Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,199 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by tnbillybob
Traded out some labor with a good friend. Washed, polished and then waxed his 17 CVO Ultra while he installed my DK Customs tank lift (f&r) and DK's "wings". Good trade!! BTW, he insisted that I ride his 17 CVO - in a word "awesome!"
Sounds like a great trade for both of you!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following 2 users liked this post by DK Custom:
Fearless (old nickname) (03-09-2017), tnbillybob (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Muffbrorick
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by flashprez
Anyone use a front mudflap on their trike? If so where did you get it? Thanks.
I will receive mine from Frank's Leather Products any day now. i will post pics when I get it installed.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:19 PM
flashprez
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffbrorick
I will receive mine from Frank's Leather Products any day now. i will post pics when I get it installed.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:31 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 137 Posts

I installed my DK Customs Tourpack relocator and footboard extensions.
I have had the footboard extensions before, just not on a trike. For any who might be curious, install was almost as easy as on touring bikes. Keeping the parking brake mechanism held up with a block of wood was a great suggestion in the instructions. Still an easy job and the extensions are a must have in my opinion.
The tourpack relocator was easy as well. Very solid and well made product. When I saw how it was designed to go together, I was impressed at how all the holes lined right up.
Now, I am just looking for an idea of what to use as a spacer behind the seat to cover the now exposed wires. Any ideas? I am thinking a custom made small, rectangular pillow, but wondering what others have done.
Oh, and it's great having the TP an inch higher, too. I can reach underneath to clean now.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 03:24 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS Bob
I installed my DK Customs Tourpack relocator and footboard extensions.
I have had the footboard extensions before, just not on a trike. For any who might be curious, install was almost as easy as on touring bikes. Keeping the parking brake mechanism held up with a block of wood was a great suggestion in the instructions. Still an easy job and the extensions are a must have in my opinion.
The tourpack relocator was easy as well. Very solid and well made product. When I saw how it was designed to go together, I was impressed at how all the holes lined right up.
Now, I am just looking for an idea of what to use as a spacer behind the seat to cover the now exposed wires. Any ideas? I am thinking a custom made small, rectangular pillow, but wondering what others have done.
Oh, and it's great having the TP an inch higher, too. I can reach underneath to clean now.

Great to hear you are enjoying the upgrades!

Kuryakyn used to make them only for the '13 and earlier, but they are now making filler pads for that later model TG's too.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4076/filler-pad

Old 03-17-2017, 11:28 PM
HOGN IT
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Added DK Customs Tank Lift Kit (Front and Rear)

I bought the 2" lift kit for the front, without asking for adult input. I had the original handlebars replaced prior to accepting delivery - I chose the "Reach" handlebars, I think they're called, so I was a little concerned with clearance issues between the gas tank and the bars, but I still have a good 3/4" to spare, I estimate. I love the quality of the fit and the precision of the machining of the kits! Everything fit perfectly! I don't have a real good "Before" picture, but I'll post the best I have. I took a couple of "After" pics. I really like how the kit opened up the area under the gas tank; it will be much easier to polish that chrome, plus I think it makes the bike look better with the tank elevated a little more.

Before:

After:

The following 2 users liked this post by HOGN IT:
DK Custom (03-18-2017), Fearless (old nickname) (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

tGLIDEstuff floorboard extenders finally on. Chunky and strong, I went with raising the boards 1/2" over stock, we'll see how that works out.

I also had to extend my heel guard back towards the motor a bit with a couple of 1" spacers and a mounting block, there's about 1/2" clearance there now. So I get full use of the extension without bumping up against the exhaust.
Chunky.

Left side on

Mounting details.

Lots of room now. I'm people toed, opposite of pigeon toed, feet point out, so I needed the space. I used to hit the exhaust with my heel a lot until I installed the guard initally.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 03-18-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by HOGN IT
I bought the 2" lift kit for the front, without asking for adult input. I had the original handlebars replaced prior to accepting delivery - I chose the "Reach" handlebars, I think they're called, so I was a little concerned with clearance issues between the gas tank and the bars, but I still have a good 3/4" to spare, I estimate. I love the quality of the fit and the precision of the machining of the kits! Everything fit perfectly! I don't have a real good "Before" picture, but I'll post the best I have. I took a couple of "After" pics. I really like how the kit opened up the area under the gas tank; it will be much easier to polish that chrome, plus I think it makes the bike look better with the tank elevated a little more.

Before:

After:

Looking good! Glad you're enjoying.

What horn is that?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Kevin or others...what pipe thread is used on the plates for the DK oil cooler and the filter relocator kits. Anyone know where I can get black anodized fittings that would work on those pieces instead of the brass fittings that the kits come with?

Thanks

Old 03-18-2017, 09:20 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Looks like the Rivco air horn

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?