Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

FL Carbon Fiber “Bagger” Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default FL Carbon Fiber “Bagger” Wheels

Why Carbon Fiber wheels?
In a word, Performance! [ul][*]Faster acceleration[*]Reduced braking distance[*]Smoother Ride[*]Four times stronger than billet aluminum.[*]Will not curb crush at 1,200 Lbs[*]TUV & DOT[*]Profesional company producing profesional results for the 22nd centery today. [/ul]The facts speak for themselves. The lighter the rotating mass, the easier the mass can change direction. Start, Stop, Turn or go over bumps. Did you know that at 40 mph your wheels weigh 4 times as much as they did in a static (at rest) state?

If you are into performance, complete your package with Carbon Fiber Wheels. The FL direct replacement wheel is only available through me as I am the originator.
C/F wheels

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/293CE5C6747F4C0AAD85E7808B2E4D78.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Motown Glide
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FL Carbon Fiber “Bagger” Wheels

how much are these!!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

depends on what size wheel. The more carbon fiber the more the cost. Labor is all the same, just the weight changes. Go here Howard, www.motorcyclemetal.com
or call toll free 1-866-899-5962 EST

Old 11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

I am back, call if you like

Old 12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
stricky
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! take my right arm! those are expensive!

Old 12-02-2007, 03:26 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: stricky

Damn! take my right arm! those are expensive!
Yes they are expensive but how much would you spend to get the same HP to get the same performance as the C/F wheels would? Smooth ride and better braking is a plus to also thank about. You really do not know the difference until you experience them. Again, they are not for everyone. I have 2 bikes with them on & I would not consider anything else.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:28 PM
3fingeredWU
Intermediate

OOOOH Yeah!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
slkepple1
Novice

Originally Posted by FastHarley
Yes they are expensive but how much would you spend to get the same HP to get the same performance as the C/F wheels would? Smooth ride and better braking is a plus to also thank about. You really do not know the difference until you experience them. Again, they are not for everyone. I have 2 bikes with them on & I would not consider anything else.
I don't want to be exclusive, just effective. The price has to come down. It doesn't reflect the cost of manufacturing and research. This is just too expensive. Of all that are manufacturing carbon fiber wheels you are the most expensive. I'm not a yuppie, I'm a biker and I want works best for me and my bike. I commute in a large city/metropolitan area, so I want to take advantage of what my machine can do. Regardless of what I experience, you are too expensive. It's a logic thing. I'm not going to blow my money, but I do spend here and there and try to save what isn't stolen in taxes. If it really cost you this much to make these wheels you may want to draw up your case for a bail out as well.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

You can do anything you wish. Apparently you have no idea what is involved in manufacturing them or what technology is utilized, equipment it takes, nor the time it takes to do it. I feel as though I will survive without you buying them, however, thanks for replying to this thread and your concern.

If you can make this quality of wheel for a cheaper price with the high standards and federal testing + TUV certification please sell them to me. I will need to reorder after the first. Please give me the opportunity to be the first.

Read that these performance items are not for everyone, only those who can appreciate better acceleration, quicker stopping, increased smoothness in ride, and quicker transitioning (turning). If you do not think these are the best performance enhancement, do not buy them. That is why they sell a Hyundai Accent and Porsche's, both will get you there. I have C/F on 2 of my bikes and would not have a bike without them. Check with e-Bay as we toss the old heavy wheels and dump them for whatever the traffic will bare.

In closing I am the only person who has carbon fiber wheels specifically designed and made for a bike that weighs in at 860 lbs + 300 lb rider and his 200 lb passenger with a 150 lb load (there are such riders). The only one. Are they worth the upgrade? I think so, that is why I buy them.

Last edited by FastHarley; 12-11-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
slkepple1
Novice

In closing I am the only person who has carbon fiber wheels specifically designed and made for a bike that weighs in at 860 lbs + 300 lb rider and his 200 lb passenger with a 150 lb load (there are such riders). The only one. Are they worth the upgrade? I think so, that is why I buy them.

Fast Harley, this is exactly why I said I think the price is high. It is simular to the attitude of "cars don't go without gas, we'll charge whatever the hell we want to" My point is strong, but not intended to offend. Rather I am looking at the fact that you have a great product and potential market. Why try to make a few dollars on a few sales when you can make a few thaousand dimes on a few thousand sales. (I understand there will be a manufacturing cost involved with handling that kind of volume, but there is also back order, or someone else is going to take your place in the market by producing it and selling it cheaper)

I have been looking around, and I do have respect for what you are doing with bikes. I love the fact that you are updating and incorperating modern technology into the front end suspension (gutting and rehab-ing the front forks). I appreciate your research and knowledge about the physics of wheels in motion and the effect of reducing the weight. I will remain the consumer, my area of bussiness does not lend itself to fabrication of motorcycles. And I am one willing to try to reach the limitations of what you designed these wheels for. I'm 5'6" 140Lb soaking wet in riding leathers (don't ask how I know) but I ride everywhere and I take alot with me. laptops, framing levels, 6 gallons of paint, you name it. I'm not the only one. But if the produst is priced so far out of my range and otehrs that would consider it, you have lost significant market potential. I give it to you for putting this product out there and would love to see you retire fat and happy, doing what your love when you want to.

I'm the only one who makes love the way I do, but I aint charging that much for it. I get to play more often because of it.

Quick Reply: FL Carbon Fiber “Bagger” Wheels