Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 10:39 AM
TBLewis
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts

My father owns a 2009 HD Tri Glide and he was recently in an accident on it. Apparently one of the back tires locked up causing him to go off the road. Has anyone heard of anything similar to this happening? Also he has decided to keep the bike and fix the damage. Can anyone recommend a good place to get replacement parts for a 2009 Tri Glide?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:44 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

How about ummm.........a Harley dealer?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
TBLewis
1st Gear

Maybe i should have clarified that i was interested in a website that sold replacement parts for less than the dealership. He has a large list of parts and would like to save money where he can.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Chicago Harley and a couple of others offer a 10% discount on E purchases. If you are looking for body parts, you are pretty much stuck with Harley. Any of the large catelogue sales, JR, Kirker, can sell after market stuff.

Hope Dad is OK, and good Luck

Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of the body can be repaired by any competent body shop and repainted for a fraction of new parts cost other parts are as screwball said available online at discounts, Zanotti is another HD online discount sometimes 20% off or free shipping.

Im sure we all would like to know mlore about what caused wheel to lock up, any more info??

Old 08-18-2012, 03:12 PM
TBLewis
1st Gear

Dad was getting the bike ready to take out from winter storage when he noticed that it was hard to change through the gears. He decided to bring the bike down to the Harley dealership to get the bike checked out. When the dealership said the bike was ready, dad got a ride down with a another rider with the intentions of going for a ride afterwards.

Dad was in the lead as they proceeded on the highway, when one of his back tires locked up while driving at 65mph. The rider behind dad says that one tire locked up and started smoking. Dad fought the bike for a few hundred yards before the bike hit the side of the road were it started to flip. After the accident no one was willing to inspect the bike once they heard that it was a Harley, so we didn't have a choice but drop it off to the dealership. They had the bike for over 2 months before they reported that they could not find any reason why the single tire locked up.

Dad took a good beating during the accident and had to have a couple of operations but now after 5 months he can get around on crutches. Of course we searched the internet for any similar accidents but couldn't find any.

Anyway dad has to decide to fix the bike and got a large list from the dealership of all the parts needed. That is why i was wondering if i could save him a few dollars by finding some of the parts online.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I've bought a ton of parts from Lake Shore HD http://www.lshd1.com/servlet/StoreFront , they do 20% and sometimes more plus they have specials where they offer free shipping.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Whodattom
Advanced

Not to try to be an ***, but did you consult with an attorney after the accident? If it just came from the dealer and the back wheel locked up then there may have been something done incorrectly or gone un-repaired? possibly a factory defect? I would NEVER have allowed a MOCO dealership to do the initial inspection to find the cause of the accident....

Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,271 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Do a search on this forum about rear wheels inadvertantly locking up.
I remember reading about a similar incident a few months back and thankfully there was no accident or injury(ies) involved.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 PM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,091 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Originally Posted by TBLewis
Maybe i should have clarified that i was interested in a website that sold replacement parts for less than the dealership. He has a large list of parts and would like to save money where he can.
If all else fails, check out this item on EBay Item # 261081171004. Complete Sunglow Red body for $1500 + shipping. It says local pick-up, but maybe they will do something for ya. Just do a search on Tri glide on EBay, there are other body parts there also.
I agree you should look through a lawyer, but if you want to go on your own,,,,,,,,,, SPENDY !!!

Quick Reply: Parts