Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Benchmark
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet riders

Benchmark Helmets is now distributing Stereo Bluetooth solutions - http://www.benchmarkhelmets.com/prod...h-headsets_17/

Camos 500 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Connect to up to 2 devices at once (phone, gps, radio, etc)

Camos 500H Bluetooth Stereo Headset - the same as camos 500 with the half helmet adapter, can be used by non-helmet riders

Camos 600 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Connect to up to 3 devices at once, can be paired with another Camos 600 for helmet to hemlet full duplex intercom

Camos 600H Bluetooth Stereo Headset - the same as camos 600 with the half helmet adapter, can be used by non-helmet riders

500H and 600H

Bluetooth Stereo Dongle - attach to anything with a 3.5mm port and transmit stereo sound to your bluetooth headset - http://www.benchmarkhelmets.com/prod...d1000v_40.html

we do not sell direct, if you do not have a local dealer, the scootershop has an online store where you can purchase all the products
http://www.scootershop.com/catalog/index.php

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A "I DON'T LISTEN TO MUSIC" THREAD, THIS IS INFORMATION FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED

Feel free to ask any product questions you may have via email info@benchmarkhelmets, 800.622.0221, or post here.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:57 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet riders

Looks like a good solution for those interested.

Where does the bluetooth module mount for beenie style helmets, or for those who ride without a helmet?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet riders

A couple of questions for you:

What is the Battery life like while listening to music. I see the one channel rating of 13 hours....but I have seen several solutions but once you startlistening to music (say through your zumo) the battery dies rather quickly.Since we often ride6 - 9 hours a daywhen we travel battery life is very important.

Are you developing a bluetooth to bluetooth solution? While I would love to hear my Zumo, I also have some communication challenges with the Hubby (bike to bike). Since we stay close together for the most part we do not necessarily need a full CB setup.

Forgot to mention that the wiRevo Stereo bluetooth adapter is great. I was looking for someting to hook to my ipod but nothing so simple was available. Is there a regular power adapter? USB is great until you are on the road without anything that has USB.

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Benchmark
Former Sponsor
Default RE: bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet ri

ORIGINAL: JBBOOKS

Looks like a good solution for those interested.

Where does the bluetooth module mount for beenie style helmets, or for those who ride without a helmet?
The module can mount to the half helmet between the shell and the liner via the clip attachment, or you can use the double stick tape mount to mount it to the side of the helmet or onto the unit itself. You could even clip it to your jacket or vest.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Benchmark
Former Sponsor
Default RE: bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet ri

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

A couple of questions for you:

What is the Battery life like while listening to music. I see the one channel rating of 13 hours....but I have seen several solutions but once you startlistening to music (say through your zumo) the battery dies rather quickly.Since we often ride6 - 9 hours a daywhen we travel battery life is very important.

Are you developing a bluetooth to bluetooth solution? While I would love to hear my Zumo, I also have some communication challenges with the Hubby (bike to bike). Since we stay close together for the most part we do not necessarily need a full CB setup.

Forgot to mention that the wiRevo Stereo bluetooth adapter is great. I was looking for someting to hook to my ipod but nothing so simple was available. Is there a regular power adapter? USB is great until you are on the road without anything that has USB.

Thanks!
The battery life on the Camos units is outstanding, this is feedback we have received from users and in testing ourselves. We also distribute for Cardo and Blueant (mono bluetooth helmet adapters) and battery life was one of the drawbacks. One of the benefits of bluetooth 2.0 is higher bandwidth transmission and lower power consumption which basically means more data transfering at higher speeds (equals outstanding sound quality) and longer battery life.

With the Camos 600, you can do bluetooth to bluetooth intercom if that is what you are looking for. We have seen up to 200ft of intercom range in the testing we conducted. Definitely not the untimate bike to bike solution, but good for two that ride fairly close. Ultimately, we will be distributing a bluetooth radio which will allow you to connect 1 to many and a long range and they will be completely compatible with the Camos units.

Regarding the WiRevo, it is powered through a mini-usb and can even operate while plugged in. So if you have a mini-usb cigarette adapter, you can power it off your bike. You can easily find a wall plug in adapter as well, since a lot of cell phones power off mini-usb, so if you have a razor of windows mobile phone, you may already have the adapters.

We have a zumo 550 and along with the WiRevo, you can have access to all your phone controls (answer calls, ignore, caller id, phonebook) via the Zumo and receive stereo sound through the headset by loading up the memory card on the Zumo with music and control the music from the Zumo as well.

One more note, if you have a phone that transmits bluetooth 2.0 (generally the bluetooth phones that have a memory card slot but not always) you can play music from your cell to the camos in full stereo without having to buy a bluetooth adapter.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Benchmark
Former Sponsor

moderator, this is more of a press release than classified ad, we do not even sell direct to public anymore. can you put it back in the main fourm so that people actually looking for a product like this know that it is now available?

thank you

Old 10-04-2007, 10:41 AM
ftlee20723
Cruiser

Benchmark,

Sierra Electronics is one of your retailers. They do not know anything about the 600H. Also your website doesn't have any information concerning the 600H. When will this be able for purchase. If I buy 2 of the 600 model today, can I buy just the half-helmet headset?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM
elcid1989
Road Captain

Only issue I see is that we have enough of a problem with the cagers on cell phones. Do we really want to have our fellow bikers on them too? Are there not enough things to pay attention to on the top of 800 lbs of chrome and rubber? (Not the least of which is to say out of the way of the deadlest creature known to man, "The Soccer Mom in a SUV")

Old 10-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Benchmark
Former Sponsor

ftlee20723,

Sierra Electronics is there own entity, we are a distributor, however if you want the kit with the half helmet headset Scooter Shop currently sells it... Once we have a Harley Dealer set-up who sells online I will let you know. Talk to Mic, he is the owner there, he rides Harleys himself and is a really knowledgeable guy, however if he has any problems on explaining the functionality of the products, let us know.

http://www.scootershop.com/catalog/i...?cPath=103_656

Thanks for your support.

Benchmark Helmets

Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
dynamac
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Can this pickup XM radio thru a Garmin 550 ? The blueant interphone does not.

Quick Reply: bluetooth 2.0: wireless phone, stereo music, gps, and intercom for all helmets and non helmet riders