Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Brand new Products Looking Good was Never so Functional

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 PM
hdtaggs
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Brand new Products Looking Good was Never so Functional

My name is Doug and I am an new sponsor here on the H-D Forum.

I am just learning..or trying to learn my way around the forum. PLEASE POST A RESPONSE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

I have been working 2 years developing, patenting and getting my new products manufactured. They say, "Necessity is the mother of invention." In my case, this has been true. I started my product line for my fatboy which there was no way on God's green earth to keep my passenger from melting her boots on my pipes other than spending 600-800 bucks on a new set of pipes. So... I invented a guard that would do it and this first guard has led me my other designs.
Take a peek.. I hope you like them. If you like bling for your bike, these are laser cut, copper coated, duplex nickled and hexavalent chromed. In other words, they are amoung the best show pieces on the market. If you want to keep rubber off your pipes.. they do that, too and are engineered to fit only H-D motorcycles without any drilling or modification to your existing ride. Please let me know your thoughts, and if you can, place an order and help me get my new business off the ground.
Many thanks,
Doug

Attached Thumbnails Brand new Products  Looking Good was Never so Functional-21-flame-guard-on-softail-rocker.jpg   Brand new Products  Looking Good was Never so Functional-24-flame-guard-on-softail-rocker.jpg  

Last edited by hdtaggs; 04-18-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:49 PM
kickstandkaddy
Collections Hold
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Cool idea Doug...
Good luck on the Forums. I just started myself here on the boards. It seems like a great bunch of folks here.

Eric...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Product! What will the cost be?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
hdtaggs
Former Sponsor
Default Pricing on Rock Hard Boot Guards

The pricing will range between 85-125 per guard, however when I turn up the web site next week, I will have a promo code for a 15% discount for hdforum members.

I have found myself between a rock and a hard place on pricing. Rock Hard Boot Gaurds are currently being made in the US and are show chrome quality. The difference between a good chrome job and show chrome is the following:

Harley has a spec on how much and what kind of nickle to use over steel. They specify two methods of coating steel. The one that is used on most parts is there PL1 spec. This is two coats of nickle over steel then chromed. The chrome makes the nickle shine and seals it.
Nickle shines, but does not level uneven surfaces very well.

The other method is what is used on ""show Chrome" Before the nickle, there are two coats of copper. The copper is used as a leveling agent. It fills all the small flaws and pores of the steel. After the copper has leveled everything, the two coats of nickle add the same shine, but to a much more finished surface. The nickle is then sealed with the chromium layer. A show chrome piece gives a much deeper reflection.

I make a great product. It is the best I have been able to produce here in the US. As you know, manufacturing something in the USA is MUCH more expensive than going overseas. I hope that the cost to manufacture stateside does not make the end cost more than people perceive as the value. My company depends on my customer realizing the fact that this is made in the US and does not compare it with a less expensive product made overseas.

Thanks,

Doug

Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
hdtaggs
Former Sponsor
Default Rock Hard Boot Guard Web site is up with 15% off

Originally Posted by Conehead
Great Product! What will the cost be?
I am posting a discount promo code for hdforum members. At checkout type HDF0409.
Make sure it give you your discount. if it doesn't call me at 303 482-1330. I am still learning about websites and things like that.

Thanks,
Doug