Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

90* in the valley today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013 | 11:00 PM
Brentwood Bob
Cruiser

Hey Steve,If you keep telling everyone how great the weather is in SoCal everyone will start mover there and making it more crowded then it is already. But that's ok just don't mention how the weather gets in NorCal. You can have them all to yourself. Just Joking. Hope you had a great ride.

Old 11-14-2013 | 12:01 AM
screwball
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Not to worry Bob, once they get a look at our taxes and understand that this is a welfare state they will be leaving, just like most of the businesses. I understand that Gov Moonbeam will, in an effort to make all the illegals comfortable will require all residents to learn Spanish.

Most of what he is doing doesn't bother me, I'm old, financially comfortable, and an Arizona resident.

Old 11-14-2013 | 12:18 AM
Brentwood Bob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by screwball
Not to worry Bob, once they get a look at our taxes and understand that this is a welfare state they will be leaving, just like most of the businesses. I understand that Gov Moonbeam will, in an effort to make all the illegals comfortable will require all residents to learn Spanish.

Most of what he is doing doesn't bother me, I'm old, financially comfortable, and an Arizona resident.
You hit the nail on the head Steve. Things aren't as bad up in these parts but as a state we are screwed. Your right once my wife retires then decisions will be made. My 2 boys have less then a year until they are done with college, then we will se how things go from there. My boys are big tech heads and they want us to move to Austin Texas which as you may know is call the next silicon valley. Who knows. A little time will tell.

Old 11-14-2013 | 02:00 AM
sloufoot
Club Member

Originally Posted by screwball

Steve, Are you paying Calif. income tax on your retirement? My brother in-law retired in Calif, but moved within a month afterwards to Idaho. Calif made him pay Calif. state taxes for a year afterwards because he earned a lot of his retirement in that state & officially retired there.

Old 11-14-2013 | 02:32 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

90*???

When I left the shop at 7:30 this evening it was 26* and the TG had ice all over it!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-14-2013 | 02:55 PM
screwball
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sloufoot
Steve, Are you paying Calif. income tax on your retirement?
NO! When I retired in 2000 I was allowed an option to take a cash buy out of all my retirement benefits, except medical. We hired an Estate Manager and gave him a limited power of attorney. He rolled over all the cash from my AT&T retirement package into another retirement plan outside the company. Since I was 55 I wouldn't be able to take a disbursement without a HUGE tax liability. He set up a program called S.E.P. that allowed me to take out a specified amount monthly for 5 years that would be taxed as normal income. When I turned 59 1/2 the tax penalty went away. Also, my wife still works, so the money went virtually untouched earning a minimum of 9%. My buyout has nearly doubled. At 62 I had my Social Security checks direct deposit into our bank in Arizona. Most of the credit cards and utility bills for the California and Arizona houses draw from that account. Gotta love Internet banking. I haven't been a resident of California for nearly 5 years, although I still live here most of the year. All our banking is via Arizona, I vote in Arizona (absentee ballot forwarded to our California address). All our cars are registered in Arizona, and wife and I have Arizona drivers licenses. If we ever get stopped, we are down here visiting our kids. Hasn't happened yet.

Old 11-14-2013 | 03:54 PM
Brentwood Bob
Cruiser

Now that's the way to get around California's BS. Very similar I took the AT&T buy out in 2011. At only 51 then everything rolled over to an account held with my financial advisor. Just like Steve I can't take large amounts until 59 1/2 so a 72T account is the way to go. My state of choice is Oregon. It does make a difference. Have to keep ahead of the government game. It would be easier to move but my boys are still in school and almost done with college. A couple of years we should have a better idea of things.

Old 11-14-2013 | 06:32 PM
ZD
Road Master

Originally Posted by DK Custom
90*???

When I left the shop at 7:30 this evening it was 26* and the TG had ice all over it!

I grew up in Maine... I remember ice on my motorcycles! (That's why I live in Az now!)

Supposed to get down to 75 on Saturday... Storm passing through yanno!

Old 11-14-2013 | 07:13 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZD
I grew up in Maine... I remember ice on my motorcycles! (That's why I live in Az now!)

Supposed to get down to 75 on Saturday... Storm passing through yanno!
Yep, it gets cold here now and then. Use to be when we got a little snow or ice I had to stay off the road (I don't have a cage). Now with the TG, I've never had any weather here where the snow or ice was so bad that I could not ride.