Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Installed one of those push button doo hooky things to replace the barrel lock on the fuel door. I'm tired of wrestling for my key, and if anyone wanted in, they could easily pop the lock and make damage.
yea plus not very safe , any barrel key would open it , can you believe they quit putting them on the 14s and just put the push button on them , not bad for $35.000

Old 05-23-2015, 02:04 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,089 Likes on 3,490 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Installed one of those push button doo hooky things to replace the barrel lock on the fuel door. I'm tired of wrestling for my key, and if anyone wanted in, they could easily pop the lock and make damage.
I've only tried three other bikes, but my key opened all three gas doors. Real secure !

Old 05-24-2015, 07:22 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
I've only tried three other bikes, but my key opened all three gas doors. Real secure !

That lock on the gas tank door is generic, any Harley key will work on any of those locks. It is only meant as a deterrent to those who don't have a Harley key. Guess Harley thinks no Harley owner would ever think of stealing gas from another Harley owner.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:07 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Default I didn't wash it or mow grass

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Put a Metzler 888 rear tire on the front of the trike yesterday. 10 miles after install I was on Mulholland Highway giving it a test. I like it...time will tell how it does in the snow and dirt/gravel, and how many miles I can get out of it. I think it fills out the fender better, and seems to handles/grip better.

btw, hardly anyone on Mulholland Highway yesterday. FUN road!

Looks like a great time, I wish I could endure the saddle time, I have to find the right padding before modifying.

what I did do--
-I put a Dunlop MT90B-16 AE rear on the front(backwards) as I researched many have done
-2 rear Dunlop Touring Signature II's (they reviewed best in the rain)

-black powder coated wheels
-rear spinners
-shift levers from the RK
-new black rotors(I needed the rotors for my nightster conversion)
-Mustang back rest
... more parts still in the box

that front tire doesn't have the feel of breaking away like the original

Old 05-26-2015, 07:13 AM
roaddog007
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2015 tri-glide upgrades

Goodmorning everyone from michigan. So far i have only done the shock relocating brackets. But i am also going to buy another license for my power vision to marry it to my tri-glide. I had the power vision on my 2012 ultra with a stage 1. For now though i can only afford to do the power vision license and a stealth air cleaner and maybe a muffler change? I have found out since having the tri-glide that i am not a fan of loud and proud just a fan of proud! I know a header change is gonna happen sometime but $$$$ is short right now. I have the stock mufflers on right now but i also have a set of tailgunner gunships and a set of v&h classic turn downs which i know would be louder than the other 2 sets. The tailgunner gunships have a pretty impressive wrapper baffle in them so the sound should be better than the stock and not as loud as v&h classic turn downs. What do you think? Roaddog007

Old 05-26-2015, 10:02 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Installed helibars, heat demons, and iso grips Friday after work. If anyone else is going to do any of these, pay very close attention when installing parts back onto the bars that you don't pinch any of the wires.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:08 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by roaddog007
Goodmorning everyone from michigan. So far i have only done the shock relocating brackets. But i am also going to buy another license for my power vision to marry it to my tri-glide. I had the power vision on my 2012 ultra with a stage 1. For now though i can only afford to do the power vision license and a stealth air cleaner and maybe a muffler change? I have found out since having the tri-glide that i am not a fan of loud and proud just a fan of proud! I know a header change is gonna happen sometime but $$$$ is short right now. I have the stock mufflers on right now but i also have a set of tailgunner gunships and a set of v&h classic turn downs which i know would be louder than the other 2 sets. The tailgunner gunships have a pretty impressive wrapper baffle in them so the sound should be better than the stock and not as loud as v&h classic turn downs. What do you think? Roaddog007
Why not do one thing at a time?

Install the Power Vision with a good tune for the stock air and exhaust. It will have a little more bark to it and it will run stronger.

Then get an air cleaner that does not feed the hot, oily, oxygen depleted air back into the air cleaner. That way you will not be gumming up your throttle body and carboning up your pistons. (see pics and link below) That will give you a bit more volume and bark, and run even better.

Then you can decide if you want to do exhaust after that. The newer stock slip-ons are a bit louder than previous years, you might decide you like them.

LINK to some good air cleaners.

LINK to more info on the difference between air cleaners...scroll down page to "Overview....#1"

By doing one thing at a time you can tell how much difference each improvement makes, it is easier on the wallet, and with the Power Vision it is easy to change the tune as you make each new mod.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:43 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Air filter

Is there a better flowing air filter system that will allow me to keep my stock housing? Thanks

Old 05-27-2015, 08:17 AM
roaddog007
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one thing at a time!

thanks dk for the reply. i will do the new power vision license first and just enjoy riding the tri-glide for the summer and see how things go. thanks again dk.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:16 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by foundryratjim
Is there a better flowing air filter system that will allow me to keep my stock housing? Thanks
There are two options I can think of-

Get a K&N Filter element for your stock A/C and use the external breather at this LINK

Get a Fuelmoto setup that uses your stock cover, you can see it at this LINK With this A/C you can use the same external breather as seen at the link above.

Originally Posted by roaddog007
thanks dk for the reply. i will do the new power vision license first and just enjoy riding the tri-glide for the summer and see how things go. thanks again dk.
Have a great summer riding!

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?