Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Arnott air shocks are a REAL DEAL !

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Rockwall TG John
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott air shocks are a REAL DEAL !

I installed the Arnott 13 in. Black Bilstein Rear Air Suspension System on my 2010 TG, Price $599.00. The best money I have spent on my TG! The install was simple and the ride is so smooth. I mounted the air compressor in the trunk, out of the weather and the way. I made my mounting bracket out of alumn angle iron, this is the only part that I had to make. It takes up very little space. When you look at their sight you won't find a listing for the TG, look under the Harley Touring section and you will find the 13 in. system. We have a 1200 mile trip planned this weekend. If it makes any difference my wife thinks the ride is smoother than her Accord. Call Arnott and talk to Bill, he will answer any questions you have.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:54 PM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I would be interested to hear your impression after the 1200 mile trip.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Cheezyrider
Club Member
Default Arnott

I recently traded and now own a 2011 Boss Hoss Trike that has the Legend air ride and can tell you it is crap. I have an install of the Arnott air ride system that is self leveling as well this month. I have only heard good things about the Arnott system.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Cheezyrider
Club Member
Default Apology

I was wrong in saying that the Legend air ride system was crap. I know of 2-3 TG owners who have installed the Legend system and are very happy with it so it must work on a TG, I have no experience in the use. I also know of 4-5 Boss Hoss owners who have the Legend system who are very unhappy with it (myself included). As with the Arnott system it is a matter of choice and what the user’s needs are. The Harley Arnott system uses the Bilstein shock which I understand is a stiffer shock than the Aldan shock (used on the Boss Hoss system) which is an 11 position air shock and much softer. As there is over 300-400 pounds difference in the two motorcycles (trikes) it is understandable that two systems would work differently for each motorcycle. Legend was an option from the factory on the Boss Hoss and for the 2012 models the option is with a Monroe air ride system.
I rode over 28,000 miles on my 2009 TG, so I feel that I am entitled to an opinion. I am also a SUPPORTER of this forum. Yes, I am an EX-TG owner but as I said at over 10,000 miles a year I feel that I can express an honest opinion of what many but not all are feeling on a TG. Many of the TG owners have been very happy with what they have purchased and I am glad for them. The choices I made were for my own personal experience and not necessarily needed but wanted on my part. The TG for me was a superb machine and I was very happy with it. I wanted something more than it was giving me which was why I bought the Boss Hoss. This is how I also felt in 2009 when I went from the 2006 Ultra Classic to the Tri Glide. I am lucky in that I have no handicap but I prefer to ride a trike.
I know of at least one other EX-Tri Glide owner on this section of the forum and he and I have sent emails, he has answered every one of my questions and I believe he still is a very good asset to this section of the forum. I will probably continue to support this forum as Harley Davidson still holds my heart, but I just want something different at this time.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Cheezyrider
Club Member
Default 2011 Boss Hoss Coupe

Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheezyrider
Nice looking ride, you sure won't be lacking power.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 142 Posts

Wow, that's a nice ride... Does it pop wheelies? I love the paint job too. It's definitely unique.

Bubba

Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Rockwall TG John
Advanced

We did 1100 miles this weekend and the air ride worked great. It handled perfect in the curves and handled the bumps perfect. That was riding two up with a 40 lbs of luggage. All it lacks is a air guage.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Cheezyrider
Club Member

Several guage setup here to choose from.

http://www.arnottairsuspension.com/p...s.asp?catId=21

Old 09-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Cheezyrider
Club Member
Default wheelies?

Originally Posted by Bubba49
Wow, that's a nice ride... Does it pop wheelies? I love the paint job too. It's definitely unique.

Bubba
It will turn over the rear tires easy enough. With the sproket and cam changes I had in my 09 Tri Glide I could pick up the front tire in 1st and second gear.

Quick Reply: Arnott air shocks are a REAL DEAL !