Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 01:39 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,271 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I bypassed that problem by sticking 3" reflectors on both sides of the door. Very illuminating when hit with headlights. I have the General Dynamics strobe lights and the H-D strobe stop lights on the rear plus 4 Hyper-Lite modules. I also have a 1/4" strip of Solas reflective tape along the edge of the tour pac hid. If you can't see me from half a mile back - you're completely blind.
I got tired of trying to mark, scribe and drill to the exact measurements on the instruction sheet.

I just "guestimated" where the center of the trunk was and drilled one hole one inch to the left and one hole inch to the right.
As long as no one opens my trunk and pulls out the liner ALL looks fine !

I silicone the holes for the wires and all the lights work well.

BTW, I do have the LED taillights and strobe but I some missed the strobe for the center brake light on the tour pack (it's on it's way) and as soon as I get that and the rear bumper installed I can put the seat back on and the trunk and tour pack liners back i and be ready to do some riding over the weekend. I need to get the 1000 miles on it so that I can take it in for the service and the installation of the chrome front end.

It never ends

Old 09-11-2018, 02:22 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint44
Sorry to hijack the thread but how are you doing now, Gary, after the crash?
Thank you for asking. I just finished 4 weeks of PT for the arm and have 4 more to go. Then resistance training. I leave the sling off for a few hours a day now. Neck brace came off a month ago. I'm hoping that I'll be back riding in November. I might try something small in Oct - will have to see how I feel. Doctor said definitely by December. That's when I really like to ride = over the winter. Dealer still has my "new" replacement 2014 TG that I just bought. It has 786 miles on it. Paid less then what I got from the insurance company. I really lucked out on that deal. I'm having the dealer install all the stuff I took off the old TG. That will save me thousands. This is the longest I've been off a motorcycle in my life - except for 4 years in the Marines.

Stay safe my friend. Remember the old saying, Don't ride faster then your guardian angle can fly.

The following users liked this post:
neon65 (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 07:14 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default What did you do to your Trike today?

Just returned from the maiden voyage with the new 2018 Trike traveled from Stanley, Idaho to Nelson B.C. about 1100 miles in three days and three nights. Wonderful trip with great weather and very little Forest Fire Smoke for a change. Cleaned her up today and added the following goodies that came while we were gone up North.....1.5 inch Tank Lift by D K customs and nice new H.D. Highway Pegs....boy do I ever wish I had those during the 1100 mile trip. More up grades to follow.

Gary

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (09-12-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 07:21 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

No work, just played today.

I have a few more "goodies" coming that I can install myself so I'm slowly "breaking-in" the engine just as the manual indicates.

I put a little over 100 miles on it today and I'm currently at 725 miles and have an appointment for the 1,000 miles during the first of October.
That will also be the time for the chrome front end, along with Helibars, heated grips and the remote garage door opener installation and by then our riding season will be coming to a fast halt!

I have plenty of other stuff to do to keep me busy, one of which is deciding IF I'm going to sell my current "road bike" or keep it

Old 09-19-2018, 07:40 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

I got the strobe today that operates the lights in the tour pack.
For whatever reason, there is a difference between the '16 and the '18 wiring harness that requires a different strobe.

My riding partner's 16 used the same (8-pin) connector as mine to operate the fender taillights and also for the tour pack harness, where my 18 used the 8-pin connector for the fender tail lights but needed a 6-pin connector for the tour pack.

I also have the Kuryaky trunk "verticle" (run/turn/brake) lights that mount on each side of the trunk door and they're connected into the 6-pin connector also.
There's one more strobe that will operate the tour pack side marker lights and will make them run and turn lights but I think I'll hold off on that for a while.

Had time for a short ride today and it looks like the weather in these parts may be on the decline, at least for a few days but that will give me time to catch up on some other stuff and possible a few more "trike" improvements if I get ambitious.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:04 PM
dbluefish
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well in a way I did this to my '12 TG yesterday: rode 30 miles in a Florida monsoon as part of a 250 mile round trip for lunch at Mexico Beach Fl where I had a great lunch of a cup of chili and Calamari with marinara sauce. Rode with 7 friends(4 HD's incl another TG) and met up with 2 more HD riders. Luckily the rain part came on my way home. BTW my chrome has never looked so good. Natures power wash.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I got the strobe today that operates the lights in the tour pack.
For whatever reason, there is a difference between the '16 and the '18 wiring harness that requires a different strobe.

My riding partner's 16 used the same (8-pin) connector as mine to operate the fender taillights and also for the tour pack harness, where my 18 used the 8-pin connector for the fender tail lights but needed a 6-pin connector for the tour pack.

I also have the Kuryaky trunk "verticle" (run/turn/brake) lights that mount on each side of the trunk door and they're connected into the 6-pin connector also.
There's one more strobe that will operate the tour pack side marker lights and will make them run and turn lights but I think I'll hold off on that for a while.

Had time for a short ride today and it looks like the weather in these parts may be on the decline, at least for a few days but that will give me time to catch up on some other stuff and possible a few more "trike" improvements if I get ambitious.
'I Think" the difference is not wiring but LED vs Incandescent

Old 09-20-2018, 11:27 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geary Thomas
'I Think" the difference is not wiring but LED vs Incandescent
Nope, both trikes have ALL LED's.
Worked out great for me so now I'm considering another strobe that will convert the tour pack side marker running lights to run and turn lights!

Old 09-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
Nope, both trikes have ALL LED's.
Worked out great for me so now I'm considering another strobe that will convert the tour pack side marker running lights to run and turn lights!
yep, I have dual strobe kits installed, different patterns

Old 09-21-2018, 02:02 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,441 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Thank you for asking. I just finished 4 weeks of PT for the arm and have 4 more to go. Then resistance training. I leave the sling off for a few hours a day now. Neck brace came off a month ago. I'm hoping that I'll be back riding in November. I might try something small in Oct - will have to see how I feel. Doctor said definitely by December. That's when I really like to ride = over the winter. Dealer still has my "new" replacement 2014 TG that I just bought. It has 786 miles on it. Paid less then what I got from the insurance company. I really lucked out on that deal. I'm having the dealer install all the stuff I took off the old TG. That will save me thousands. This is the longest I've been off a motorcycle in my life - except for 4 years in the Marines.

Stay safe my friend. Remember the old saying, Don't ride faster then your guardian angle can fly.

Great to hear you are progressing well. I know that PT can be a PITA, but it works.

I was as aggressive on it as they said I could be, and I was walking 6 weeks earlier than they thought I would be.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?