Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 11:09 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,268 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I'm just as bad. But i have at least 1 more upgrade. I am thinking a 2017 or newer Limited with a conversion to CSC. I like my Tri Glide but i am thinking it's missing a Independent rear suspension. I will be upgrading sooner than later ... just getting my ducks in a row, I am going to enjoy it for a year or 3 then upgrade...it only has 35000 miles on it so i can get my money back on it ... Hell i can even sell my 07 right now even with 111000 miles on it.
I considered "triking" my '13 CVO Ultra but after doing the math I thought that it just wasn't a good investment for me.

The CSC conversion adds both length and width to the dimensions of the trike and there are other conversion kits that offer independent suspension. It pays to shop around and to ask a lot of questions.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:16 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,086 Likes on 3,646 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I considered "triking" my '13 CVO Ultra but after doing the math I thought that it just wasn't a good investment for me.

The CSC conversion adds both length and width to the dimensions of the trike and there are other conversion kits that offer independent suspension. It pays to shop around and to ask a lot of questions.
I don’t mind the length and width, I am pretty sure it adds to the overall comfort and smoothness…I looked at just adding IRS to the Tri Glide but that’s more than halfway a conversion…I still have plenty of time and am not even sure what I want yet. Time is on my side plus I have 2 great machines in the garage.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:17 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 145 Likes on 94 Posts

I'just got mine cleaned up after a great 30 days of riding with my wife. Left Toronto on May 23. Visited Nashville, Huntsville (family's down those parts). Then headed WEST. We stopped in Little Rock, Omaha, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, AZ, Winslow AZ, then on to tour 5 National Parks in Utah. Amazing! Then on to Denver, Co and eventually back home. About 10,000km and 36lbs of dust. No rain and 90+f temps were the challenge.

The DK tank lifts, air deflectors, oil filter relocation and oil cooler helped tremendously in the heat, not to mention the mini mite fans and the HD cool flow fan. Shoei modular helmet was awesome as well.

This week I was able to pick up the new GTS radio (on order for six months) and did a quick plug and play exchange myself and had the Dealer flash it. I am one of the small percentage of riders that really enjoy all the features of these units so I am pleased with the newer version of the Boom! and it's capabilities.

And that my friends is how I spent my 80th birthday!

I appreciate this fourm as I have benefitted a lot from all the tips, answers, warnings, and banter here since I switched to 3 wheels.

Happy Canada Day (Yesterday) and July 4th this Monday from a dual citizen.

The following 6 users liked this post by TOHOG:
BouseBill (07-02-2022), Derbywiz (07-11-2022), DK Custom (07-02-2022), Nokkon Wud (07-02-2022), pappy42 (07-02-2022), plumb1bob (07-02-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-02-2022, 09:25 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by TOHOG
I'just got mine cleaned up after a great 30 days of riding with my wife. Left Toronto on May 23. Visited Nashville, Huntsville (family's down those parts). Then headed WEST. We stopped in Little Rock, Omaha, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, AZ, Winslow AZ, then on to tour 5 National Parks in Utah. Amazing! Then on to Denver, Co and eventually back home. About 10,000km and 36lbs of dust. No rain and 90+f temps were the challenge.

The DK tank lifts, air deflectors, oil filter relocation and oil cooler helped tremendously in the heat, not to mention the mini mite fans and the HD cool flow fan. Shoei modular helmet was awesome as well.

This week I was able to pick up the new GTS radio (on order for six months) and did a quick plug and play exchange myself and had the Dealer flash it. I am one of the small percentage of riders that really enjoy all the features of these units so I am pleased with the newer version of the Boom! and it's capabilities.

And that my friends is how I spent my 80th birthday!

I appreciate this fourm as I have benefitted a lot from all the tips, answers, warnings, and banter here since I switched to 3 wheels.

Happy Canada Day (Yesterday) and July 4th this Monday from a dual citizen.
Sounds like a Great Trip for you and your wife!

Happy Birthday!

The following users liked this post:
TOHOG (07-04-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 09:53 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice trip…working up to it after retirement in 5-7 years I guess.

The following users liked this post:
TOHOG (07-04-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 10:48 AM
theheder
Road Master
Received 936 Likes on 309 Posts

Installed the Primary vent tube then went on a 680 mile run from my house to the Blue Ridge Parkway and back.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:50 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,544 Likes on 839 Posts

Installed a easy pull and a Rekluse clutch. [see first ride report under the Rekluse topic]
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...se-clutch.html

Put amber driving lights on and wired the spots so they can be used either on bright or low beam.
Got rid of the air temp and put in a oil temp gauge.
Put Heim connectors on the shift shaft.
Found a broken bolt on the rear lever so replaced the lever.
Put a bigger horn on that I bought at a swap meet. Not sure the brand but it's LOUD!
Replaced the voltage regulator as I was charging at 16V. Also replaced the battery.
Flushed both front and rear brakes. This is not ABS bike.
LOF and new fluids in all 3 holes.

Last edited by Nokkon Wud; 07-06-2022 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:15 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Waiting for my EBC double Sintered front pads. Tired of weak brakes. . Also ordered a Pixel amplified SiriusXM antenna.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:51 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 145 Likes on 94 Posts

Upgraded my BoomBox! from 6.5 to GTS. Very happy with it. Now have Apple CarPlay and can use my Cardo headsets and Siri ..... sweet.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:03 PM
Captk
Advanced
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Mostly made the decision today to get a Fuel Moto head pipe to eliminate the cat. I really don't mind the stock muffin. After 2500 rpm they sound fine going down the road.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?