Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lovin the new Tri-Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012 | 10:28 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by daurwid
Gah! I had totally forgotten about these. Isn't there another company that makes these extensions?
Glad you're ok from the accident. Get the floorboard extensions from Harley Goodies.

Old 11-23-2012 | 10:43 AM
daurwid
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Glad you're ok from the accident. Get the floorboard extensions from Harley Goodies.
Not going to buy them right this second. I am however going to leave an inch of slack in the rider edge light kit for the floorboard so I can do the extensions later. Thanks guys!

Old 11-27-2012 | 08:54 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the new trike! And you could not have picked a better dealer either! Sorry to hear about the wreck, but I'm glad to hear you are still with us.

Old 11-28-2012 | 02:47 PM
5x40
Cruiser

daurwid, I don't know how I missed the pixs and info concerning your accident. Just picked up on it today. Sorry to learn that but very happy to read that you are okay.

Old 11-29-2012 | 06:14 PM
daurwid
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by CWDoc115
Congrats on the new trike! And you could not have picked a better dealer either! Sorry to hear about the wreck, but I'm glad to hear you are still with us.
Thanks Doc! 3-wheels and all my armor gear saved the day!

Old 11-29-2012 | 06:15 PM
daurwid
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by 5x40
daurwid, I don't know how I missed the pixs and info concerning your accident. Just picked up on it today. Sorry to learn that but very happy to read that you are okay.
Thank you. I'm feeling a lot better now. Still sore on the right forearm and shoulder but fading fast for sure.

Old 11-29-2012 | 08:16 PM
daurwid
|
Tourer

Update to the wreck progress.

We have been waiting on handlebars and the fairing lowers to come in. Handlebars should be in soon. The painted parts have a lead time - the fender they must keep on hand because the dealership had the new one in a couple days. And they even added the pinstriping by Ed Webster as a part of my repairs and he has already re-pinned my fender! Shamless plug for ED! Check his work out here: http://www.edwebster.com/

They swapped these already:
Granite Clutch Release Cover (37129-06)
Granite Bearing Housing Assembly (35250-06)
Granite Transmission Cover (34471-08A)
Granite Stock Cam Cover (25362-01A)
Granite Inner Primary Housing (60850-08A)

Added some new items, Christmas comes once:
Rider Footboard Edge Light Kit 50743-04
Fender Rail for Trike 61400058
Red Fender Rail Lens 68388-10
Auxiliary Power Port 91671-10
Oil Temperature Gauge - Fairing Mount 70900283
Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wire Harness 69200441

And I purchased the Floorboard Extensions from Harleygoodies.com like everyone suggested. Went stock - Black to match the existing brackets. Should be delivered to the dealer sometime shortly. Woot!
1" Rider Floorboard Extension Kit 09FL-FL-EXT-CHRM

There's a handful of little items I'll mention later. But for now, here are the pictures thus far. Handlebars and painted parts have been holding it up - that wait is over so you'll see more pics soon.

Not my best photo shots. Hope you enjoy. Suggestions, comments, etc. always welcome.

Old 11-30-2012 | 08:33 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Sorry to hear about your wreck,but I'm glad to hear that both you and the bike are on the mend. I might be interesed in some of your chrome take off parts if they have not been spoken for already.

Old 11-30-2012 | 10:51 AM
daurwid
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Sorry to hear about your wreck,but I'm glad to hear that both you and the bike are on the mend. I might be interesed in some of your chrome take off parts if they have not been spoken for already.
Oh really? I'll PM you. You're the first to show interest.

Old 12-06-2012 | 11:45 PM
daurwid
|
Tourer

12/6/12: Update On Repair and Accessory Process

Was able to get a fitment done for the handlebars on Tuesday. Amazing how 2" pull backs make such a huge difference. I wanted to put on an EZ-tourpack latch. When the bolts for the stock one were removed, they snapped like little twigs. Luckily it falls under warranty. Seems to be a normal with small screws and blue loctite. So just remember it's covered if it happens to you within the first 2 years.

And now on with the real fun, pictures!

It's hard not to be anxious to get back on and ride! I've got this itch I just can't cure without riding!

Quick Reply: Lovin the new Tri-Glide