Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2014 recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 04:46 PM
JCloud
Cruiser

Just left my dealer. My trike is on the truck and should get here (there) before the end of the day today. I assume that they will take care of any and all recalls before they send me on my way with my new TG tomorrow. I would hate to ride home tomorrow and then have them call me to bring it back to fix it.

Old 10-17-2013 | 05:34 PM
PIGGI
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JCloud
Just left my dealer. My trike is on the truck and should get here (there) before the end of the day today. I assume that they will take care of any and all recalls before they send me on my way with my new TG tomorrow. I would hate to ride home tomorrow and then have them call me to bring it back to fix it.
I doubt you will get it before next week. Parts aren't due until 10/21.

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:21 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by PIGGI
I doubt you will get it before next week. Parts aren't due until 10/21.

According to info MrWizard has been gathering, parts will not be shipped until the week of 10/21. Due to the number of bikes involved (about 60k) parts shipments may be limited at first. Also, stock units will be 1st in line, then owners on a first come first serve basis.

Again, I got this from a MrWizard post on another site. Thanks to him for the info!

Glad I took mine in today!

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:31 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

This is a serious DO NOT RIDE recall everyone. Service Manager barely made it back to the dealer on a road test.

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:40 PM
JCloud
Cruiser
Default A little surprised

Like I sail earlier.... I stopped by the dealership this afternoon and they called the delivery company who said it would be there late today. The salesman told me it would be ready to go tomorrow. That was at 4:30 today... I had not seen anything about the recalls at that time. I am a little surprised the dealership didn't say something this afternoon about it. Not sure how to interpret the no discussion about the recall. Did they not know or not want to talk about it yet?

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:02 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by JCloud
Like I sail earlier.... I stopped by the dealership this afternoon and they called the delivery company who said it would be there late today. The salesman told me it would be ready to go tomorrow. That was at 4:30 today... I had not seen anything about the recalls at that time. I am a little surprised the dealership didn't say something this afternoon about it. Not sure how to interpret the no discussion about the recall. Did they not know or not want to talk about it yet?
I know you are looking for a way that you will take your new ride home tomorrow...
Unfortunately, I don't believe that will be the case. The good news is that when your dealer gets the parts yours will probably be the first in line for install. Just a while longer, take a deep breath. It's hard, kinda like waiting for Christmas when you were a kid.
I don't know which is worse, waiting for Christmas or having your new toy stolen from you right after.

Old 10-18-2013 | 12:49 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Man, that just plain sucks.

On the brake switch recall, a couple of years ago, my switch was working fine...but I took it in for the recall "upgrade". That switch failed almost immediately...had to take it back in for yet another one.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-18-2013 | 05:42 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Man, that just plain sucks.

On the brake switch recall, a couple of years ago, my switch was working fine...but I took it in for the recall "upgrade". That switch failed almost immediately...had to take it back in for yet another one.
You got lucky with the 1st switch, mine took a crap while on the road. One minute I had rear brakes and the next I only had front to work with. The rear did absolutely nothing. Brought it home and parked it until I could get an appointment. They changed the switch and did a **** poor job bleeding it, had to bleed them some more later.

I know **** happens but there is a lot of it happening between puking coolant, clutches failing and the upper tree needing replaced. HD didn't do such a swell job with their quality control or engineering.

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:06 PM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser

I don't think the problem is with all the bikes in that model listing, just the first ones built. It's still a lot of bikes! But the most recent off the truck should already be updated.

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:30 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Here is what I can garner from the email I got from Harley and info from the dealer.
The only issue on the Trikes is that some may have gotten the wrong release plates.
There may be no fix even required, just an inspection. Mine is at the dealer now and they called to tell me that the 1k is all done. I said "great, now can you pull off the derby and see if I got the right plates?" The service manager says "Well we don't even have that info yet, we are supposed to have it Monday." So it could be that this whole deal could be cleared up pretty quick if the slip assist clutch is installed like it was supposed to be.

Quick Reply: 2014 recall