Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

The Tri or Nothing choice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 AM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,091 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Originally Posted by Highlux
I suggest you recover your ***** from your wifes purse. Take them immediately to the Harley Dealer. Purchase a brand new Street Glide. Ride it to the grocery store. Go in and buy a big juicy steak. Ride the bike home. Rev it up loudly as you pull up. Take the steak out...walk in...toss the steak on the counter. Say "cook me some steak woman"

Go into the den and sit in your chair. Don't say a word about the bike. She will either cook the steak....or come at you with a knife.
And you are going to sleep in the same bedroom ? I mean actually shut both eyes? Ever been super glued ?????

Old 02-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Highlux
I suggest you recover your ***** from your wifes purse. Take them immediately to the Harley Dealer. Purchase a brand new Street Glide. Ride it to the grocery store. Go in and buy a big juicy steak. Ride the bike home. Rev it up loudly as you pull up. Take the steak out...walk in...toss the steak on the counter. Say "cook me some steak woman"

Go into the den and sit in your chair. Don't say a word about the bike. She will either cook the steak....or come at you with a knife.

The Tri or Nothing choice...-m8y-oydcjbsrlyoamfgbag.jpg

Rax

Old 02-24-2014, 08:11 PM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go for it...I am 58 and never regretted getting my trike

Old 03-03-2014, 10:34 PM
superman70
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey folks me and the wife both have bikes. I have :2 she has 1 and trike. Now I'm 44 and pretty muscled up. Still ride the trike with her sometimes. Challenge your man hood and your nerves and ride on back. I get lots of looks.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Brentwood Bob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by max_lovin_CVO
Here's the scenario...

I used to ride before I met my wife.
We've been together for 20 years.
Her first husband was killed while riding.
I've been wanting to get back on the saddle the last two years...just turned 50... and Harley's are looking pretty sweet these days.
A while back she agreed to go to one of the Harley dealers...That was a victory...
She was patient and let me look, but the only one she said OK to was the Tri Glide. I'm like what...That's not cool enough for me! (Please don't flame) I was't buying that day anyways...but there as a glimmer of hope.

That was then, not sure where her head is now.

I'm more warm to the Tri now, but what do you guys think?
I know this is the Tri section/thread and will get positive Tri votes, but as a first Harley What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Bill
A simple answer. "GO FOR IT"!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate

our 2013 Tri turns 1 yr old in the middle of april. tore my knee in half a couple yrs back plus my wife went down riding passenger yrs ago at Daytona. a friend of ours said just look at the trike, the wife fell in love with it and the dealer had to do battle with her. just waiting for the snow to melt here in Montana and off we go again. the trike is the best toy we have!!

Old 03-08-2014, 12:30 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default no bad habits to break

At least you won't have any bad habits to break, the trikes are fun to ride, will out corner most two wheeled bikes, and are much safer. Sand, gravel, and dirt roads are no problem for a Triglide. I have had two trikes and have loved both of them. I am crying now as I have mine up for sale but the health is bad.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:11 PM
jtrissel
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only question to answer is, "Is it right for you"? I gave up caring what others thought a long time ago. No matter WHAT you ride, there will be those that like it, and those that don't.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Dalenut3
Cruiser

Max, like others have said, just go and try one at demo-days and/or rent one some weekend or during the week while on vacation (usually better rates on weekdays) I can almost guarantee your wife will love the ride and the security back there behind you. Mine sure does! Any dealer you find that rents bikes and trikes would be more than happy to find one to fit your needs.My wife has fallen asleep on back because of the comfort. Yes it is a different animal all together, but odds are you will love it. Best of luck with your decision.