Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

SaddlebagSecure™ - NO MORE WORRIES ABOUT STOLEN SADDLEBAGS ON HARLEY TOURING BIKES!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010 | 06:16 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Hey! Thanks for checking us out. The system as designed locks into place. I've had mine on for 2 years and it hasn't budged. Hope you have a good Memorial Day.

Last edited by Brukus Motorcycle Parts; 05-31-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 06:45 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

How does it lock, do you have a pic? How does it lock into place?

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:24 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lionsm13
How does it lock, do you have a pic? How does it lock into place?
Our product includes a threaded clip that replaces the original clip on the frame of the bike to actually hold the tamper-proof stainless steel security screw that you see pictured. This is only part of the product assembly, but I'm assuming that is what you are asking. We don't show a picture for proprietary reasons as this product does have a Patent Pending. But you can read our latest Independent Product Review which is posted on various websites and forums. And you can also read our 100% positive feedback on our eBay site. All of these comments are unbiased.

If you are picturing an actual lock and key - that is not how our product works. However, we refer to the special tool used on the tamper-proof security screws as a tool/key, for lack of a better word, as you must have this tool/key to install and remove your saddlebags.

We sought to secure the bags as easily and inexpensively, but as strongly and securely as possible. To put an actual lock and key on each of the 4 attachment areas of the 2 saddlebags would cost a lot more than the $20 for the entire kit that our product costs.

We also sought to have the bags secured to your bike, but at the same time keep it as easy and convenient as possible to remove the bags when you need to.

In the review mentioned above, the writer actually tried to pop his own bags off with a screwdriver as he didn't realize this was possible - and was shocked to see how easy it was! One of our very first customers had just returned from a ride in S. California where 5 of the 10 bikes had their saddlebags stolen.

Not to mention the countless bikers who have had the twist pins break or come loose while traveling down the road - only to have their bags fall off and have to be replaced. I'm sure you've read about that on this forum.

Your peace of mind in leaving your bike and not having to worry about your saddlebags is pretty inexpensive at $19.95 for 4 complete assemblies (2 for each saddlebag) and the special order tool.

AND we offer a 30-day-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with any of our products.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-31-2010 | 12:19 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Hmm, that is interesting as that is what I use too is a "threaded clip" on the back side that takes the place of clips. I don't have the "special tamper-proof screw" w' the special wrench though,( I use a SS Allen bolt) but I do keep my saddlebags locked though when ever I am out and about, so if someone wants to steal my bags their going to have to pick the saddlebag lock first.
The only drawback with the method that I use I believe is that it takes a lot longer to get off than does the druise clips, but it gives me peace of mind knowing that they are more secure. I guess that there are trade offs to everything...
Thanx.

Old 05-31-2010 | 12:34 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Gotcha.

Our system takes about 1 minute each bag to remove. And we also now have a Fender Security Screw for the seat/luggage rack that works with the same tool/key. We are selling the SaddlebagSecure and Security Screw as a real good package.

Have a good Memorial Day!

Old 05-31-2010 | 12:54 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Looks like a decent $20 insurance policy. Hell, I never thought twice about my bags getting stolen even with them locked. Time to do some more research on this. Oh, BTW, your website kept locking up my browser.

Old 05-31-2010 | 01:34 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
Oh, BTW, your website kept locking up my browser.
That is NOT good. Just contacted our web hoster about this, but no idea if they are working today. Between just launching a new product with the Fender Security Screw AND the good review of our SaddlebagSecure being posted on several websites today and yesterday - it could just be over-loaded. But regardless, that is not good.

Wanted to THANK YOU for making us aware of the problem, though! Please try again later.

And if anyone else out there is having problems with our site - please let us know! And if you would, please let us know which web browser you are having trouble with.

Thank you!

Old 06-01-2010 | 08:39 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy

Originally Posted by Brukus Motorcycle Parts
........ To put an actual lock and key on each of the 4 attachment areas of the 2 saddlebags would cost a lot more than the $20 for the entire kit that our product costs. .......
Recently went to a road trip basics presentation at my local dealer. They showed a lock and key assembly that a local machine shop was making. Looked pretty but at $300 each, I'm glad that I paid the $19.95 for my Brukus locking assembly!

Old 06-03-2010 | 07:06 PM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Got mine a couple of days ago....fast shipping!!!! Installed mine in about 5 minutes.....great peace of mind!!!! Great product...thanks!!

Old 06-07-2010 | 03:42 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
|
Former Sponsor

Three latest feedbacks from Harley owners:
I ordered your SaddlebagSecure system and liked the idea so well that I ordered the seat bolt and an extra wrench.* Both are great products.* I'll be recommending both to my fellow Harley riders. Thanks,
Tom P.

I received the system today and it is already on the cycle.* It was a quick and easy installation.* I ordered it on 06/03/10 and it arrived on 06/07/10.* Good service and a good product. Thank you,
* Chuck M

The system is awesome & easy to install!

Quick Reply: SaddlebagSecure™ - NO MORE WORRIES ABOUT STOLEN SADDLEBAGS ON HARLEY TOURING BIKES!