Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Soft luggage for the trunk / tourpak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:36 PM
HD_Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft luggage for the trunk / tourpak?

Do you folks have any recommendations for soft luggage that maximize the space of the trunk and tourpak? I know the MoCo makes soft bags to specifically fit these areas but I am not a slave to the brand name and would be just as happy with something else.

I'm kinda looking for a brand name and / or model number so I can get something specific.

Thanks all.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 PM
rwhgme
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

HD Rider, not to Hijack the thread but I, too, am looking for that, and a pack for the top rack, AND, the best rain gear as we re going to the trike rally in Maggie Valley in late June.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used this one with great success. Though the one I have is an earlier version of this. http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US Premium Touring Luggage Collection - Collapsible Rack Bag. Never had a problem with the bag coming loose on the rack; and, have stored rain gear, jackets with bungee cords on top of the bag as well.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of Cabellas waterproof bags would be nice.Not much money either.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

The bag that came with my TG (inside the TP), has worked just fine, and maximizes the space. I'm not a slave to the brand, either, but the one they include is cut to fit snugly inside the TourPac. It works well, and I use it for what it was made for.

That said, it's not top quality, and I doubt it's good for much else. I only use it for a way to manage the crap I store in the TP. It never goes on any other trips for for any other uses. I have different bags for those times. I just went on a weekender solo, and used my Swiss Army mini-duffle, and that slid nicely into the trunk. It's also made MUCH better than the HD bag.

The reason I used my SA mini-duffle was that I don't want to drag the entire contents of the TP or trunk into the motel every night. If my rainsuit is dry and rolled up, it can stay in the trunk with the tools, rags, pressure gauges and other doodads I won't need in the motel room. Only my clothes and dop-kit need to come into the room.

As far as rain suits go, that's one product where everyone I ride with says the Harley-branded gear is top-notch. Last month, my wife and I rode the TG over 300 miles in a light-to-medium rain, and the HD suits we have worked MUCH better than the cheaper ones I saw other guys using.

Last edited by TaylorMcStrat; 05-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TaylorMcStrat
The bag that came with my TG (inside the TP), has worked just fine, and maximizes the space. I'm not a slave to the brand, either, but the one they include is cut to fit snugly inside the TourPac. It works well, and I use it for what it was made for.
That's what I use. Got two of them...one with the TG and another that came with my '05 Road Glide. Carry it like it was a soft suitcase.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

Wife and I ride our own scoots, so we use a rolling suitcase bungeed on the passenger seat. Rarely put anything in the trunk, TP is used for jackets etc.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 AM
greyfang
Advanced

last year up in Sturgis, I seen a bag on display on the TP rack of a Street Glide. looked like a perfect size and fit. Used it to cart all my shirts and etc back home. (Saddlemen TR3300DE) 24x11.5x12. Rally price was $145.00. Best luggage I ever purchased.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Skeet7373
Road Master

Originally Posted by greyfang
last year up in Sturgis, I seen a bag on display on the TP rack of a Street Glide. looked like a perfect size and fit. Used it to cart all my shirts and etc back home. (Saddlemen TR3300DE) 24x11.5x12. Rally price was $145.00. Best luggage I ever purchased.

Here it is on Dennis Kirk and Amazon for $109.95. Actually looks better than the expandable bag from HD.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had something similar from Kuryakyn years ago and it weighed a bunch. What does this one weigh? The expandable HD one is very light. Might want to consider this when loading up the top of the tourpak.

Quick Reply: Soft luggage for the trunk / tourpak?