Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2010 xxx Fork tube length

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2010 xxx Fork slider length

So I have been looking up info on doing this swap. It is looking more complex than the street bob and fat boy I have done in the past. I just ordered a set of lower sliders powdercoated to swap out on the wife's bike and I noticed they had the drain holes in the bottom. From what I am reading they are not supposed to. Anyone have the length of the lowers on the XXX? I don't want to get into this a see I have the wrong lowers. Also is there a difference in the Tri glide and the XXX? Any help would be much appreciated.....

Last edited by VooDoo13; 02-12-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: TITLE ERROR
Old 02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by VooDoo13
So I have been looking up info on doing this swap. It is looking more complex than the street bob and fat boy I have done in the past. I just ordered a set of lower sliders powdercoated to swap out on the wife's bike and I noticed they had the drain holes in the bottom. From what I am reading they are not supposed to. Anyone have the length of the lowers on the XXX? I don't want to get into this a see I have the wrong lowers. Also is there a difference in the Tri glide and the XXX? Any help would be much appreciated.....
The Triglide and the XXX use the exact same front end, if you have drain holes you don't have the correct ones because I haven't seen any with drain holes. If I remember right the lower is 1" longer than the 2 wheel touring bikes.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser

Well I just measured the one i just bought and it is 15 13/16 to the center of the pinch cap . Probably actually 3/4 but I am just getting a precise measurement. The cap has a hole in it for the allen wrench so does the one on the bike as of now. MAN I am not wanting to get into this without knowing i got the right parts. Wife will loose her mind if it is down for more than a day or 2.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser

For the record The title is wrong. I am actualyl looking for the slider length

Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Well I just measured the one i just bought and it is 15 13/16 to the center of the pinch cap . Probably actually 3/4 but I am just getting a precise measurement. The cap has a hole in it for the allen wrench so does the one on the bike as of now. MAN I am not wanting to get into this without knowing i got the right parts. Wife will loose her mind if it is down for more than a day or 2.
To the best of my knowledge the Triglide and the XXX do not have the typical drain screw you will find at the bottom of the lower slider. They do have the hole in the bottom for the 6mm hex screw to go into.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser

Ok decided to just start. And just to confirm there IS a 6mm in the bottom of the fork. I plan on doing a detailed write up considering there are about 50 to many how do you topics. Soon as I have the slider off I'll post the measurement.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Ok decided to just start. And just to confirm there IS a 6mm in the bottom of the fork. I plan on doing a detailed write up considering there are about 50 to many how do you topics. Soon as I have the slider off I'll post the measurement.
Thats the spirit jump right in. Wished I could have helped more, the lower sliders I pulled off my Triglide are someplace and its tough to get a good measurement with the cow bells in the way when installed.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I do believe you will find 3/4" difference.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser

Slides are the exact same. I do have a worry that when I go to put the oil back in and take the cap off I'm going to catch hell putting it back on. Keep in mind I am doing all this without fork removal.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:21 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Slides are the exact same. I do have a worry that when I go to put the oil back in and take the cap off I'm going to catch hell putting it back on. Keep in mind I am doing all this without fork removal.
I've never done it without removing the forks, might be kind of tough putting them back together due to the spring pressure.

Quick Reply: 2010 xxx Fork tube length