Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Moved to the other side!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013 | 11:02 AM
Rockwall TG John
|
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Mike,
JMO, but look into the Progressive Montubes for your dads Trike. Some of the best $$ I spent and the handling and anti-dive in the front is a jewel. Easy install and less $$$ than the Racetech setup.

FWIW, I had the Racetech setup on my FXLR and while it worked great adjustments on the emulator required removing the forks again. It's not a job you want to do much to get the balance right. My Progressives are Tri-Glide specific and carry a lifetime warranty.
I put the Progressive Montubes on my TG and loved them

Old 07-20-2013 | 01:27 AM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,094 Likes on 3,494 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I'm going with the Gen II, I'm going to be getting some pricing pretty soon. I have a friend I grew up with who does suspension work and he told me to send the fork legs to him and he'll show them some loving with Traxion internals. This winter we'll be having him rework the legs on my dads Triglide with some Racetech parts.
It's good to see some new lines coming out. Everything started looking alike.
I think you're going to have a ball with that !
I can't believe that quad Hannigan has ! It looks like a cross of a Can-Am & a Hannigan... Can-Amannigan? But I guess it was bound to happen !
I'm going to do an oil change on the front & rear shocks & see if that helps. I've heard it does a lot with heaver oil.

Last edited by sloufoot; 07-20-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-20-2013 | 06:02 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
It's good to see some new lines coming out. Everything started looking alike.
I think you're going to have a ball with that !
I can't believe that quad Hannigan has ! It looks like a cross of a Can-Am & a Hannigan... Can-Amannigan? But I guess it was bound to happen !
I'm going to do an oil change on the front & rear shocks & see if that helps. I've heard it does a lot with heaver oil.
Hannigan seems to think outside the box which I like. This spring I took a new 2012 GL1800 with a Hannigan conversion for a ride, I was impressed with the ride and handling. I didn't cut it any slack, I sought out the bumps and a corner I know thats pretty good. All I have to do is get some favorable pricing and I'll be smiling. I figure I'll do it sometime early fall.

A lot of times heavier oil will make the ride harsher, it doesn't hurt to give it a go if you don't mind changing it back.