Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

phase 7 led light with lighted halo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM
plumberdoug
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phase 7 led light with lighted halo

Has anyone installed this set up. Directions say to use your stock trim ring but it is bigger then the new one.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 858 Likes on 328 Posts

Just installed mine last Saturday. It will fit. Run the wires as per the instructions and remove the screw on the bottom of the halo and spread it apart with your thumbs and hook the top on. Then keep your thumbs there and pull down, apart, and push back. It will snap into place. I even called Kuryakyn and told them it wouldn't fit but I was wrong. Not the easiest install but it will go. The worst thing about it is once its on, if you break your headlight or have to take it back off for some reason, you have to pull the 3-way tape back off the ring to separate it. Not the greatest set-up but it will go on. Get your thumbs out of the way in a hurry!!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 AM
plumberdoug
Advanced

Ok thanks , I will try again hopefully it will work without removing halo light it is already on.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 858 Likes on 328 Posts

The halo light itself is the last thing to go on after the new trim ring is screwed tight. The guy I talked to at Kuryakyn said you just need strong fingers to remove it and it will usually re-stick. I know the instructions aren't the best. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
HDnutcase
Intermediate

Originally Posted by h-d wrencher
Just installed mine last Saturday. It will fit. Run the wires as per the instructions and remove the screw on the bottom of the halo and spread it apart with your thumbs and hook the top on. Then keep your thumbs there and pull down, apart, and push back. It will snap into place. I even called Kuryakyn and told them it wouldn't fit but I was wrong. Not the easiest install but it will go. The worst thing about it is once its on, if you break your headlight or have to take it back off for some reason, you have to pull the 3-way tape back off the ring to separate it. Not the greatest set-up but it will go on. Get your thumbs out of the way in a hurry!!
I don't know why Kuryakyn wants you to reinstall the original HD trim ring????? It's stupid and the HD ring doesn't fit tight because it is secured with a flimsy spring. I threw it away and the new Kuryakyn ring fits great and snug behind the HD backing plate. Much easier to install and a tighter fit. Headlight access/adjustment/replacement is much easier as well.