Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lift Table for a Trike

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013 | 02:30 PM
JJHOG
|
Road Captain
Default Lift Table for a Trike

Well I was successful at selling my Handy 1000# Motorcycle Lift yesterday. Not wanting to let idle cash lay around I went looking for a Lift Table that is capable of handling my TG. Found two, one is specific for a trike and the other is capable of handling a trike. Price is pretty good. I bought the Kernel M1500 model and paid $1,260 delivered to my front door. Kernel makes a M1300 which is more Trike Specific. That model runs around $1,340 bucks plus shipping unless you want to go and pick it up.

Here's the link to the Distributor.

http://naautoequipment.com/motorcycl...FfRQOgodPSUAYQ

Old 06-12-2013 | 01:58 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice lift..should work fine.

Old 06-13-2013 | 12:43 AM
dfndr
Road Master

I had Pitbull lift for Softail Heritage. Worked well. Now have Triglide. Looking into his attachment to use Pibull with trike. I like the height and the fact that you can get right up to the bike to work and don't have to bend over the lift to get close to bike. The swivel function is very nice also

Old 06-18-2013 | 12:28 AM
Moneywoes
Tourer

Had the Tri up on your new lift yet? Whats your opinion of the lift after using it?

Old 06-18-2013 | 08:02 AM
JJHOG
|
Road Captain

It is going to be delivered this Wed. Unfortunately I dislocated my lip last Weds and had surgery on Thursday to try to lock in into the socket. This make it the 2nd time in the last 3 months. So it's going to be awhile before I'll be messing around with the TG let alone the lift. Right now I'll have a couple of friends get it in my garage. If it's easy to maneuver around without a lot of bending then I'll give it a try to load it on the lift. I'm not recovered enough to be trying to actually work on the TG. Have to watch how I bend, etc.

Last edited by JJHOG; 06-18-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2013 | 08:17 AM
Moneywoes
Tourer

2nd time in three months?? Sounds painfull.. Take your time and follow the Doc/Therapist recovery plan. Post up a critique of your lift table after your back on your feet.

Old 06-20-2013 | 12:21 PM
JJHOG
|
Road Captain

The lift showed up yesterday and I had a couple of friends come over and uncrate it. Word of advise. It takes two to uncrate the lift especially since they ship it upside down. The only assemble required is for the Tire Vice. There is also a cover to the hydraulic/air pressure foot box, (4 little screws) and I recommend putting this cover on since it has a carry handle and that box must weight at least 40#. This lift works on a combination of hydraulic fluid being pushed into the lift cylinder at a minimum psi rate of 90.

The first thing I noticed is how really heavy this lift is. The second thing I noticed is that there aren't any wheels on it to facilitate easy moving around the garage. This is more of a "Shop Lift" which typically are placed in the Mechanics work station and left there. I ended up putting four of the plastic football sized furniture moving pads under each corner and even in my post surgical state I'm able to move it around. I only have a 1 car garage to work with and it's pretty tight with the TG sitting in the center. I would be more inconvenient to try to put the Lift in the middle of the garage and pull the TG up on it all the time. What I did find is that I could power up the lift, raise the table up to my waist and then push/pull the lift into the work space.

Construction is good, fitment is good, lift operation is good. The extensions go on easy but again, even they are heavy. The lift comes with two poles that go into the back corners of the base table which I are meant to be used on two wheelers.

Old 06-21-2013 | 02:53 AM
sloufoot
Club Member

JJ,,,This would be a good addition to the lift. Makes things simple. One is shown on the lift table, but doesn't say if it comes with the lift. http://www.completehydraulic.com/lif...cc-tcmlsj.html
It would give you the ability to lift the rear of the trike, or the front independently for wheel removal. When using to pick up the front be sure to strap the rear axle down to the table to prevent movement.
When picking up the rear, strap down the front wheel. I don't trust the tire vice or chock to stay down by itself.
Just a thought for safety & ease of working on the trike.
Hope the hip gets better fast ! Don't push it !

Old 06-21-2013 | 04:01 PM
JJHOG
|
Road Captain

Thanks for the suggestion sloufoot. I had one of the scissor jacks and tried using it on my Ultra Glide. Damn jack broke. I ended up getting a scissor jack for a car and use it instead. Maybe I'll try another MC scissor jack. Could have been I had a faulty one. Paid $80 bucks for it so was surprised when the shear pin snapped on the hex nut used to raise and lower the jack.

Anyone out there have a MC scissor jack that they have used on their Trike. Don't forget that the TG weighs in at 1200# and most of these jacks are only rated to 1000#.

Old 06-21-2013 | 06:33 PM
sloufoot
Club Member

That might be on the 1000# capacity, but you aren't picking the whole trike up with it. Only one end at a time. Also if the shear pin broke, did you have the screw greased a little? Not WD40, but grease.
You would be picking around 700#-800#max.

Quick Reply: Lift Table for a Trike