Twin Cam Motors Twin Cam 1998 thru 2017

SE Pro Street Tuner Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 02:59 PM
ChicoFatBob
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default SE Pro Street Tuner Question

I had my bike at the dealer for a 5,000 service last week. The mechanic suggested I add a SEPST. Its a basically stock 110 se motor. All I've changed is to add a Bassani 2 into 1, and a Man O War compensator. So, my question is, is it worth the $300 to add the tuner ? Is it really going to change anything ?

Old 09-27-2021, 03:54 PM
luckiestiff
Road Master
Received 680 Likes on 315 Posts

I'd spend the money on a tuner you can actually use. Check out the Dyno Jet from @fuelmoto

Old 09-27-2021, 04:04 PM
ChicoFatBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
I'd spend the money on a tuner you can actually use. Check out the Dyno Jet from @fuelmoto
That's what I figured. If I go for a tuner that has to be shipped elsewhere before its routed to Cali, why is the Dyno Jet a better choice than the TTS Master tuner?

Old 09-27-2021, 05:10 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,227 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicoFatBob
That's what I figured. If I go for a tuner that has to be shipped elsewhere before its routed to Cali, why is the Dyno Jet a better choice than the TTS Master tuner?
The DJ Power Vision is not any "better" than the TTS Mastertune; both are excellent. The choice will likely be dependent on which tuner your tuner is experienced with. The Power Vision allows a tuner to buy "licenses" to sell to customers so the customer doesn't have to purchase the hardware/software; just pay for the license and tune. TTS Mastertune does not offer this option. Both have "auto tune" features allowing the user to DIY tune. So cost and tuner preference will determine which to purchase.

The following users liked this post:
ChicoFatBob (09-29-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 05:21 PM
ChicoFatBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djl
The DJ Power Vision is not any "better" than the TTS Mastertune; both are excellent. The choice will likely be dependent on which tuner your tuner is experienced with. The Power Vision allows a tuner to buy "licenses" to sell to customers so the customer doesn't have to purchase the hardware/software; just pay for the license and tune. TTS Mastertune does not offer this option. Both have "auto tune" features allowing the user to DIY tune. So cost and tuner preference will determine which to purchase.
Thanks for the info. I learn something new every day.

Old 09-28-2021, 06:44 AM
luckiestiff
Road Master
Received 680 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicoFatBob
Both are excellent systems, the DJ may be a little more user friendly than the TTS. I've used the TTS because my tuner prefers it. Haven't used the DJ but I've heard nothing but positive about them. I'm actually thinking about going to DJ on my new bike.

Last edited by luckiestiff; 09-28-2021 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:09 AM
ChicoFatBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
Both are excellent systems, the DJ may be a little more user friendly than the TTS. I've used the TTS because my tuner prefers it. Haven't used the DJ but I've heard nothing but positive about them. I'm actually thinking about going to DJ on my new bike.
My tuner said the same. He prefers the TTS. That's what I ended up going with.