Old 02-20-2022, 09:20 AM
Samsquamch
Advanced
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Rather than calming down, Im getting even more steamed

HD lists the kit

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...kit/p/25284-11

Description
This kit updates the cam chain tensioner of your Twin Cam 88® engine to the latest design, as featured on the Twin Cam 96™ engine. The billet cam support plate has been designed to allow the installation of the Twin Cam 96™ hydraulic cam chain tensioner to Twin Cam 88®-equipped models.
• Significantly outlast the spring loaded tensioners, and are an ideal addition to an engine modified for improved performance
• 02-'06 models utilize a Twin Cam 96™ single row front roller chain and sprocket (included in kit)
• 99-'01 models use Original Equipment front silent chain and sprocket to retain the cam position sensor function
• The kit includes an improved Screamin' Eagle® High-Flow Oil Pump that provides increased oil pressure at high-operating temperatures
• This kit increases the oil supply by 23% and scavenging by 50% when compared to the '99-'05 Original Equipment oil pump, and reduces operating temperature of bearings to improve bearing life

How the ever-living buddha does someone miss this?
• 99-'01 models use Original Equipment front silent chain and sprocket to retain the cam position sensor function

Old 02-20-2022, 09:36 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,313 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Just Face it, you paid some dumbshits to work on your bike ... no offsense

The following 2 users liked this post by multihdrdr:
Max Headflow (02-20-2022), Samsquamch (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 09:44 AM
Samsquamch
Advanced

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

You are absolutely right. I did. No offense taken. They will only get the one crack at my wallet. "Stepping over dollars to pick up dimes" as the old man used to say.

Old 02-20-2022, 09:59 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,298 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Too bad it wasn't converted to S&S gear drives,I made the switch in my old 2000 Electra and ran the GDs for 100,000 trouble free miles.
Sold the bike a couple years ago and got a surprise call from the new owner this past Sept. after he got back from a trip to Sturgis,bike had 200,000 miles when I sold it.
I ran stock chain drive cams and went through two sets of adjuster shoes in the first 100,000 miles before making the switch when my extended warranty was up.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:31 AM
robarosa
Road Master
Received 561 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Well, he had been a "HD Service Manager for 20 years" ... the bike is 22 years old. The guy was 2 years short on experience. ...

The following users liked this post:
djl (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 11:29 AM
Samsquamch
Advanced

Originally Posted by robarosa
Well, he had been a "HD Service Manager for 20 years" ... the bike is 22 years old. The guy was 2 years short on experience. ...

More like ten or twenty. Anything more advanced than mechanical points is black magic and the domain of evil doers.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:35 AM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,688 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by Samsquamch
Rather than calming down, Im getting even more steamed

HD lists the kit

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...kit/p/25284-11

Description
This kit updates the cam chain tensioner of your Twin Cam 88® engine to the latest design, as featured on the Twin Cam 96™ engine. The billet cam support plate has been designed to allow the installation of the Twin Cam 96™ hydraulic cam chain tensioner to Twin Cam 88®-equipped models.
• Significantly outlast the spring loaded tensioners, and are an ideal addition to an engine modified for improved performance
• 02-'06 models utilize a Twin Cam 96™ single row front roller chain and sprocket (included in kit)
• The kit includes an improved Screamin' Eagle® High-Flow Oil Pump that provides increased oil pressure at high-operating temperatures
• This kit increases the oil supply by 23% and scavenging by 50% when compared to the '99-'05 Original Equipment oil pump, and reduces operating temperature of bearings to improve bearing life

How the ever-living buddha does someone miss this?
Can you take this to them and argue they did it wrong in the hopes they will correct it? Try diplomacy first. Then if thatdoesn't work threaten a lawsuit. I think this makes it obvious they screwed up.

Samsquamch (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 12:08 PM
Samsquamch
Advanced

Originally Posted by brakeless
Can you take this to them and argue they did it wrong in the hopes they will correct it? Try diplomacy first. Then if thatdoesn't work threaten a lawsuit. I think this makes it obvious they screwed up.
Thats a thought for sure. TBH I dont trust 'em to get it right a second time. Now that its confirmed that it is a **** up, Im considering how to proceed. Most likely Im just going to do it myself. The bike is already apart. and if some ham-fisted ape is going to screw it up, I'd rather be the ape. I am going to let them know what I think about it. No shouting. Just telling.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:18 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 558 Posts

If you don't trust them to do the work , go after them to supply you the parts you need to fix their screw up

Dave

98hotrodfatboy (02-21-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:22 PM
d_slat
Road Warrior
Received 637 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dave
If you don't trust them to do the work , go after them to supply you the parts you need to fix their screw up

Dave
Exactly this. Go to your indi with a cool head and show him what you are showing us. Ask him if he has your old parts. When he says no, tell him that even though you already have it apart and won't be bringing it back to make it right, you don't feel you should have to pay for a second set of parts to do so.

Quick Reply: I am not amused