Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Vance & Hines - Blowout Prices? Don't be fooled!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Newgene
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please PM me a price for a set of #17921 shipped to zip code 39576. Also, are you still lower than everyone else's prices? I pretty much know where most guys online are, but I haven't had much luck getting lower than them.

Thanks

Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 AM
rideshack
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent. Thank you!!

Corey

Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Newgene
Advanced

Corey,

I don't know if you wanted this to be an open forum, and no offense, but the price you sent me was NOT lower than a few of the leading HD aftermarket vendors...even for their normal printed prices on their website. I'm not talking about specials.

I think it would make sense to post the prices out in the open on the forum, or else the thread could be misleading.

Do you agree?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 PM
rideshack
Former Sponsor

Some examples would be great. Once we can confirm that their pricing all freight and handling charges, we will make the changes to correct our site. Thanks for your help.

Corey

Last edited by rideshack; 07-15-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Newgene
Advanced

Originally Posted by rideshack
Some examples would be great. Once we can confirm that their pricing all freight and handling charges, we will make the changes to correct our site. Thanks for your help.

Corey
Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered #17921

Eastern Performance -- $499.95 shipped
American Classic (Ebay Store seller) -- $473.95 shipped

Just to name a few...

Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
rideshack
Former Sponsor

Once again, thanks for the help. Found the Eastern Performance listing, and our price has been adjusted. We browsed their site, and found that the vast majority of their listings were, in fact, considerably higher priced, particularily on the more popular Vance and Hines offerings. American Classics listing in eBay appears to be harder to find. We have searched Ebay and Motors by Vance and Hines number and Drag Specialties number and we can't seem to find it. A link would be helpful. We DO stand behind our claims, but as you can imagine, it's hard to browse all Vance and Hines dealers in cyberspace, and at the same time looking at each individual part number offered. We do our best, and sometimes some corrections need to be made. We make our claims based on the ENTIRE Vance and Hines line as a whole, and we have yet to find another predominant store willing to display the pricing that we do on the COMPLETE line. We are always willing to beat anyones ADVERTISED price, including the shipping and handling, on AVAILABLE product. We are ALWAYS looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and guidance, and we welcome it. Thanks for giving us the chance to improve our pricing and service to better serve our customers.

Corey

Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Newgene
Advanced

Eastern Performance on Ebay ($474): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VANCE...Q5fAccessories

American Classic on Ebay($474): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VANCE...Q5fAccessories

American Classic on Ebay($474): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VANCE...Q5fAccessories

Motorcycle Depot ($490): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VANCE...Q5fAccessories

I appreciate you looking into this one as well. What baffles me is the CONSISTANT price of everyone selling in that range. If someone can sell on ebay at $474, they can sell direct at around $440 ALL DAY LONG. Yet, nobody will sell the exhaust at that price. The paypal/ebay fees combined are $32 to $34, even for the highest powerseller with a merchant paypal account.

Apparently, everyone is cool with donating to Ebay, but they don't want to pass the savings to the end customer. I sold on ebay before, and I can pretty much look at the sales prices and ballpark what Vance and Hines is selling these pipes to the retailers at.

Thanks for your help on this.

Newgene

Old 07-17-2009, 12:47 AM
rideshack
Former Sponsor

Newgene-

PM sent. I hope it explains the concept of "loss leader" marketing in play. Grocery stores and other retailers have been using for decades. Losing a little on one side, but making it up in spades on the other side. We're taking the "fairness for all" approach to our business and product pricing. Thanks again for helping us get our message across to the folks.

Corey

Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Newgene
Advanced

Originally Posted by rideshack
Newgene-

PM sent. I hope it explains the concept of "loss leader" marketing in play. Grocery stores and other retailers have been using for decades. Losing a little on one side, but making it up in spades on the other side. We're taking the "fairness for all" approach to our business and product pricing. Thanks again for helping us get our message across to the folks.

Corey

I replied back. You guys have been very fair. Ebay is a little different in general economics in that you don't get the same shopper in the rest of your store, just by getting them in for one item. On ebay, especially for items that ship free, people mix and match from different vendors, and they don't just add to a cart, other items, because they are already shopping there. This is true for grocery stores where someone will pick up an item overpriced by $2 just to avoid driving across town.

I hear what you are saying, but the companies selling keep listing these items over and over again. There are a heck of lot better ways to invest in advertising than a philosophy such as that. I believe these companies truly are just reducing their margin to a minimal amount to force profits by volume. In general, that is true for all of ebay and the online shopping world (see amazon.com).

Other factors to consider are the distance a retailer is from their supplier, how centrally located they are to their average expected end shipping location, deals they have with ebay/paypal on negotiated fees, negotiated pricing from the supplier, and even older surplus inventory when items previously were on sale. I can't imagine people hording inventory in this economy, and they would have to have a ton in order to sell like that.

Although I ordered the exhaust elsewhere, you guys gave me a great offer, nonetheless. You were sincere and straightforward.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Former dirt rider
Intermediate

I have a 2007 1200 L that is stock. I love the Rinehart slip-ons but have to consider the Vance and Hines stairght Shot slip ons because the are over $200.00 less. I do not find any intake up-grades for my bike on your site. Am I just not looking in the right place. I also put the Fuel pak F I contoller in my basket and want to know how difficult these parts are to install. I have some mechanical ability on cars; brakes and oil changes and starters and alternators, that kind of thing. thanks for any guidance

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines - Blowout Prices? Don't be fooled!