Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

A couple of Tri-Glide wheelie pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,209 Likes on 2,446 Posts

Glad you guys like them. It's a lot of fun.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Wow!!!!!!
Yeah Barbara, your TG will do that. You probably don't want to....but it will do it.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM
factorybuilt
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who would of thought! That's frick'n cool. 👍

Old 10-19-2013, 10:43 AM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I have read more than a few times that some folks think the Tri-Glide won't wheelie.

I have been meaning to ask Mary to take some pictures for a month or so now.

Today I got home from the shop on the TG before it was dark.

These pics are in our driveway.

First one is a roll on throttle while barely rolling. I have gotten it much higher than this with a roll on...but not a lot of room to work with in our driveway.

This one was with some clutch work while rolling. That's as high as it goes...mufflers stop it from going any further.

These are easy to do. TG is a solid Stage 1. (stock cams)

However, I do not recommend them...never know when a belt may snap, or other undesirable effects.

That said, I have done hundreds of wheelies on it, bike is close to 50K miles, original belt.

Further disclaimer....if you do a wheelie with yours and crash or break something...remember, I said I don't recommend it...don't send me the repair bill.
Amazing it has that much torque, but it SUX when you wanna pass at 70mph. Gotta downshift at least 2 gears

Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by erbssr
Amazing it has that much torque, but it SUX when you wanna pass at 70mph. Gotta downshift at least 2 gears
That has not been my experience. 6th at 70 mph is on the bottom end of my powerband, and is good for moderate acceleration. If I need to accelerate as quickly as possible, from 70 mph, I can drop it down to 5th and be in the middle of the powerband for max acceleration.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:54 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like fun. Way back in my dirt bike days, I used to lean back and pull on the bars to help a wheelie, guess that doesn't help much on a Tri-Glide. Just curious, does a Tri-Glide have a limited slip differential?

Old 10-19-2013, 03:55 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,791 Likes on 11,580 Posts

Never done it one mine that I know of. But know it easy easy to take enough weight of the front in turns that it will try to go straight. Now with the stories about the cranks being weak I fake it easy at the start, then hit it once she starts rolling.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:40 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You may call me chicken but I am not the least bit interested in doing that with my TG. It could get very expensive very QUICKLY.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:37 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Looks like fun. Way back in my dirt bike days, I used to lean back and pull on the bars to help a wheelie, guess that doesn't help much on a Tri-Glide. Just curious, does a Tri-Glide have a limited slip differential?
Yeah, I don't think pulling back on the bars helps much. Pretty much it is pure torque.

I looked all thru the manuals and could not find any indication one way or another on the limited slip...I may have missed it.

I think it is an open differential. Sometimes when burning out it will leave rubber from both tires, sometimes from just one....but the reason I think it is open is because when I have one tire in loose stuff on the edge of the road and the other tire is on dry asphalt, the one in the loose stuff will spin/seems to be getting all the power. I could be wrong, but this is what it seems like. Maybe Wizard or M3 have more info?

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Never done it one mine that I know of. But know it easy easy to take enough weight of the front in turns that it will try to go straight. Now with the stories about the cranks being weak I fake it easy at the start, then hit it once she starts rolling.
Originally Posted by oldmsocko
You may call me chicken but I am not the least bit interested in doing that with my TG. It could get very expensive very QUICKLY.

True on both counts...but it's so much fun! I never hit it from a stop...always rolling first...AND always fully warmed up.

I actually hold back quite a bit...the belt is always in the back of my mind...being a wear item, that would all come out of my pocket. The differential, crank, etc. is under warranty.

Quick Reply: A couple of Tri-Glide wheelie pics