Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:13 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,441 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I’m getting mine ready for a 5,000 mile 2 week trip. I have a list of things to do in the next remaining weeks. First includes figuring out why I’m blowing the “lights” fuse. This is the one for the front fender tip light, driving lights, and the tour pack side marker lights. I’m also gonna pull the rear body to replace the pan hard rod heim joints. So, first I’m going to diagnose the lights issue. I have added an audio amp in the tour pack.
SDo, I figured with all the wiring, I’d disconnect it all and remove the Tour pack, and see what happens.

So, it took about 5 miles and 45 minutes of slow riding, but with all the lights to the tour pack and and all the audio stuff removed, and the tour pack remove it eventually blew the fuse.

back to the drawing board in the AM.
Sounds like a short to the fender tip light or the driving lights. Hope you get it sorted.

Sounds like you have a nice trip lined up!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-09-2018, 12:12 AM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,091 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Don't you have strobes or lights on the side of your rear fenders It might be those also..How did you protect the wires to those?

Last edited by sloufoot; 09-09-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:29 PM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
In addition to ordering the DK lift kit and 14" shocks today, I also checked into an issue that I'm having with my parking brake.
Seems that it sometimes doesn't fully release and return which prevents it from being re-set.
Now that I know what it is, I can deal with it until the 1,000 mile service later this month.
I also "fixed" the LH fairing lower "door" which was inoperable. Crude design IMO but it ain't rocket science

I had planned to switch the windshield (10" recurve) from my '13 CVO Ultra to see if it would reduce the buffeting and wind noise but I quickly discovered that the windshields are not interchangeable between the two fairings.

I did locate the air valve (behind the RH side cover) as well as the reverse motor circuit breaker, but I did NOT find the battery tender "pigtail" that is supposed to be behind the LH side. Perhaps they stuck it under the seat so I'll search for it the next time I remove the seat.

Just as I was "wrapping up" my wife came home and said "there's box on the front porch and it doesn't look like my stuff".
Apparently the UPS driver had parked at the end of my driveway and hand carried the box of accessories to the porch.

I managed to install the chrome Bar & Shield windshield trim but the other stuff I'll try to get installed by the weekend.
On my 16 Tri it was hanging by the frame,left side below the panel

Old 09-09-2018, 03:47 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,271 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Originally Posted by PosseRider
On my 16 Tri it was hanging by the frame,left side below the panel
I know.
IF it is, I must be as blind as a bat

I pulled the LH side panel and I see where it should be (according to the owner's manual) but it ain't there.

No biggie YET, I'll look for it the next time I'm "tinkering" in the garage.

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:07 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,441 Posts

Pouring rain here today, so I took advantage of it and changed the oil and cleaned the oil filter. Will be riding it to work tomorrow. Tonight the low is 58* !!! So the Softail will be seeing less miles and the TG more miles.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

I had a couple of LEDs go bad on the Custom Dynamics stainless light bar across the fairing under the windshield. I emailed them and asked if I could buy a replacement for one of the four LED modules. They sent me a whole new assembly, FREE!!! The one with the wiring out the sides instead of going through the holes I had to drill through the fairing for the old one. Much nicer, but getting that 3M adhesive foam tape off the fairing was a real SOB. I had to basically destroy the old one to get it off.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:10 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,271 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Got my fender and body "scruff pads" on today and started on the project of mounting some fancy Kuryakyn lights on the truck on each side of the door.
Took a long time measuring, taping, marking, re-measuring (again) before I drilled the holes for the wiring.
All was going well until I attempted to drill the holes for the wiring in the trunk body to route the wiring up to the connectors behind the seat.
Apparently, the need for a contortionist or a chimpanzee was omitted from the instructions as I am too big to get far enough through the trunk door and/or my arms are not long enough to reach the wall of the trunk in order to mark and drill the holes!

I think my only option is limited to removing the trunk door and I'm not really crazy about doing that with all of the complaints that I've heard about trunk door issues but I don't see it getting done unless I do.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:10 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
Got my fender and body "scruff pads" on today and started on the project of mounting some fancy Kuryakyn lights on the truck on each side of the door.
Took a long time measuring, taping, marking, re-measuring (again) before I drilled the holes for the wiring.
All was going well until I attempted to drill the holes for the wiring in the trunk body to route the wiring up to the connectors behind the seat.
Apparently, the need for a contortionist or a chimpanzee was omitted from the instructions as I am too big to get far enough through the trunk door and/or my arms are not long enough to reach the wall of the trunk in order to mark and drill the holes!

I think my only option is limited to removing the trunk door and I'm not really crazy about doing that with all of the complaints that I've heard about trunk door issues but I don't see it getting done unless I do.
I bypassed that problem by sticking 3" reflectors on both sides of the door. Very illuminating when hit with headlights. I have the General Dynamics strobe lights and the H-D strobe stop lights on the rear plus 4 Hyper-Lite modules. I also have a 1/4" strip of Solas reflective tape along the edge of the tour pac hid. If you can't see me from half a mile back - you're completely blind.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

Maybe take off the seat and drill from the outside? Is that where you mean? There's not a whole lot to hit on the inside. Or just shove them through the hole the existing wires go through and seal.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 663 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I bypassed that problem by sticking 3" reflectors on both sides of the door. Very illuminating when hit with headlights. I have the General Dynamics strobe lights and the H-D strobe stop lights on the rear plus 4 Hyper-Lite modules. I also have a 1/4" strip of Solas reflective tape along the edge of the tour pac hid. If you can't see me from half a mile back - you're completely blind.
Sorry to hijack the thread but how are you doing now, Gary, after the crash?

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?