Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

SaddlebagSecure™ - NO MORE WORRIES ABOUT STOLEN SADDLEBAGS ON HARLEY TOURING BIKES!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010 | 05:44 PM
07RK/Gaub
Advanced
Default Bag locks

I bought bag locks for my RK Classic's soft bags from the dealer which turned out to be junk. Found another type from INERTIA that are a great product but now that the bags were locked I still worried about someone stealing the whole bag. Like lionsm13 I was going to rig up something using an allen bolt, lock nut and locktite but figured it would be a pain to get my bags off.

Glad I ran across this thread. Looks like a simple solution to the problem. Not looking to keep the harden criminal away, hell he would just take the whole bike. Just looking to make it harder on the weekend crook and give me a lil piece of mind when I walk away from my bike.

Old 06-07-2010 | 06:53 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07RK/Gaub
I bought bag locks for my RK Classic's soft bags from the dealer which turned out to be junk. Found another type from INERTIA that are a great product but now that the bags were locked I still worried about someone stealing the whole bag. Like lionsm13 I was going to rig up something using an allen bolt, lock nut and locktite but figured it would be a pain to get my bags off.

Glad I ran across this thread. Looks like a simple solution to the problem. Not looking to keep the harden criminal away, hell he would just take the whole bike. Just looking to make it harder on the weekend crook and give me a lil piece of mind when I walk away from my bike.
Hey man. I have the exact same set-up for my RK Classic. I think you'll be happy. Just remember - we offer a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee if you're not 100% satisfied.

Old 06-13-2010 | 08:10 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Check out our eBay feedback on our SaddlebagSecure - 100% POSITIVE!

Old 06-18-2010 | 11:24 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Product Reviews from HDForum members will start to be posted in the next week or so! Look for them! Meanwhile, Check out our eBay feedback on our SaddlebagSecure! ALL 100% positive!

Old 06-21-2010 | 08:54 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Just got first review from HDForum member! Posted in the Product Review Forum - check it out here!

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:19 PM
North Star
Road Captain

Just wanted to order the seat screw, but ordered the saddlebag secure as well. The seat screw is a great idea- I can't believe that Harley only provides one simple screw (or even worse, the aftermarket thumb screws) to secure a seat worth hundreds of dollars, when other manufacturers use a key lock to secure their seats.

Just a suggestion- I realize that you must gain access inside a locked saddlebag to unscrew the security screws with your key, but I think it would be prudent of you to not sell anyone the key alone, unless you check to see that they have ordered one of your products in the past- at least that would prevent anyone from buying your generic key.

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:35 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by North Star
Just wanted to order the seat screw, but ordered the saddlebag secure as well. The seat screw is a great idea- I can't believe that Harley only provides one simple screw (or even worse, the aftermarket thumb screws) to secure a seat worth hundreds of dollars, when other manufacturers use a key lock to secure their seats.

Just a suggestion- I realize that you must gain access inside a locked saddlebag to unscrew the security screws with your key, but I think it would be prudent of you to not sell anyone the key alone, unless you check to see that they have ordered one of your products in the past- at least that would prevent anyone from buying your generic key.
As you say that - to this point only those having purchased the sets / screws have bought the tools. However, we will be producing varying custom tools to go with the sets and screws as we sell more. Totally understand what you are saying and we hope to stay on top of that.

Thanks for checking us out and purchasing!

Old 07-01-2010 | 08:06 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

See our product reviews on hdforums!

Old 07-01-2010 | 03:44 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

I'm glad someone posted in this thread. I finally ordered mine just now. One of my twist pins is bent and keeps falling out. Figured I go ahead and order these and not have that problem anymore plus have some peace of mind.

Old 07-05-2010 | 04:48 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

See our product reviews on hdforums

Quick Reply: SaddlebagSecure™ - NO MORE WORRIES ABOUT STOLEN SADDLEBAGS ON HARLEY TOURING BIKES!