Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Rear Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by sprinkman
Hey, SEAlaskin or msock3 could you lock up your rear wheels like screwball before you installed your new brakes. I don't think I could get mine to slide in gravel. I have had it to the shop twice and they think it is alright. I use alot of front brake when stopping.
No problems locking them up before the change. I mainly changed more for vanity than the need. I have PM wheels that show a good deal or the brake rotor and caliper, figured a nicer looking caliper was in order which I'm starting to regret.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:12 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Blues

I got almost 8,000 miles on mine before I changed them. I try to use a lot of front brake with the rear whenever possible but I do a lot of mountain riding. The new pads looked like they had a little more surface, hoping to do better with the new set. Mine were gone, I doubt I could have locked them up on ice..

Still I was one of the lucky ones, if memory serves a lot of people were having rear brake problems right off the dealer lot. I had the famous rear brake squeal or squeak but got some service life out of the pads. Although 8,000 miles was nothing to brag about.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Butch:Like I mentioned befor, the check is in the mail but don't spend it. I would bet you and M3 a Diet Root Beer that you folks are the least of the worries.
A DIET ROOT BEER? How about the hard core good O Root Beer? I haven't given up on the hard core stuff totally yet!!
Butch

Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
A DIET ROOT BEER? How about the hard core good O Root Beer? I haven't given up on the hard core stuff totally yet!!
Butch
If I am ever fortunate enough to meet you in person I will buy you what ever drink you want. Diet or hard core.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
If I am ever fortunate enough to meet you in person I will buy you what ever drink you want. Diet or hard core.
I'm hoping to make it to the Trike Talk meet next year. Wife is planning on retiring this coming April and she wants to do a road trip. Got my fingers crossed.
Butch

Old 06-21-2012, 04:49 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm hoping to make it to the Trike Talk meet next year. Wife is planning on retiring this coming April and she wants to do a road trip. Got my fingers crossed.
Butch
That would really be GREAT.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Rockwall TG John
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where and when is the Trike Talk meet?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rockwall TG John
Where and when is the Trike Talk meet?
It's going on right now, it's the Ralley in the Valley at Maggie Valley, NC. June 21-24. Go to www.triketalk.com for more info, great sight and wonder full group of people.
Butch

Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts

A thought. Two local dealers are closing out all their Roland Sand and PM accessories. Don't wait too long.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:20 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Yes it should be their top priority and I also will be all over them "soon". I should make a list of exspences "time & labor" "frustration" they caused.
Butch
You might want to keep an eye on the line that comes from the brake like switch fitting and goes to the block on the swing arm. I run for about 14 hours at around 75 mph on a 90 degree day on my way to Maggie Valley for the TT rally. When I got there I happen to look down and found the heat shrink they put over the joint had melted, their getting a phone call from me on Monday when I get home.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Rear Brakes