Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

My winter mods so far...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:09 AM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwinCooled

I need a lift kit. Will be ordering one soon and careful until I get it installed. The mufflers require it. I believe I will go with the Comfort Lift from DK Customs.

Lift Kit ordered.
Awesome. I have the dkcustom original lift kit. I absolutely love it. Dkcustoms does some really quality work.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:17 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Default Rear Fender Reflectors

I added reflectors to the rear fenders. These reflectors come on the 2014 International models but not the USA TG's.
This now gives me three reflectors on the rear of my Tri-Glide, just stick them on (no drilling). These reflectors are in the 2014 TG parts catalog, page 94-95, part #67900076, just call your dealer.
Butch

Attached Thumbnails My winter mods so far...-p1000296-800x533-.jpg   My winter mods so far...-p1000297-800x533-.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a phone call to my selling dealer today. They agreed to install the DK Customs Comfort Lift for one hour of labor. Since I got notice today that it's on it's way, I should be able to get it in Wednesday or Thursday for install. They will do it while I wait. That should keep me to just the one scrape to the bottom of the left muffler.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:13 AM
daurwid
Tourer

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
I added reflectors to the rear fenders. These reflectors come on the 2014 International models but not the USA TG's.
This now gives me three reflectors on the rear of my Tri-Glide, just stick them on (no drilling). These reflectors are in the 2014 TG parts catalog, page 94-95, part #67900076, just call your dealer.
Butch
Thanks for this butch. I believe I may follow you as well and get the ones that are on the sides of the fender wells too.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:14 AM
daurwid
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
I made a phone call to my selling dealer today. They agreed to install the DK Customs Comfort Lift for one hour of labor. Since I got notice today that it's on it's way, I should be able to get it in Wednesday or Thursday for install. They will do it while I wait. That should keep me to just the one scrape to the bottom of the left muffler.
I think you'll be a happy man with the kit.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:04 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by daurwid
Thanks for this butch. I believe I may follow you as well and get the ones that are on the sides of the fender wells too.
What I used in place of the factory rear fender side reflectors is a set of LED #3300774 red reflectors out of the 2013 J&PCYCLES catalog page 322. The reflectors are 3.5"x 1.25". I fixed the ends of the two wires (1 black, 1 red) to a male socket, run the wires back to your tail light base and plug it in, there are two extra sockets not being use on the tail light base that are hot, the down side with these side marker LED's is drilling a small hole through the side of the rear fenders for the wires. The reflectors are held on with double sided sticky. They look great, does a great job of marking the fender both day, specially at night. I'll have to post a picture when I get the trike running again, which is soon.
Butch

Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

This is not a great picture but I wanted to post one before the lift kit is installed on Thursday for comparison's sake. I will post the "after" pic later and we shall see if it works.

OK, so it's real hard to tell by the pics but before I had 4" clearance from ground to bottom of muffler, now I have 6".

Attached Thumbnails My winter mods so far...-photo-7-.jpg   My winter mods so far...-photo-1-2-.jpg  

Last edited by TwinCooled; 01-30-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Add after pic
Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

The DK Customs Comfort Lift is now installed. I really like how the trike sits now and it should definitely help with the mufflers dragging. Need to get the wife out for a ride soon, so I can see how it feels two up. The steering does feel noticeably lighter. I was just feeling really comfortable with the stock configuration, now I just need to log some seat time and all will be good with the new setup. I got in about 100 miles today in near 60* temps.
Wind is now howling or I would still be out there.

I also put the mirror extensions on today and it's wonderful! I can now see what's behind me much better! Should have done that right away.

Short of possibly installing some 3M paint protection, I think my winter mods are done.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cool

You have really put it to the new trike! I would like to see how your going to use the 3m spray protect. that may be my first addition to stock trike.
Keep your observations comming...you seem to only person actually riding!!
Hap

Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by hapbob
You have really put it to the new trike! I would like to see how your going to use the 3m spray protect. that may be my first addition to stock trike.
Keep your observations comming...you seem to only person actually riding!!
Hap
Kevin with DK Customs rides to work most days, I think he said it was 24* feels like 15* when he left yesterday or today, can't remember. Of course he has that great heated gear

Do the mirror extensions first...cheapest mod I've made and one of the best!

Last edited by TwinCooled; 01-30-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: My winter mods so far...