Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 06:01 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,781 Likes on 11,578 Posts

Finished installing the Screaming Eagle clutch pack and Screaming Eagle Diaphram Spring. Had some drama...cause I made a mistake,,,and didn't get all of the stuff from the old clutch out. It is all now complete...and man is it great!!!

My old clutch (20,000 miles) was rough engaging, and the dealer claimed they couldn't replicate the problem. Anyhow...I decided to do the upgrade myself. I was concerned about what I read that this clutch system may be hard to ride. But...it behaves wonderfully. It's smooth to engage...and quick to hook up. Yes, it engages quicker that the original...and after an inadvertent 1st gear wheelie...I got used to it pretty quickly.

IMHO...with the weight of the TrGlide, and my Stage II...this is a must do. One of the best upgrades I have done.

The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (04-21-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 02:07 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Put about 250 miles on the new trike I bought yesterday. Plan on more today if the rain doesn't mess me up.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:08 AM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Put about 250 miles on the new trike I bought yesterday. Plan on more today if the rain doesn't mess me up.

Congrats on your new ride! Of course black trikes are the fastest. Keep your feet on the floorboards

Old 05-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Congrats! and welcome!

When you have a opportunity get us a few pics. of your ride again welcome enjoy the new ride. ride safely and often fearless

Old 05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by captbob
Congrats on your new ride! Of course black trikes are the fastest. Keep your feet on the floorboards
That is soooo true ! I do let them hang down though at long lights on occasion.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)

When you have a opportunity get us a few pics. of your ride again welcome enjoy the new ride. ride safely and often fearless
I must be doing something wrong. When I use my cell phone, the pictures end up sideways when I post the picture to a thread. Not sure how to rotate them.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

Bolted on a Rivco bumper, and added a chrome fairing vent opening.

I rigged up some LED lights for inside the tour pak and trunk, and they are temporarily powered. Eventually they will each use a very small box that normally holds a single AA battery and has a switch, but I'll put in a small 12V garage door opener battery (A23 type) with a spacer.

I'm going with a battery rather than using the trike's wiring, mostly so they'll be usable without turning the ignition switch on.

Plus I'm in the middle of adding some LEDs inside the vent, and adding a 2' strip of side-emitting LEDs, facing rearward, onto the bottom of the new bumper. Pictures when it's all done.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Installed my blacked out horn cover, air cleaner cover, transmission side cover and fangs. Also installed LED bulbs in the rear fender lights, front LED turn signals and, J W Speaker headlamp.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:15 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,199 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Finished my once a year thorough wash, wax and shine on the Tri-Glide. Took it outside to take some pics, and it was cloudy....took a few anyway, and put it back inside.

It's going to rain tomorrow, so I will be riding the Softail, keeping the TG inside until a sunny day.

It won't be this clean again for another year, and I want to get some good pics. :laugh:

Here's a few pics I took today-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
BobRed0965
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
Bolted on a Rivco bumper, and added a chrome fairing vent opening.

I rigged up some LED lights for inside the tour pak and trunk, and they are temporarily powered. Eventually they will each use a very small box that normally holds a single AA battery and has a switch, but I'll put in a small 12V garage door opener battery (A23 type) with a spacer.

I'm going with a battery rather than using the trike's wiring, mostly so they'll be usable without turning the ignition switch on.

Plus I'm in the middle of adding some LEDs inside the vent, and adding a 2' strip of side-emitting LEDs, facing rearward, onto the bottom of the new bumper. Pictures when it's all done.
Please share!

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?