Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Questions on Tri glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billnourse
Hey! I resemble that remark. 65, got the Ultra, got the flags, US and USMC. Butterball however has her own, a 2012 Triglide with matching red hlemet. It has a flag too. We are still bad azz.

Bill
62 and feel like a bad azz too on my trike! (My wife tells me to look in the mirror though!)

Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Skeet7373
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, I heard from a female friend the other day. She rides a 99 RK with over 90K miles even after it set in a shop for 2.5 years due to the fuel injection went out. It took an indy old drag racer to fix it for her, put a carb on it and it ran fine. She laughed at me and said " 3 wheels, Ah, I see, this gettin old crap aint for sissies is it"! She kills me, she's 5.8", about 120 lbs, legs that go forever and is 64 yo. I laughed at her, she plans on a new SG in two years when she retires. I told her she better look at the TG, it will be better for her old azz!!

Last edited by Skeet7373; 02-15-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 02-15-2012, 01:26 PM
TN-Triker
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Skeet7373
LOL, I heard from a female friend the other day. She rides a 99 RK with over 90K miles even after it set in a shop for 2.5 years due to the fuel injection went out. It took an indy old drag racer to fix it for her, put a carb on it and it ran fine. She laughed at me and said " 3 wheels, Ah, I see, this gettin old crap aint for sissies is it"! She kills me, she's 5.8", about 120 lbs, legs that go forever and is 64 yo. I laughed at her, she plans on a new SG in two years when she retires. I told her she better look at the TG, it will be better for her old azz!!
Skeet, sounds like we might share the same friend!

Old 02-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TaylorMcStrat
Well, that's pretty subjective. How much of a "bad boy" vibe do you get from some older dude on a two-wheeled Ultra Classic with a bunch of flags flying from his TourPac, four cup holders bolted on, a butterball of a wife on the pillion with her pink helmet and gloves, and "Frank & Carla" stenciled on the saddlebags?

I've seen a couple bad-*** looking trikers.
Lol, you forgot to add the stuffed teddy bear with a helmet bunjeed to the tourpak (or the passenger seat)!

Last edited by Boom; 02-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad your still in the wind. The tri-glide is a nice ride bi was considering one in a coupe of years,when the kids are big enough to come with the old lady and I on our tours. The extra gear needed for the 2 youngster will necessitate a bigger ride.
And my girls don't mind. Koni just likes the wind in her face and Kirsten loves the big seat,while listening to the lion king on the radio.
I think the boy and I will lead.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Skeet7373
Road Master
Default TG

Originally Posted by Boom
Lol, you forgot to add the stuffed teddy bear with a helmet bunjeed to the tourpak (or the passenger seat)!
A stuffed HOG wearing a leather jacket! Or, wish I still had my "Alf", he would be perfect..

Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Purple_Daze
Cruiser

I have a lovely 2009 softail custom. I love this bike. It's all me. Last year, after alot if research, I added to my toy farm, a 2011 triglide for the purpose if taking my then 7 year old daughter out on the roads. If I'm alone, I rude my softail and if I'm taking my daughter, I ride the trike. I feel more secure, more stable with the trike with my precious cargo. When my daughter has grown up, I'll repaint the trike, replace its already torn vinyl passenger seat and dress it up to cart my old butt around. By then, it should be paid for!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TaylorMcStrat
There's a lot of good stuff already written here. I suggest you start by doing lots of reading.

I have the light-up luggage rack on my TG, and like it. My wife has the piece of luggage that sits on top of it. When we get to a hotel, she just unhooks it, and carries it in. Only you can decide if you want the luggage rack. We ride two-up many times, so for us, it's handy. YMMV.

The LEDs light up well, and I want the back of my trike to light up like a Christmas tree when I hit the brakes. I also had the dealer install a Harley light thingy that makes the TourPac lights and the LEDs part of the braking lights system.
I am one of the guys who got a trike because I want the motorcycle experience I had while younger with added safety and long-haul comfort given modern riding conditions. The trike does that for me. I can still ride a two-wheeler, and thankfully, don't have health issues that demanded a three-wheeler. The steering and handling are very different from a two-wheeler, but the smiles and twisties (for me) are not.

I still get teased on occasion by my buddies for having a Geezer Glide, but for some odd reason they always like having me as a tail gunner, and they have asked to use the tools I can keep in my trunk, or they need to ask me to carry something they can't fit into the saddlebags.

You can still get stuck somewhere, but you don't have the balance issues of a two-wheeler (especially at low speed).
Referring to bold print: Was that an HD part or aftermarket part?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

On one of my last Ultras I had every conceivable light available on the back of my bike. Then I also installed a Hyper-Lite setup. I had a guy in a car follow me into the Gander Mtd. parking lot just to ask me "Where in the world did you get them lites"?. LOL

On my last bike, a 2010 Limited and now on my TG the Hyper-Lite setup is all I'm going to put on it. It doesn't need anything else. I might even put a second set on the TG with all the money I've saved.

Absplutely the best safety item you can buy. Cheap and easy to install yourself - I was even able to install it.

I also just bought the new (just came out) H-D pulsating headlight kit. There are others already out in the aftermarket. I'm told they really get drivers attention. I never had one before, but since I have a less manuvrable bike I thought I may need it.

http://hyperlites.com/

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Referring to bold print: Was that an HD part or aftermarket part?
I was told it was an HD part. I never saw the box, and all I remember was the cost - $49.95. It was installed before I took delivery. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Questions on Tri glide