Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lift Kit and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013 | 10:19 AM
vidman
|
Stage IV
Default Lift Kit and Warranty

Does a Lift Kit only void HD Warranty and extended warranty?

Old 12-31-2013 | 01:02 PM
sloufoot
Club Member

Originally Posted by vidman
Does a Lift Kit only void HD Warranty and extended warranty?
Most dealers can't tell the difference from stock parts. I have never heard of anything being a problem with warranty from the lifts. Some dealers are even stocking them in their parts.

Old 12-31-2013 | 01:34 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor

They look very much like the stock shock brackets, so unless you say something, most dealers will not even know they are on there.

If your dealer is picky, then they could only affect the warranty if there was a suspension issue. If there was a warranty issue with the suspension, then it is possible that some dealers would blame it on the lift kit. We have never heard of such a thing, but you never know with dealers, some are very anti "any non Harley part".

If your dealer is like that, AND you have a suspension warranty issue, the take them off before taking it in for warranty.

Side note- Kevin rides his TG very hard, lots of wheelies, burn-outs and they did a trip on it to the arctic circle (see this LINK), because of that his heim joints on the pan hard rod got loose. He has the Comfort Lift Kit on his, and they are replacing the pan hard rod under warranty, they never mentioned that it might have been caused by the Comfort Lift Kit.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-31-2013 | 04:52 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

I had my dealer install anything that could be questionable. Lift Kit, Headers, Fuel PAK, and so on. The real fact is your warranty is only as good as your dealer is willing to support you. I am lucky and have a dealer that treats us very good. They usually notify me that something was needed and covered under warranty. Example last fall while in for end of year oil change, they replaced the horn,,, and said it was weak sounding. Now I have a horn that blows your ears off. Never new the other one was weak sounding. Last summer they replaced the reverse motor. I hardly ever used it, but guess it was tripping the breaker too easily. Get a dealer you can trust and don't worry about the questions if it will be covered. But with that said, you need to respect their business as well, and be a good patron, purchase items there, have them install them, and have your service done there. They will respect you when the time comes that you need it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 01-01-2014 | 08:47 AM
vidman
|
Stage IV

Thanks for the reply. I am only concerned of the possibility while on a trip after the horror stories I have read about hitches and being away from home.

Old 01-01-2014 | 11:35 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

I agree with the above posts. I've been to several dealers and they can't tell the difference unless you tell them.

Old 01-02-2014 | 11:19 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by vidman
Thanks for the reply. I am only concerned of the possibility while on a trip after the horror stories I have read about hitches and being away from home.
I've had warranty work done at two different dealers 1500+ miles from home. TG has the Comfort Lift Kit on it and neither one of them said a word about the Lift Kit.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com