Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

The official West Coast T-bar's thread....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Bear_925
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10"s on mine, coulda went 12-14 and been fine, Im 6'.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
JoeBobber
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine are 12's about 13" from top of bar to triple tree. these are great bars and very comfortable...

Attached Thumbnails The official West Coast T-bar's thread....-my-bike-picture74651-sany1948.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
ecvjohnny
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scotty's website has tons of pics, www.westcoast-tbars.com

Old 08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sadly I have an 08 SB so these wont work for me and I'm too lazy and cheap to change out the top triple tree - I luv the look though. I wonder if they'd consider a small run of these bars with the risers spaced a little further apart and a horizontal bar welded across the bottom (sorta like the Biltwell Window Bars but taller) for us 08 and up StreetBobbers.........

Attached Thumbnails The official West Coast T-bar's thread....-large_768_biltwell-window-7-8-handlebars-black-photo-1.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

don't mean to hijack the thread but here's a shot of the window bars on a bike (Its a shovelhead but you get the idea)

Attached Thumbnails The official West Coast T-bar's thread....-114265d1273027011-biltwell-window-handlebar-imag0345.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 05:51 PM
ridinhigh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are 14" wctbar's I just installed on my '01 fxdxt very comfortable. Best bars I've ridden with so far.

Attached Thumbnails The official West Coast T-bar's thread....-brad-003.jpg   The official West Coast T-bar's thread....-brad-001.jpg   The official West Coast T-bar's thread....-brad-002.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
I luv the look though
I think window bars are way cool. I'd like to run some on my fat bob. (minus the down bend on the grip section) There are lots of guys who will make custom bars for you and they aren't that expensive.

Look for Rock's Chops outta Evansville, In. Talented kid, makes some killer bars and will do any custom design for a reasonable price.
http://www.rockschops.com/custombars.html

Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Shizims
I think window bars are way cool. I'd like to run some on my fat bob. (minus the down bend on the grip section) There are lots of guys who will make custom bars for you and they aren't that expensive.

Look for Rock's Chops outta Evansville, In. Talented kid, makes some killer bars and will do any custom design for a reasonable price.
http://www.rockschops.com/custombars.html
thanks; problem with most of the custom bar builders is they can't (or wont) dimple the bars for the post 82 controls so you are forced to run the wires internally and I generally can't be bothered with all that goes into doing that (I know, I know its eeeeeeasy but I still dont wanna do it) - if I dont like the bars or find something I like better I want to be able to quickly swap em out.

Hey Dr. V-Twin - since you seem to know these guys at West Coats T-Bars - how 'bout asking them to branch out and do a window bar?????

PS - those window bars would look wicked on a fatbob........ do it.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
thanks; problem with most of the custom bar builders is they can't (or wont) dimple the bars for the post 82 controls so you are forced to run the wires internally and I generally can't be bothered with all that goes into doing that (I know, I know its eeeeeeasy but I still dont wanna do it) - if I dont like the bars or find something I like better I want to be able to quickly swap em out.

Hey Dr. V-Twin - since you seem to know these guys at West Coats T-Bars - how 'bout asking them to branch out and do a window bar?????

PS - those window bars would look wicked on a fatbob........ do it.
I already have. I have not heard back yet.

Drew

Old 08-19-2010, 05:08 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I already have. I have not heard back yet.

Drew
cool; let us know. A 12 or 13" window bar would be a hot item I'd think. I did ask Biltwell if they'd make a taller set (their's are 10" at the highest but drop down at the tips quite a bit) but they said no.

Quick Reply: The official West Coast T-bar's thread....