Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Hogtunes on your trike - don't do it

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014 | 11:29 AM
ToplessNYr
|
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes on your trike - don't do it

I would most differently not spend it on Hogtunes. Their product is not reliable, and the service being given by the Hogtunes organization is terrible. At first they sound supportive but once you recieve their product and the time passes and you begin to encounter "so-called" unexpected problems with speakers going out suddenly, amps not working to their full potential or their wires breaking apart because they were poorly constructed and not soldered properly. They blow you off. They might even offer technical assistance and send you something to fix it but it will all be on your dime and your time. - I scraped all my Hogtunes and donated it to goodwill cause I was feed up with all their buracracy and mumble jumble. They don't stand by their product and if your not careful you too will fall into their scam. They have custonmer service service reps that make deals and then they forward the order to their managers, and then you recieve it and are surprised that it wasn;t what you expected. (Kinda when you go to buy a car, LOL - One person talks to you but others make the decision and sell you a differnet deal) I went with Pioneer all my installations after experiening first hand how bad Hogtunes is. I'm sure that many out there are please with them but, believe me when I say you don't want to encounter the problems my club and I have had with varies components of Hogtune products... Trust me Buy anything else but Hogtunes. Don't believe the hipe......

Old 06-24-2014 | 06:57 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ToplessNYr
I would most differently not spend it on Hogtunes. Their product is not reliable, and the service being given by the Hogtunes organization is terrible. At first they sound supportive but once you recieve their product and the time passes and you begin to encounter "so-called" unexpected problems with speakers going out suddenly, amps not working to their full potential or their wires breaking apart because they were poorly constructed and not soldered properly. They blow you off. They might even offer technical assistance and send you something to fix it but it will all be on your dime and your time. - I scraped all my Hogtunes and donated it to goodwill cause I was feed up with all their buracracy and mumble jumble. They don't stand by their product and if your not careful you too will fall into their scam. They have custonmer service service reps that make deals and then they forward the order to their managers, and then you recieve it and are surprised that it wasn;t what you expected. (Kinda when you go to buy a car, LOL - One person talks to you but others make the decision and sell you a differnet deal) I went with Pioneer all my installations after experiening first hand how bad Hogtunes is. I'm sure that many out there are please with them but, believe me when I say you don't want to encounter the problems my club and I have had with varies components of Hogtune products... Trust me Buy anything else but Hogtunes. Don't believe the hipe......
You should venture over out of the "trike" world every once in a while and poke into the audio forum where you'll find a plethora of information about what you should know and shouldn't do before you buy anything regardless of manufacturer.

As for the customer service, one thing I can tell you for fact with HT is that PEZ will in most cases, go out of his way to make sure you are taken care of. Of course that all goes along with what you're willing to do to help them help you. So if you have an issue, I suggest you pick of the phone, call and demand to speak to PEZ himself and not deal with the "used car sales people".

Old 06-24-2014 | 04:35 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
You should venture over out of the "trike" world every once in a while and poke into the audio forum where you'll find a plethora of information about what you should know and shouldn't do before you buy anything regardless of manufacturer.

As for the customer service, one thing I can tell you for fact with HT is that PEZ will in most cases, go out of his way to make sure you are taken care of. Of course that all goes along with what you're willing to do to help them help you. So if you have an issue, I suggest you pick of the phone, call and demand to speak to PEZ himself and not deal with the "used car sales people".

Was wondering when you would chime in UN

Rax

Old 06-24-2014 | 04:38 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Raxus
Was wondering when you would chime in UN

Rax
you know I'm late to a lot of parties but I DO always show up. LOL

Old 06-25-2014 | 10:03 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army
Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I've installed Hogtunes in two bikes and have had nothing but excellent service from them. Blew out one speaker and one amp. Both were replaced at no cost to me or having to send them back. They shipped the replacements out promptly and talked me through a wiring problem I had. I would not hesitate to deal with them again.

Old 07-03-2014 | 11:28 PM
BornTexan
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
I've installed Hogtunes in two bikes and have had nothing but excellent service from them. Blew out one speaker and one amp. Both were replaced at no cost to me or having to send them back. They shipped the replacements out promptly and talked me through a wiring problem I had. I would not hesitate to deal with them again.
I've had HT's on my last two Ultras, NO problems. Now have a set and an amp on my Tri-Glide. Totally satisfied.

I did have an issue a few years ago installing and amp and Pez was front and center.

8~\o

Old 07-05-2014 | 11:22 PM
jlgale
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have HT's and love them. So do several other people I ride with!