Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

lift kit advice please

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
greenenvey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit advice please

hi im getting a new triglide and i will have the dealer put a lift kit on it for me, my question is are all the lift kits basically the same ? i read a thread today that someone lloved the comfort ride kit they put on and the dealer had a diffrent brand do they all perform the same or is one better than another as far as ride quality goes ?? thanks

Old 06-16-2014, 08:44 PM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,092 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Originally Posted by greenenvey
hi im getting a new triglide and i will have the dealer put a lift kit on it for me, my question is are all the lift kits basically the same ? i read a thread today that someone lloved the comfort ride kit they put on and the dealer had a diffrent brand do they all perform the same or is one better than another as far as ride quality goes ?? thanks
The three kits used here by most on this forum are all quality kits. Two kits are the same, in they do the same thing. The comfort kit changes the leverage of the arm to the shock. This is done to give a softer ride.
If you are a very aggressive rider the standard lift is recommended for the extra support. Less aggressive, then the comfort lift might be in order.
All the lifts give the same distance of lift to the rear of the trike. Also a must for the exhaust clearance. When you put the lift on you can also lower the shock air pressure & this helps with the ride also.
Hope this helps ya.
Welcome to the forum !
Rise Safe

Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
The three kits used here by most on this forum are all quality kits. Rise Safe
Uhhhh, there are a bunch of us that ride pretty near stock trikes.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:06 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The three kits used here by most on this forum are all quality kits. Two kits are the same, in they do the same thing. The comfort kit changes the leverage of the arm to the shock. This is done to give a softer ride.
If you are a very aggressive rider the standard lift is recommended for the extra support. Less aggressive, then the comfort lift might be in order.
All the lifts give the same distance of lift to the rear of the trike. Also a must for the exhaust clearance. When you put the lift on you can also lower the shock air pressure & this helps with the ride also.
Hope this helps ya.
Welcome to the forum !
Rise Safe
What he said.

My advice is get one! (I have the comfort lift from DK products)

Old 06-16-2014, 11:30 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,230 Likes on 2,463 Posts

Originally Posted by greenenvey
Congrats on your New Ride!

Here is a link to the Standard Lift and the Comfort Lift. I personally use the Comfort Lift.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Tri-...t-Kits_c56.htm

If you would like us to work with your dealer, or let you know of a dealer in your area, just contact us at the email or number below.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-17-2014, 12:01 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Hope this helps ya.
Welcome to the forum !
Rise Safe
I've ridden both lifts, IMO toss a coin they ride pretty much identical once you get your tire and shock pressures dialed in. Handling is pretty close to about the same also.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:29 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
Uhhhh, there are a bunch of us that ride pretty near stock trikes.
Now you mean to say that you have not changed one thing and your trike is just the way mother Harley made it , and I have the standard lift and love it , sorry I see you said pretty near LOL

Old 06-17-2014, 07:56 PM
greenenvey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone, I ordered the comfort lift today.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:21 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I've ridden both lifts, IMO toss a coin they ride pretty much identical once you get your tire and shock pressures dialed in. Handling is pretty close to about the same also.
M3, I wasn't sure anybody else running standard lifts was curious enough to try the comfort lift. I see you and I have gotten the same results too. Coin toss works pretty good

Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBobs
M3, I wasn't sure anybody else running standard lifts was curious enough to try the comfort lift. I see you and I have gotten the same results too. Coin toss works pretty good
I do experiment from time to time, heck I've had 3 different sets of clutch plates in my 06 Ultra trying them out. I told my dad he won't have to worry about clutch plates for his trike for awhile since I have plenty of spares laying around.

Quick Reply: lift kit advice please