Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Stock Pipes Suck Sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 08:21 PM
rglay
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stock Pipes Suck Sucks!!

So I had a set of stock pipes from my old RK sitting around the garage. I saw the tread on Stock Pipes Suck and figured that since most businesses that are mentioned in this forum are legit I'll send them in.
Wrong!
The pipes I sent in were removed from my RK shortly after I got the bike, as good as new. I packaged them in the same box that my slip-ons came in, taking pictures "just in case" and mailed them in.
After about 4 weeks of hearing nothing, I sent a note to Stock Pipes Suck inquiring. They replied on 8/11 that they had received my pipes on 7-14 (almost a month later??), "however, due to small dings on the pipes, they do not meet the criteria for payment". If I want them returned they will ship them back to me for $24.95, the same amount I paid to have the pipes shipped to them. They added that "if we do not hear from you we will discard the pipes".
Sure they will! I call BS.
"Perhaps the dings happened in transit" was their response and they included a picture of the ding on a set of pipes in their email.
Again, I call BS! I would believe that those were my pipes in the picture IF that was the only set of pipes in their shop. Since they are in that "business", I would bet that they had more than just one set available to snap a pic of.
Save yourself some time and money; take your old pipes to a local pawn shop.
Stock Pipes Suck sucks!

Old 08-13-2014, 03:28 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's disgraceful ,

Shame you don't know someone who's close by who could go round and sort it out for you,