorporate any ideas the riders might have.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

No, it's not for me, don't like the style--funky looking.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry, but don't like the looks and my Shield stays at the same height no matter the weather.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
The Count
Advanced

Not digging it... not because of the looks but more of because I wouldnt put a shield on my bike or any future bikes. It could make me stupid in some peoples eyes but one of the things I enjoy about a bike is the wind in my face feeling. Same reason why I wear a half helmet and not a full shield. I'm sure some people will dig it but I'm just not a windshield guy.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand the concept, but not to sound like a d!ck, I don't care for the shaded lower part. If it was all clear, maybe? I would have to see it in person first. Of course the chrome looks good. Is that you company logo on the front???

Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
bikersurgeon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the concept. I'm not a windhield appearance fan either but I have one that I pop on when it's cold or when I'm riding around the lake during the spring bug invasion. Personally, I think the bottom section looks a little too wide. I would also be more inclined to prefer that the entire thing be clear...less noticable that way. With the dark lower, it gives an illusion of being a fairing.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
JPL
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is quite wide... I dont know if the width serves a purpose (not a windshield guy myself). As others have stated above, maybe not as wide and all clear?

Quick Reply: Attention all Softail owners