Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Attention all Road King Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention all Road King Owners

BaggerShield has just proto-typed a new windshield design for all non-fairing style bikes.

Currently BaggerShields are only available on fairing style touring bikes. The idea of these shields have been to allow the rider to switch from a short height for cruising or warm weather riding to the tall height for touring or cool weather riding in a matter of seconds. The rider does not have to leave the house for a day of riding and deside on what shield to put on his bike, he can simply adjust for the elements as the day goes on.

Now we have just developed a proto-type for the non fairing more open air bikes and prior to releasing it to production, we are looking for as much feed back good or bad as we can get. Please look at the pictures and check our our website www.baggershield.com and again we would like your comments!

Attached Thumbnails Attention all Road King Owners-img_1579.jpg   Attention all Road King Owners-img_1577.jpg   Attention all Road King Owners-img_1578.jpg   Attention all Road King Owners-img_1581.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm good for an opinion.

Asthetically it's a bit cumbersome. The radias top is "different" for looks, and the attachemnt screw/nuts a bit out of place. I suppose it could grow on me.

HOWEVER, I would think I would find it very nice on a long trip where I would not have the option to ditch my windshield if I wanted to. Around town I can just leave my stock windshield at home if I don't want it.

For looks...sideways thumb
For praticality when touring...thumbs up

There...for what it's worth.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pumba11
I'm good for an opinion.

Asthetically it's a bit cumbersome. The radias top is "different" for looks, and the attachemnt screw/nuts a bit out of place. I suppose it could grow on me.

HOWEVER, I would think I would find it very nice on a long trip where I would not have the option to ditch my windshield if I wanted to. Around town I can just leave my stock windshield at home if I don't want it.

For looks...sideways thumb
For praticality when touring...thumbs up

There...for what it's worth.
Thanks for the feedback. What do you think about the tinted lower shield? Would you prefer clear, light smoke.....? Please let me know!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool and interesting concept. I have 2 questions.

1. Why is there not a company that can make a wider shield to protect hands in inclement weather?

2. Why is the dude in the pic so ugly? Sorry but with all the slapstick that goes on here I couldn't help that...

Old 04-26-2011, 10:42 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
2. Why is the dude in the pic so ugly? Sorry but with all the slapstick that goes on here I couldn't help that...

Why is the ugly dude on a Japanese bike?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO, couldn't you have the same basic effect with a sliding mounting system? Seems to me I saw something like that before. As for me, no thanks.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerShield
Thanks for the feedback. What do you think about the tinted lower shield? Would you prefer clear, light smoke.....? Please let me know!
I think it's okay. I don't think I would like the clear with your concept since you would more clearly see the clear adjustable part THROUGH the low fixed unit.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
BaggerShield
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shooter5074
Why is the ugly dude on a Japanese bike?
You didn't think we would waste a Harley for proto-typing. Keep the comments coming.

Sincerely,

The ugly dude!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why is there not a company that can make a wider shield to protect hands in inclement weather?
Klock Werks Billboard Flare will do that.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Zimbob
IMO, couldn't you have the same basic effect with a sliding mounting system? Seems to me I saw something like that before. As for me, no thanks.
+1. I know sometimes one has to sacrifice form for function, but a sliding mounting system, like on the old Softail Heritage, is the best. I have to say, the looks are non-starter. FWIW

TedMan

Quick Reply: Attention all Road King Owners