Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

How to you receive your trike after service?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:27 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don,t know. What I would do. Reggie Pink would work on your bike you would get it back better cleaner then when you brought it in. I trusted them. Theres other Dealers around I would not let them Ck my oil. I Don't trust them. I would tell the owner. Hate to say it Ive found most. Dealers and indys to be full of BS. Reggie Pinks HD was the Best. But after 85 years there Gone. One other dealer looked like a nice shop was Woodstock HD. Like ReggiePink you could look into his shop through a Glass Window. Nothing to hide. As they work on your bike. Yes tell the owner. But then some azz wipe will wipe your bike down dry. Some times its better to do things your self. Because its done right.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't have service wash my trike...was delivered this morning in same condition as when it left last Thursday...clean!

The service dept used to automatically wash your bike after service....not anymore. You can ask for a wash job (free) if you think no scratches will appear.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting comments....all of a sudden, I'm leaning to not having them wash. Good points about scratches. I'm particular about my bike....I know every tiny imperfection on that thing. I just returned from a little three day 750 mile trip....and when I was cleaning my bike noticed a tiny almost pin hole chip in the fender...must have been a rock. Anyhow I'm reconsidering the washing issue by the dealer because if I see something on the paint that I know wasn't there before I brought it in, the issue would start all over again.

Thanks for the comments.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
DonPiar
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
We've bought 4 bikes from the same dealer. It is a very fun 42 mile ride through the canyons to get there, and the bikes get 'buggie'. Bikes are washed and waxed after any service
Same here we drive from PA to Ohio for our dealer but it is worth it, and yes the bike is washed and delivered in showroom condition after every service. A good dealer is hard to find!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Mr Bulldog
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer from whom I purchased my Tri-glide, always washes and wipes my trike down after service. (Makes for good relations and return for other services) Sorry for you folks that have only one dealer in your area and maybe forced to choke down bad service. In any case I agree with the others above that you should at a minimum contact the owner of the dealer and tell them what you think, and maybe make a request that your bike be washed in the future to complete their service.