Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

To Trike or not to Trike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM
JustaHawg
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRs13TRIGLD
hey screwball i like your style, i too am a cancer sruvivor, they can tell us all they want about excercise and all that but it is what it is.. just get out and do it.. if we read the good book tomorrow is promised to no one.
at our age grab all you can with your partner. decisions are easier if we look at the big picture. get out there and be safe . JR
Same here back in 05. Sitting on my bike every day when going through chemo and radiation kept me positive.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:55 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swiitched from an 07 FLH in 2010 and after a very short adjustment period I fell in love with it! Only once did I forget & put my foot down to keep it upright at a stop light....
My wife liked riding on the FLH, but once she sat on her new "throne" she refused to go back to riding on anything on two wheels!
We have no regrets in switching to a Tri Glide at all. One of our favorite rides was from Richmond, Va to Kansas City KS, then down to Branson, MO & return to Richmond, VA. (2500 miles) The first day we spent 14 hours in the saddle, during a heat wave, and drank a gallon of iced tea when we stopped.
We look forward to many more trips like that one this summer.

Now with all that said, GO OUT & GET YOU ONE OF THESE FINE MACHINES!

Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Curious, any of those who had to get a Trike cross-shop the Can-Am?

Originally Posted by msocko3
Originally Posted by JustaHawg
Healthy body weight but need to improve on the stretching exercises. Doesn't putting my feet up on the highway pegs count?
I'm all for getting back on the road no matter what like the survivors above me.

Stretching & core has done wonders for my back. 20-30 minutes every night along with core/abs every other night.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce

I'm all for getting back on the road no matter what like the survivors above me.

Stretching & core has done wonders for my back. 20-30 minutes every night along with core/abs every other night.
Yeah, I looked at the CanAm. The H-D dealer in Augusta sells both the Spyder and the TriGlide. The CanAm is nice, has a great engine and handles like it's on rails---I just couldn't get past that snowmobile look. For what it's worth though, I have a few friends who have them and love them.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:57 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to +1 to what just about everyone has posted here... I'm 61 and the wife is 60. A few months ago, she told me that she was just not comfortable on her Deluxe anymore, and nervous about two up on my Heritage. Add in a close call with a moron that decided to do a U-turn in front of us (didn't lay it down, but damn close to disaster) and we decided to test-drive an 014 TriGlide. Have not looked back. I got a few comments about tricycle or training wheels, but the cool factor and comfort of the ride have made it all worth it.

Just do it... you won't regret it (we don't)

Old 05-14-2014, 04:08 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce

I ride a trike because I like the change, its just so much more comfortable on long trips vs 2 wheels. I don't have any physical limitations and spend 4 - 5 days per week in the gym lifting and working on my core. I also have quite an extensive home gym setup for when I don't feel like going to the gym.

I can't take the Can-Am seriously, being from snow country it just reminds me to much of a snowmobile.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:13 PM
RideCSC
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm only in my 30's but get to ride trikes all the time. I don't get why it's a retiree thing...

- nothing beats the comfort
- they're still fun
- improved safety
- storage for long trips
- did I mention comfort?

Old 05-14-2014, 04:41 PM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its transition time...for years me and my buddies all rode fxr's.. i slowly stopped as it was too much of a pain to carry gear/lunch etc...years past and no riding..then i did the big change to a touring bike .. sure my Friends joke and call me gramps.. but i luv the fact i am back out on the road...and when the day comes...i wont hesitate to buy a trike to stay on the road .... So go ahead and take the plunge..