Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

enclosed trailer for a trike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014 | 04:12 PM
jlgale
Tourer

Our trailer

Attached Thumbnails enclosed trailer for a trike?-image.jpg  
Old 05-16-2014 | 04:14 PM
jlgale
Tourer

Opps that is the TG. Let me try again/

Attached Thumbnails enclosed trailer for a trike?-image.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014 | 06:57 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

I did hear of a guy getting two tri Glides in a 14' overlaping the front ends. I did not see it and not sure how you would get around to tie them down. With a bike and a trike I am glad for the 16' and the 3' V. Allows some room inside to move around and tie things down. You will need 18'3" min. My R&R came out to 19'3 inside. and I got the 7'6" wide model witch made the V 3'3". Good luck in your search.

Old 05-17-2014 | 12:05 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
well she pulled the trigger tonight on the trike deal traded her '12 cvo SG with 27,000miles on a '14 triglide, she loves the idea of all the extra storage but little apprehensive about wether she will miss the two wheels carving the curves. Guess now the hunt is really on for a different trailer was hoping i could get away with a 14 footer but looks like I will definetly have to go to a 16 footer. Thanks for all the advice and the pictures too. Sure would have thought it would have fit easily in a 6 foot wide trailer till we got this beast in the garage, it is kinda wide.
I think once she gets used to it she won't miss the carving curves, its a different feeling yet still a whole lot of fun. You however may wish she had not made the move when she leaves you in her dust through the curves.

Old 05-18-2014 | 06:05 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Dag gone Jlgale, that is one sweet rig!

Old 05-18-2014 | 09:47 AM
bandjw01
Novice

Maybe back the Tri glide in and try to stay to one side. Then pull the nose of the 2 wheel toward the other side, up past the nose of the tri glide. This should save on length? or put the 2 wheel in first and pull the nose of the trike up along side a little. If you do some trial and error, you might be able to get them in the 10 foot? Maybe not but I'd try before I bought another trailer. Also A single axle is usually 3500 pounds. I doubt both bikes and the trailer weight would be more so why pay extra for a tandem?
Just trying to give you some ideas. Ride Safe! Bob

Old 05-18-2014 | 11:15 PM
jlgale
Tourer

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
Dag gone Jlgale, that is one sweet rig!
Thank you! Can't wait to the other half retires so that we can really enjoy both!!

Old 05-19-2014 | 10:25 PM
wannabe
|
Cruiser

Jlgale, Wow!! that is a sweet setup.

Bandjw01, if my 10' was enclosed I might try it but we were looking to upgrade to an enclosed anyway, glad I didn't before she decided to make a switch from 2 wheels to 3.

msocko3, she is loving the trike, the only problem is, why does everybody think you have to be 70 before you can ride one? She's 45 years young and most people are giving her grief for going to a trike. We have never cared what brand of bike you are on as long as you are out in the wind that's what it's all about, but boy everybody sure seems opinionated on riding a trike. We just don't get it.

Flintshooter54, That's a real nice trailer you have their, if I didn't already have a motorhome I would consider a setup like that.

Thanks for all the help got to love this place.

Old 05-20-2014 | 05:51 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
Jlgale, Wow!! that is a sweet setup.

Bandjw01, if my 10' was enclosed I might try it but we were looking to upgrade to an enclosed anyway, glad I didn't before she decided to make a switch from 2 wheels to 3.

msocko3, she is loving the trike, the only problem is, why does everybody think you have to be 70 before you can ride one? She's 45 years young and most people are giving her grief for going to a trike. We have never cared what brand of bike you are on as long as you are out in the wind that's what it's all about, but boy everybody sure seems opinionated on riding a trike. We just don't get it.

Flintshooter54, That's a real nice trailer you have their, if I didn't already have a motorhome I would consider a setup like that.

Thanks for all the help got to love this place.
*** what the haters have to say, they wouldn't understand unless they road a trike. I started riding a trike when I was 45, didn't know how well I would like it, now I wouldn't be caught without one. I found it's nicer to travel long distances on a trike, especially when your fighting wind. I had the 2010 Triglide I used to have out to SD twice, when 2 wheels are leaning and fighting cross winds I was kicked back with one hand on the bars. I also found running the twisties is a blast on a trike, you can be through them a lot quicker than the majority of the folks on 2 wheels.

Old 05-20-2014 | 06:15 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by msocko3
*** what the haters have to say, they wouldn't understand unless they road a trike. I started riding a trike when I was 45, didn't know how well I would like it, now I wouldn't be caught without one. I found it's nicer to travel long distances on a trike, especially when your fighting wind. I had the 2010 Triglide I used to have out to SD twice, when 2 wheels are leaning and fighting cross winds I was kicked back with one hand on the bars. I also found running the twisties is a blast on a trike, you can be through them a lot quicker than the majority of the folks on 2 wheels.
He learned from me. I let him ride mine.

Quick Reply: enclosed trailer for a trike?