Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 01:50 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,199 Likes on 2,440 Posts

I run a 14" LRS Recurve that I look thru in the winter. In warmer months I have a much shorter LRS recurve I use.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-28-2017, 02:47 PM
WRE4U
Road Master
Veteran: Navy
Received 252 Likes on 134 Posts

Cleaned it up real good (detailed) used the two step Glare polish again. It must have 20 coats of Glare on it! A real nice deep shine! Packed up all the seat pads, Harley cover, backrest, manuals, all the original parts that were replaced with aftermarket items. Total for all that was 14 hours over 4 days.....then I SOLD IT
Shipping it to Hawaii from the east coast, was just not worth the fare, I then purchased a new to me Softail Convertible CVO, that ships to Hawaii for $1400, which is a far cry from the $4800 for the Trike! I'm real happy with the deal I got (only 4400 miles on it and in excellent condition) I am looking forward to riding in Hawaii on 2 wheels again....I may be back to a trike in the future....but for now it is this baby:

So thanks all for the knowledge and support in this forum....I had a great run!!

Old 03-28-2017, 03:15 PM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been riding with a LRS 12" recurve for about a year and a half.
I ordered a 10" recurve last month to try for the hot weather we have around here.
I really like the recurve shields.
Its cool to watch bugs just flip up over my head from the recurve effect on the wind.
Hopefully, the 10" will work as good as the 12".

Old 03-28-2017, 03:19 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by WRE4U
Cleaned it up real good (detailed) used the two step Glare polish again. It must have 20 coats of Glare on it! A real nice deep shine! Packed up all the seat pads, Harley cover, backrest, manuals, all the original parts that were replaced with aftermarket items. Total for all that was 14 hours over 4 days.....then I SOLD IT
Shipping it to Hawaii from the east coast, was just not worth the fare, I then purchased a new to me Softail Convertible CVO, that ships to Hawaii for $1400, which is a far cry from the $4800 for the Trike! I'm real happy with the deal I got (only 4400 miles on it and in excellent condition) I am looking forward to riding in Hawaii on 2 wheels again....I may be back to a trike in the future....but for now it is this baby:

So thanks all for the knowledge and support in this forum....I had a great run!!
You're gonna have some fun on that CVO in Hawaii. Where about on the Islands are you moving too?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:50 PM
WRE4U
Road Master
Veteran: Navy
Received 252 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey Kevin,
Almost in the center of Oahu, just outside of Pearl City, here
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/hi...ific-palisades

I have really enjoyed reading your travel articles and have learned a lot from you. I don't know if the new CVO needs much of anything regarding aftermarket parts (yeah right!) ....I don't actually see my new bike till I get there, around May 9th.

My son says a nice ride around the island will take the better part of a full day, so yes I'm really looking forward to riding with my grandson and son. He has been there for 10+ years and knows where to ride! I hope to take some awesome pictures and do my own travel articles this summer! It won't be a summer trip like yours and Marys last summer...much shorter and hopefully 100s of pictures

Old 03-28-2017, 03:54 PM
flashprez
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I like to leave my taller shield on because I hear the music better and also easier to carry on a conversation.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by WRE4U
Hey Kevin,
Almost in the center of Oahu, just outside of Pearl City, here
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/hi...ific-palisades

I have really enjoyed reading your travel articles and have learned a lot from you. I don't know if the new CVO needs much of anything regarding aftermarket parts (yeah right!) ....I don't actually see my new bike till I get there, around May 9th.

My son says a nice ride around the island will take the better part of a full day, so yes I'm really looking forward to riding with my grandson and son. He has been there for 10+ years and knows where to ride! I hope to take some awesome pictures and do my own travel articles this summer! It won't be a summer trip like yours and Marys last summer...much shorter and hopefully 100s of pictures
Very cool!

You definitely have year round riding weather over there! Watch out for tourists!!!!!

Mary and I lived in Hana, Maui for 3 years. Loved the weather. Not nearly as many roads to ride as Oahu.

There's some great Softail guys from HDForums in Oahu...story808 & Hawaii-Five-Jo

Old 03-28-2017, 08:17 PM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flashprez
I like to leave my taller shield on because I hear the music better and also easier to carry on a conversation.
I don't know if I'll like the shorter shield, but I wanted to try it out.
And for the sale price of $39, if I don't like it, I am not out much.
I never have anyone to ride with me so conversation is not an issue.
If I ever do find a woman who would like to ride, I can put the 12" back on in a flash !!

Old 03-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Installed the New Love Jugs Mighty Mites

Waited a long time before ordering glad now I did

Went on easier than I expected

Already look like they have been on there a long time

These fans blend in my opinion

Old Shiney just a little bit cooler this summer!

Before Mighty Mites Love Jug Fans

I just finished up installing the new model Love Jugs Mighty Mites, all went well OEM isolator fell apart, probably my doing. Look great seems like quality product now to get the weather to co-operate I can evaluate the heat reduction. Looking forward to getting in the wind soon. ride safely
Fred

The following users liked this post:
graygoat (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 01:14 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Went and got my annual safety inspection. Next pick up my plate sticker at the grocery store service center. beats waiting in line at the tax office.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?