Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 03:46 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuebert
Installed Pro-Action Street Series 14" Shock.
Got them a DK Customs. they set the preload based on how I ride and what load I carry.
Initial ride seemed a lot better, but will meed to do a 500 mile day to confirm.

Note: If you already have a DK lift kit the shocks will not work with that lift so make sure to order shocks with the new style lift.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.net/comb...ort-lifttm.htm
Good to hear!

Remember, you still have fine tuning you can do with the clicker on the bottom of the shocks. Might be worth trying a couple different settings on your 500 mile day to see if you can get it even better.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:43 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Since I couldn't ride due to rain from hurricane Harvey, I used the idle time to install the new lighted hand controls and trunk light kit. Looking forward to my next early morning ride to work so I can see my new controls.

Last edited by The Q; 08-25-2017 at 09:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by The Q:
Geary Thomas (12-07-2017), sweetcfo (09-07-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Kip Rouse
Novice
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My order of the 14in shocks with lift kit shipped today.......should be here Monday evening plan on installing them Tuesday or Wednesday along with the new Hi-Roller mufflers also from DK Customs......

Headed back to the Dragon next weekend to see how the new Trike does with these upgrades....

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 09:41 AM
handdw
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Q
Since I couldn't ride due to rain from hurricane Harvey, I used the idle time to install the new lighted hand controls and trunk light kit. Looking forward to my next early morning ride to work so I can see my new controls.

could you share where you bought them from?

Old 08-26-2017, 02:20 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by handdw
could you share where you bought them from?
Boardtracker Harley-Davidson online. I've priced most of the online dealers and with the $5 shipping, Boardtracker can't be beat.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kip Rouse
My order of the 14in shocks with lift kit shipped today.......should be here Monday evening plan on installing them Tuesday or Wednesday along with the new Hi-Roller mufflers also from DK Customs......

Headed back to the Dragon next weekend to see how the new Trike does with these upgrades....
Hey Kip,

Let us know how you like the new ride and sound of the pipes!

Kevin

Old 08-26-2017, 08:45 PM
Kip Rouse
Novice

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Hey Kip,

Let us know how you like the new ride and sound of the pipes!

Kevin
Will do Kevin

Took the wife out for a good ride today so FEDEX did not leave the pipes; needed a signature so they will be bringing them Tuesday now......I am sure they are going to sound great.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:57 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

Added a set of Custom Dynamics tail lights. Them puppies are bright! Leaving Tuesday for a 2100 mile NW Ohio to Maine (Bah Haba) and back on a 12 to 14 day trip. We should hit almost all the New England states. Trying to keep it to 250 miles or less on riding days. Bangor to Burlington looks like it will be interesting. We're avoiding the Interstates as much as we can up there.

Getting everything ready to go. Picked up a Harley High Tail rain suit, the dealer had a big doings going on and I got them for 15% off. Oh, and one of those small battery jump starter things. I'll attach the ATV fender bags on the rails and duffel bag holder onto the tour pack tomorrow.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 08-26-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Kip Rouse
Novice

Got the 14-inch progessive shocks with comfort lift kit installed over the weekend.....took the trike out for a 200 mile run with the wife and loaded up some gear to put it through a good test ride.

The wife's answer to the question of was this a big improvement was the smile of a satisified lady......I found the ride was so much more stable feeling and the handling seemed to be a big improvement also.....in my 55 years of riding this is the most satisfiying upgrade I have done to any of my rides.....

Last edited by Kip Rouse; 09-05-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: resize the images
Old 09-05-2017, 04:36 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kip Rouse
Got the 14-inch Trike Series Shocks™ with comfort lift kit installed over the weekend.....took the trike out for a 200 mile run with the wife and loaded up some gear to put it through a good test ride.

The wife's answer to the question of was this a big improvement was the smile of a satisified lady......I found the ride was so much more stable feeling and the handling seemed to be a big improvement also.....in my 55 years of riding this is the most satisfiying upgrade I have done to any of my rides.....

Fixed it for you!

That is good to hear. You've experienced the same as I in the handling/stability improvement, and your wife, the same as mine in a big improvement in ride quality.

Glad you are both enjoying!

Kevin

The following users liked this post:
Kip Rouse (09-05-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?